+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PROCESSING TIME FOR RESTORATION OF STATUS/WORK PERMIT

Eva26

Jan 15, 2017
IZZY2016 said:
Hi Eva26, So got it....... Its a great relief. Isn't it... :) :) :)

Happy for you as well. Any idea how long it gonna take to receive the copy in mail?

Thanks
Thank you :))

The cic agent told me they mailed my visa the same day they approved my application so I guess next week. But you don't need to wait for your paper copy to start working :)

Eva26

Jan 15, 2017
Abdelahhad said:
Work permit , please help if you know any information.

Thanks
Well I've never applied for a wp from outside Canada but from my own experience I think the processing times on the website are pretty accurate. So you should expect to wait 14 weeks but it can be faster you never know :) the processing times change all the time too so I would advise that you go check on them every week :)

Good luck !

jcfenix

Mar 29, 2016
Eva26 said:
Thank you :))

The cic agent told me they mailed my visa the same day they approved my application so I guess next week. But you don't need to wait for your paper copy to start working :)
Hi Eva26.
I was on the same situation that you and IZZY2016, and finally today after almost 40 days, my CIC account was showing that my application for Restoration of Status/Work Permit Extension has been approved. However, so far I have not received any message or email regarding tho this decision (guess I will receive a notification maybe tomorrow).
That being said, I have a couple of question for you, hoping you can help me:

-Where can I find any CIC text or web page, as support to show my employer that I can start to work right away, even if I haven´t received the work permit in paper??
-What is the phone number to communicate with a CIC agent, so that I can ask personally about an estimate of time for the delivery of my work permit in paper??

I am desperate to go back to work as soon as possible.
Many thanks in advance Eva26.
Regards,

deepu034

Jul 14, 2014
Hello Eva26,

I have applied for a restoration of Status and Bridge Open Work Permit Application on January 27, 2017 through Paper application as my initial application for Open Work Permit Extension was refused as I have not included the Open Work Permit Holder Fee (100$) along with my Online application.

I have also applied for Permanent Residence and received my Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) for my Permanent Residence Application on February 6, 2017 which I uploaded to CIC through a Case Specific Enquiry.

However, I have not received any update or communication from CIC or CPC Vegreville, Alberta about my Restoration or Work Permit status. Anyone applied for restoration and work permit during the same time period, please share any updates or timelines on this .

kagopala

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
My status in Canada is work permit (LMIA exempt ICT) which is expiring by 30th May 2017. My employer cannot renew my work permit as I completed the cumulative work permit extension.
My spouse is on open work permit which also expires by May 2017

We both have applied for Express Entry PR application and received ITA. We need to submit all the required documents including the Medical exam by May 24th 2017

My wife is pregnant (thanks to God) and we are in a situation where she cannot proceed with her medical x-ray. I hear that CIC will keep our PR application on hold until the due date. But my question is there any possibility to stay back in Canada after our Work permit expiry? (May 30th 2017)
Initially we thought to get the AOR and apply for bridge open work permit

Please advice
Thanks

hasumati

Oct 18, 2015
Re: about bridging work permit

hi , i have a question about bridging work permit, currently i am on student visa status, my school starts in June. and i have already got invitation and i applied for PR, NOW my question is is it still possible that i can still get bridging work permit,? i mean can i cancel my student visa and get work permit while my application is in process ? currently i am not working so i wanna get work permit so that i can work.

please reply as soon aspossible,

thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Re: about bridging work permit

hasumati said:
hi , i have a question about bridging work permit, currently i am on student visa status, my school starts in June. and i have already got invitation and i applied for PR, NOW my question is is it still possible that i can still get bridging work permit,? i mean can i cancel my student visa and get work permit while my application is in process ? currently i am not working so i wanna get work permit so that i can work.

please reply as soon aspossible,

thanks
How did you apply for PR? Under FSW/Express Entry? If so, then no, not possible. You can't move from a study permit to a BOWP. You must be holding a work permit.

