Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
19-09-2023
AOR Received.
12-10-2023
Someone please help on how you applied. I'm in the same issue with restoration of status and pgwp.
If your PGWP was denied, then you need to restore your status as a Student first.

Sopunuchi

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
If your PGWP was denied, then you need to restore your status as a Student first.
I haven't even applied for pgwp at all. The problem was. I graduated from school August 21st and I didn't know I had 90 days from that day for my status to expire. And I was working part time. So now I quit work and looking to restore my status and apply for pgwp at the same time

kkincanada

Star Member
Nov 10, 2023
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
19-09-2023
AOR Received.
12-10-2023
I haven't even applied for pgwp at all. The problem was. I graduated from school August 21st and I didn't know I had 90 days from that day for my status to expire. And I was working part time. So now I quit work and looking to restore my status and apply for pgwp at the same time
Ok, Your study permit will become invalid 90 days after you complete your studies (even before your study permit expiry date) or on the expiry date of your study permit. However, you have 180 days to apply for PGWP. Check this link also. https://pacificimmigration.ca/when-does-study-permit-become-invalid/ I believe you have time to apply for PGWP but since you lost your Student status, you need to immediately file for Restoration of Status as a Student first. You can also call IRCC to discuss your case and get advice or go to local govt. immigration center and they may offer free help. You should be within 90 90-day period after losing your status to restore your status. Hope this helps!

Sopunuchi

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Ok, Your study permit will become invalid 90 days after you complete your studies (even before your study permit expiry date) or on the expiry date of your study permit. However, you have 180 days to apply for PGWP. Check this link also. https://pacificimmigration.ca/when-does-study-permit-become-invalid/ I believe you have time to apply for PGWP but since you lost your Student status, you need to immediately file for Restoration of Status as a Student first. You can also call IRCC to discuss your case and get advice or go to local govt. immigration center and they may offer free help. You should be within 90 90-day period after losing your status to restore your status. Hope this helps!
Didn't know there was a local gov immigration center , is there one in bc? And have you seen a case like this before?.

kkincanada

Star Member
Nov 10, 2023
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
19-09-2023
AOR Received.
12-10-2023

kkincanada

Star Member
Nov 10, 2023
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
19-09-2023
AOR Received.
12-10-2023
Thanks but do they help with cases like this? Giving a lawyer?
there is no harm in trying, sometime they have someone who understands immigration, if not a lawyer by profession. Also, you can check the Student Services at your University and they sometimes have immigration help available in such cases.

Sopunuchi

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Apparently I was just told I'm not out of status by a lawyer and one immigration consultant. They said so far it's within 180 days I'm okay and that I shouldn't work till it's finished. I'm so confused. They asked me when my study permit paper expires and I told them March 31st and they said I'm fine but I need to apply asap cause of the 180 days. And on here you guys say it's 90 days from when I grad

Daksh0512

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-11-20202
Med's Request
19-01-2021
Med's Done....
27-01-2021
Apparently I was just told I'm not out of status by a lawyer and one immigration consultant. They said so far it's within 180 days I'm okay and that I shouldn't work till it's finished. I'm so confused. They asked me when my study permit paper expires and I told them March 31st and they said I'm fine but I need to apply asap cause of the 180 days. And on here you guys say it's 90 days from when I grad
So after 90 days ends, you are out of status either restore or leave the country and after 180 days ends you can no longer apply for PGWP even inside or outside canada, tell me if this make sense to you.

Sopunuchi

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
So after 90 days ends, you are out of status either restore or leave the country and after 180 days ends you can no longer apply for PGWP even inside or outside canada, tell me if this make sense to you.
It makes a lot of sense and I kept repeating it to them and they said it's fine.

kkincanada

Star Member
Nov 10, 2023
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
19-09-2023
AOR Received.
12-10-2023
It makes a lot of sense and I kept repeating it to them and they said it's fine.
Then go ahead and apply for your PGWP ASAP. Stop working until then and hope for the best. This is the only option for now. I think the Study permit becomes invalid after 90 days of graduation but status remains as long as its valid. So, you cannot study or work after 90 days. It's confusing for sure but you have limited options. Do what the lawyer suggests.

Sopunuchi

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
"I think the Study permit becomes invalid after 90 days of graduation but status remains as long as its valid. ". I think you're very right. Canada is a smart country. I can understand why they will do that. Thanks. I'm still with them on the call. They are saying 1200$ to charge me. I think that's fair.

Reactions: kkincanada