+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for spousal visa - Sri Lanka

Achutheepan

Star Member
Nov 13, 2017
Its been almost 5 months since my wife did her medical and I still haven't got an update, I believe it it best to see a MP so she can find out what is going on. However the application was recieved on June 28 2017. Am I allowed to see an MP before the 1 year time?

gobiy

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Visa Office......
Colombo
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Its been almost 5 months since my wife did her medical and I still haven't got an update, I believe it it best to see a MP so she can find out what is going on. However the application was recieved on June 28 2017. Am I allowed to see an MP before the 1 year time?
Ya same question I have too! My medical done before 5 months. No updates after that. But my application received on Aug 1st. But my wife said it's impossible to contact MP before 1 year. If can plz let us know.

kal94

Jan 24, 2018
Guys I have a question. Recently i hadto upload some additional documents. I did so via gckey. Now the gckey status says additional documents are not applicable. Does that mean it’s been received by the High commission? Do you think I should email directly to Vo as well?

hopefulcanuck1

Star Member
May 8, 2017
Colombo
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
17-05-2016
Ya same question I have too! My medical done before 5 months. No updates after that. But my application received on Aug 1st. But my wife said it's impossible to contact MP before 1 year. If can plz let us know.
Yes I believe your wife is right. The current processing time for spousal sponsorship is 12 months. So if you contact the MP before the 12 months are up, they will say you are within normal processing times so please come back if the application is delayed beyond the normal time frame given.

jacksanu

Star Member
Jan 22, 2018
Hi everyone!

My husband got his PCC request today and they also requested another Schedule A but GCkey is not letting us upload it again. Can someone help? We've validated it many times, and no luck!

Achutheepan

Star Member
Nov 13, 2017
Hi everyone!

My husband got his PCC request today and they also requested another Schedule A but GCkey is not letting us upload it again. Can someone help? We've validated it many times, and no luck!
The same thing happened with me, I then mailed it to CIC Missisauga with my wife's signature and wrote a cover letter on why I couldn't do it online.

kal94

Jan 24, 2018
Guys I have a question. Recently i hadto upload some additional documents. I did so via gckey. Now the gckey status says additional documents are not applicable. Does that mean it’s been received by the High commission? Do you think I should email directly to Vo as well?
Anybody has an answer?

luci1209

Aug 26, 2011

I got my visa last year. The same thing happened to me after I hand delivered the additional documents to Colombo vo this means they have received it.

Reactions: kal94

jacksanu

Star Member
Jan 22, 2018
Guys! They have a new version of Schedule A, so if they ask you to resubmit something, make sure you have the most up to date version of that particular form.

Achutheepan

Star Member
Nov 13, 2017
Guys! They have a new version of Schedule A, so if they ask you to resubmit something, make sure you have the most up to date version of that particular form.
Are they asking you to do another Schedule A because the police clearance expired? My wifes Police clearence expired almost a month ago and still no response.