AC.R

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-01-2017
Doc's Request.
RPRF Generic email 12-06-2017
Nomination.....
24-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-11-2017
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Not yet
Hello guys.
I was wondering if somebody can help me out.
I have applied for restoration and work permit together on March 10th through paper based application. And i have'nt heard anything from cic yet.
So my question is. Will they send me any acknowledgement of reciept for work permit application and if they do so after how lo g i can expect it.
Please let me know if somebody know. And also i am not able to link it to mycic

deepu034

Jul 14, 2014
Hi AC.R,

I have applied on January 27 - Paper Application - Restoration of Status and Work Permit - but I have not got any update from CIC yet.

I guess you will have only to wait for CIC to get back.

ks231

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-01-2017
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
Med's Request
12-02-2018
Med's Done....
12-03-2018
Passport Req..
28-08-2018
LANDED..........
28-11-2018
Hello guys,
I have applied online for status restoration and LMIA exempt work permit on April 26,2017.
I am not sure if it will be considered as work permit extension or new work permit application inside Canada. For first case processing time is 46 days and for 2nd case its almost 3 month.
Any idea which processing category will be applied for my application?

Thanks

suddeb

Star Member
Mar 25, 2013
I have applied for my spouse OWP Restoration on 25th April'17 (Online Application). Do you have any idea how long it may take?
Anyone received approval(Online Application) recently, please share your timeline here. Thanks.

Stressedgirl

Star Member
Oct 13, 2015
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All. I have been in a rather unfortunate and complicated situation. I graduated last year and then applied for PGWP which I got for one year because of the similar issue you all had: my passport was expiring. I called CIC then and they explained me that I can apply for a renewal after getting my passport renewed. So, on 10th March 2017, I applied for extension of work permit online. I called CIC before applying and they gave me the form 5710E and the link. When I opened the link, it said right on top, 'click here to check if you are eligible to apply online'. So I applied online with all the documentation, my old passport and my degree and also a letter of explaination why i want the extension. I was still workng at my job, hoping it shouldnt be a problem. But then something unfortunate happened. I got a reply on 23rd April night saying my work permit has been refused because I dont fulfill the requirements and I am out of status. They didnt ask me to leave the country. I was devasted. I had also applied for PR in feburary on basis on PNP(ontario).
Sadly, I called CIC next day and asked why there was rejection, since all my documents were complete. They told me I was supposed to apply pn paper. That WAS THE SOLE REASON FOR REFUSAL. I was outraged. I work in IT department and that link said I can apply online as well. They also told me that since I have no status I cannot work and must reapply for restoration and extension via paper application. I took legal advice as well, and the lawyer told the same thing. So within a day I was jobless, totally shocked what has happened. I applied on May 3rd again via paper application. They said the processing time is 4 months. My employer sent me on unpaid leave but they said if I dont hear back in June, they will hire someone else. I dont have enough for rent and I am confused. When I call CIC they tell, that my application has not even gotten a file number so I am not yet in their system yet and I really dont know what I am supposed to do. I am clueless and jobless, and soon will be penniless. I really want to know if someone had a similar situation or any suggestions for me? Something to expediate the process. I am really stressed and desperate here.

dilberyunus

Jun 5, 2017
Hello everyone , I am in same situation and I am so frustrated at this moment and also scared. My work permit expired on 12 dec 12 and i got my PNP Approved on 7th January 2013 so i applied for extension of my work permit and status restore ONLINE from MYCIC ACCOUNT on the basis of PNP nomination on 17th January. Till date i haven't heard anything from CIC , I called them and they said it will take 16 weeks from feb 28 as that the day they started working on my file. My question is do they usually take 16 weeks after they start working on your file and also what are the chances of getting

Hi Amit, I understand that this is a long shot replying this message after more than 4 years but I'm facing a very similar case like you did. Could I possibly reach out to you for some advice? Many thanks! D.

suddeb

Star Member
Mar 25, 2013
I have applied for my spouse OWP Restoration on 25th April'17 (Online Application). Do you have any idea how long it may take?
Anyone received approval(Online Application) recently, please share your timeline here. Thanks.
I received my spouse's work permit approval on June 16th. Almost 8 weeks .