+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PROCESSING TIME FOR RESTORATION OF STATUS/WORK PERMIT

Eva26

Jan 15, 2017
Yeah what happened is i got my wp refused because I didn't send one paper because I was told it was not required yet but in november cic refused my wp because of this missing paper and now here I am..

IZZY2016

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Eva26 said:
Yeah what happened is i got my wp refused because I didn't send one paper because I was told it was not required yet but in november cic refused my wp because of this missing paper and now here I am..
Hi Eva26,

Did you hear anything regarding your WP Application yet?

Eva26

Jan 15, 2017
IZZY2016 said:
Hi Eva26,

Did you hear anything regarding your WP Application yet?
Hi !

i talked to my lawyer this morning and he said we should get a decision by the end of January. I really really hope he's right.

IZZY2016

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Eva26 said:
Hi !

i talked to my lawyer this morning and he said we should get a decision by the end of January. I really really hope he's right.
Hi Eva26,
Thanks for the update. One of my friends was saying it would be even faster if I would receive the "first stage eligibility" of my PR application. Now, just wondering, did you receive any other letter from CIC other than the AOR ??

Please keep our finger crossed. I really need by end of this month....

Eva26

Jan 15, 2017
IZZY2016 said:
Hi Eva26,
Thanks for the update. One of my friends was saying it would be even faster if I would receive the "first stage eligibility" of my PR application. Now, just wondering, did you receive any other letter from CIC other than the AOR ??

Please keep our finger crossed. I really need by end of this month....
Hi there !

Same thing here .. my employer called me yesterday I think he's running out of patience too :(

I'm sorry but not sure what you mean by first stage eligibility . Could you clarify ?

About my PR, I got the AoR 4.5 months after I submitted my application. And 2.5 months after the AOR they sent me the medical visit invitation. Since then, I don't have any news which is not normal because in my category the processing time of PR is around 12-13 months.

Eva26

Jan 15, 2017
Eva26 said:
Hi there !

Same thing here .. my employer called me yesterday I think he's running out of patience too :(

I'm sorry but not sure what you mean by first stage eligibility . Could you clarify ?

About my PR, I got the AoR 4.5 months after I submitted my application. And 2.5 months after the AOR they sent me the medical visit invitation. Since then, I don't have any news which is not normal because in my category the processing time of PR is around 12-13 months.
Sorry I meant it's normal ! Forget the "not"

IZZY2016

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Eva26 said:
Sorry I meant it's normal ! Forget the "not"
Thank you, Eva26.

Yes, I talked to other friends as well. They did not receive such thing called "first stage eligibility" other than AOR. So you are right. My friend wanted to mean that even though I got the file number (which we call AOR) this does not confirm the eligibility for PR application. Which does not make sense to me.
Anyway, keep us posted as soon as you get any decision from CIC.
Good luck..

Eva26

Jan 15, 2017
IZZY2016 said:
Thank you, Eva26.

Yes, I talked to other friends as well. They did not receive such thing called "first stage eligibility" other than AOR. So you are right. My friend wanted to mean that even though I got the file number (which we call AOR) this does not confirm the eligibility for PR application. Which does not make sense to me.
Anyway, keep us posted as soon as you get any decision from CIC.
Good luck..
Thank you !! Good luck to you too .

IZZY2016

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Eva26 said:
Thank you !! Good luck to you too .
Hi Eva26,

My WP application has been approved today. huhuhuhuh...........
Hope you will get your decision this week as well. Good luck.

Eva26

Jan 15, 2017
IZZY2016 said:
Hi Eva26,

My WP application has been approved today. huhuhuhuh...........
Hope you will get your decision this week as well. Good luck.
Omg that's amazing !! Truly happpy for you :) congrats !

Siddharth89

Jan 18, 2017
Hey,

I have applied for work permit online on 19th of December 2016. Its already more than 28 day of processing time that they show it online. Can anybody give me update if anybody got the decision who applied around the same date?

Thanks

Eva26

Jan 15, 2017
Siddharth89 said:
Hey,

I have applied for work permit online on 19th of December 2016. Its already more than 28 day of processing time that they show it online. Can anybody give me update if anybody got the decision who applied around the same date?

Thanks
Hi !

I applied for mine on December 13th and I got it yesterday. So yours should coming next week or so. You can also call cic and asks for details about your application . Good luck .

Abdelahhad

Jan 1, 2017
Eva26 said:
Hi !

I applied for mine on December 13th and I got it yesterday. So yours should coming next week or so. You can also call cic and asks for details about your application . Good luck .
Hi Eva,
Just want to ask you where did you apply from ?
I have applied online and did the biometrics in Malaysia on 11th of December 2016.
I want to know whether the estimated processing time tool provided by cic is accurate.
For example, it showes that if I am applying from Malaysia I have to wait for 14 weeks!! is that accurate or could be processed faster ?

Thanks
Abdelahhad

Eva26

Jan 15, 2017
Abdelahhad said:
Hi Eva,
Just want to ask you where did you apply from ?
I have applied online and did the biometrics in Malaysia on 11th of December 2016.
I want to know whether the estimated processing time tool provided by cic is accurate.
For example, it showes that if I am applying from Malaysia I have to wait for 14 weeks!! is that accurate or could be processed faster ?

Thanks
Abdelahhad
Hi!

Are you talking about permanent residency processing time ? Or working permit ?

IZZY2016

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Eva26 said:
Hi !

Hi Eva26, So got it....... Its a great relief. Isn't it... :) :) :)

Happy for you as well. Any idea how long it gonna take to receive the copy in mail?

Thanks