+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PROCESSING TIME FOR RESTORATION OF STATUS/WORK PERMIT

Sopunuchi

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Then go ahead and apply for your PGWP ASAP. Stop working until then and hope for the best. This is the only option for now. I think the Study permit becomes invalid after 90 days of graduation but status remains as long as its valid. So, you cannot study or work after 90 days. It's confusing for sure but you have limited options. Do what the lawyer suggests.

Yeah I already stopped working and can't obviously study cause I grad already.

Daksh0512

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-11-20202
Med's Request
19-01-2021
Med's Done....
27-01-2021
"I think the Study permit becomes invalid after 90 days of graduation but status remains as long as its valid. ". I think you're very right. Canada is a smart country. I can understand why they will do that. Thanks. I'm still with them on the call. They are saying 1200$ to charge me. I think that's fair.
Apply yourself it’s 300$ dollars with everything, and easy as hell. And study permit becomes invalid after 90 days and whenever you apply for PGWP you then come under implied or maintained status, which lets you work till a decision is made.

Prince chahal

Jan 26, 2024
So I applied for my study permit restoration on 12th of April 2023 i got my biometric request on oct 19 since then I didn’t get any response tried calling itrc few times and they says still under process its been 10 months I got out of status please reply if anyone experienced the same scenario

Sopunuchi

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Apply yourself it’s 300$ dollars with everything, and easy as hell. And study permit becomes invalid after 90 days and whenever you apply for PGWP you then come under implied or maintained status, which lets you work till a decision is made.
Update; I went to the border and my pgwp got approved. I didn't even need trv. I literally just got tired of feeling like shit. So I literally didn't sleep that night and waited till 6am. 6am I booked a lyft ride to the border. It cost me 67$. When I got there by 8am turns out I wasn't the only one flagpoling. So we went together to the usa and then came back. They told me to take a seat. I spent 1 hour 40 mins waiting and it was the longest 1 hour 40 mins of my life. They asked me questions and kept calling me to the stand. When they asked me questions they tell me to go take a sit again and then call me back again. Finally they issued the pgwp. They didn't care if I was out of status or even ask me any questions about it. I was working but I quit 2 to 3 weeks before going there and they didn't seem to care. I got a 3 years work permit. My program was 20 months but took 30 months to finish it cause I failed some courses but I got 3 years. I'm very happy about what happened. So in the end I didn't need to apply for restoration of status which saved me 350$ . Only paid 255$ for the pgwp.i paid 200$ cash and the rest on my card.

Sopunuchi

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
So I applied for my study permit restoration on 12th of April 2023 i got my biometric request on oct 19 since then I didn’t get any response tried calling itrc few times and they says still under process its been 10 months I got out of status please reply if anyone experienced the same scenario
Should have gone to the border. Those guys at the border don't have any time for shit. So they only take what they need and print the paper for your new status right there. My only problem now is that the new status isn't showing up on my ircc account. I thought I was the only person ,I asked the other guys that flagpoled with me and they confirmed the same thing that they didn't see the new pgwp on their account either. All I could see was my previous applications for study permit extension, I'm guessing it's because I applied those ones online that's why I could see them there and not the pgwp I got at the border.

Daksh0512

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-11-20202
Med's Request
19-01-2021
Med's Done....
27-01-2021
I was in same boat, if you applied before the expiration of your last valid permit, you are under implied status, you can keep working and studying.

Daksh0512

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-11-20202
Med's Request
19-01-2021
Med's Done....
27-01-2021
Should have gone to the border. Those guys at the border don't have any time for shit. So they only take what they need and print the paper for your new status right there. My only problem now is that the new status isn't showing up on my ircc account. I thought I was the only person ,I asked the other guys that flagpoled with me and they confirmed the same thing that they didn't see the new pgwp on their account either. All I could see was my previous applications for study permit extension, I'm guessing it's because I applied those ones online that's why I could see them there and not the pgwp I got at the border.
You may need to link it with your irrc portal with uci and application number, if I’m not wrong.

Sopunuchi

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
[
You may need to link it with your irrc portal with uci and application number, if I’m not wrong.
How do you do that? When she was working on my application I got an email for the biometrics right there. But when I logged in I didn't see it. I thought it will show up in 24 hours but it didn't. I just think maybe it's cause I didn't apply online that's why it's not showing under applications. And maybe you're right about the linking thing.. but I don't know how to do it

Daksh0512

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-11-20202
Med's Request
19-01-2021
Med's Done....
27-01-2021
[

How do you do that? When she was working on my application I got an email for the biometrics right there. But when I logged in I didn't see it. I thought it will show up in 24 hours but it didn't. I just think maybe it's cause I didn't apply online that's why it's not showing under applications. And maybe you're right about the linking thing.. but I don't know how to do it
Login to IRCC portal and look for link an application sign, after follow the steps or google it.

Daksh0512

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-11-20202
Med's Request
19-01-2021
Med's Done....
27-01-2021
[

Yea because your application was processed as paper application while receiving e-notifications, your application was a paper application.

Prince chahal

Jan 26, 2024
I was in same boat, if you applied before the expiration of your last valid permit, you are under implied status, you can keep working and studying.
So I applied before my study permit extension before my permit got expired and I got additional documents request and I couldn’t submit documents on time so they refused my application I applied for restoration 10 months ago again within 90 days of time frame can you please share what was your case and how much time it took your application to get approved?

Prince chahal

Jan 26, 2024
Can I still go to the border if application is under process from last 10 months?

Daksh0512

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-11-20202
Med's Request
19-01-2021
Med's Done....
27-01-2021
Can I still go to the border if application is under process from last 10 months?
You can go to border anytime you want, mine was SP extension (first timer), Applied on MAR 30, 2023; Additional Doc request on Dec 13, 2023; Approved Dec 20, 2023.
You are definitely out of status, you should have gone to border earlier, don’t waste time now, you cannot do anything until you have your permit.

Sopunuchi

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
You can go to border anytime you want, mine was SP extension (first timer), Applied on MAR 30, 2023; Additional Doc request on Dec 13, 2023; Approved Dec 20, 2023.
You are definitely out of status, you should have gone to border earlier, don’t waste time now, you cannot do anything until you have your permit.
Yes you're right. Should have gone to the border since. From what I realized from going to the border, make sure you have a valid visa(paper) that hasn't expired because if you don't it will be difficult for them to do anything for you. I was out of status cause my study permit was invalid due to graduating more than 90 days before I applied for my pgwp but the paper study permit was not expired yet so I guess that's why they were able to help me but if the paper is expired too man it will be hard, you'll probably have to explain like crazy as to what happened before they help you

kkincanada

Star Member
Nov 10, 2023
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
19-09-2023
AOR Received.
12-10-2023
@Rahulhadiya Did you receive any update yet? I see your BOWP was refused, so i assume your PR is also in progress, is that correct? if yes, where has it progressed so far while you have been waiting for restoration?