VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Jass, What is the status of your PRTD, my daughter who is now 14 years old, want to settle in Canada. It was conveyed in forum that if you are removed as a minor (as PR) from Canada , you can receive the PRTD on humanitarian ground on reaching 18.... So whats your experience Jass, pls share...
Here is the problem. At the moment your child is still minor. And she cannot apply for herself, but it has to be done by her parents or legal guardian. So she cannot yet being removed as minor. That one she can do upon reaching 18 years (right after that). So you can either attempt to cross the land borders or wait for her to turn 18 so that she can apply with the proper H&C ground.

Jasskaur102

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Here is the problem. At the moment your child is still minor. And she cannot apply for herself, but it has to be done by her parents or legal guardian. So she cannot yet being removed as minor. That one she can do upon reaching 18 years (right after that). So you can either attempt to cross the land borders or wait for her to turn 18 so that she can apply with the proper H&C ground.
Its still in process.i have had applied on 10 oct .but i didnt recieve any response yet.but everyone says there r 90% chances of approval.i m 18 now and we can apply for PRTD if we r under 19 .by mentioning that i was removed as minor .when i will recieve my PRTD I will surely inform u

manpreet4875

Star Member
Mar 27, 2011
Its still in process.i have had applied on 10 oct .but i didnt recieve any response yet.but everyone says there r 90% chances of approval.i m 18 now and we can apply for PRTD if we r under 19 .by mentioning that i was removed as minor .when i will recieve my PRTD I will surely inform u
Thank you Jass
Thank You Jass for reply , Pls confirm one more thing that you have applied this before you reached 18 years or just after reaching 18 years old?

Jasskaur102

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Thank you Jass

Thank You Jass for reply , Pls confirm one more thing that you have applied this before you reached 18 years or just after reaching 18 years old?
I applied it when i was 17 .2months were left to turn to 18 .my date of birth is 4.12.2000 and i applied PRTD on 10.10.2018

manpreet4875

Star Member
Mar 27, 2011
Your daughter can certainly apply for a PRTD. You'll need to arrange for someone to act as her guardian in Canada who she can live with and who will take care of her. While she qualifies for the PRTD, you unfortunately do not. So she would have to travel alone to live in Canada.
Dear Scylla, daughter applied PRTD on H & C grounds on reaching 18, Received confirmation after one month...decision made & embassy asked to submit passport...

Reactions: scylla