+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for PRTD on H&C

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
my guess is that this approach won't work for another 5 years (when she is 18). At that time she could apply based on H&C. Who would be supporting her at 13 and providing guardianship while she went to school in Canada?
Did you ever apply for a PRTD and what were the results? If she did successfully apply for a PRTD, that would not change the fact you are still in violation of the RO and allow you a PRTD as well. You would still need a successful PRTD application as well.

Kaayenaat

Sep 17, 2017
Unfortunately many folks working at CIC may confuse their opinion with statutory provisions. Given it's only 4 days I hope it works out for you, but in the future you would be wise to take what hotline folks say with a pinch of salt.
Agreed

manpreet4875

Star Member
Mar 27, 2011
my guess is that this approach won't work for another 5 years (when she is 18). At that time she could apply based on H&C. Who would be supporting her at 13 and providing guardianship while she went to school in Canada?
Did you ever apply for a PRTD and what were the results? If she did successfully apply for a PRTD, that would not change the fact you are still in violation of the RO and allow you a PRTD as well. You would still need a successful PRTD application as well.
NO , I Have not applied PRTD till know. I last entered in Canada in 2011 & came back after a month & then my PR card expired. I first entered in Canada in 2006 with my younger daughter who was 2 years old then.

manpreet4875

Star Member
Mar 27, 2011
Harry 99, Gurwinder Gill...I am also from Chandigarh & want to apply for PRTD, pls let me know what response you have got from Canadian Embassy...

Kaayenaat

Sep 17, 2017
Hi friends
Can anyone plz guide
I applied PRTD on H&C grounds on 23rd August 2017
I haven't received it yet
My kids r missing their school
Is there anyway I can apply in emergency (Ottawa)as my younger son is Canadian citizen ( 5yrs old)....I mean if I apply on medical grounds regarding my son
Will they consider?

R

rish888

Hi friends
Can anyone plz guide
Is there anyway I can apply in emergency (Ottawa)as my younger son is Canadian citizen ( 5yrs old)....I mean if I apply on medical grounds regarding my son
Will they consider?
Do you have an U.S. visa/means to travel to the U.S.?

If so, you can enter at the land border by car without a PRTD. You may be reported at the border for RO non-compliance, but will have the right to enter nonetheless. (You will need to file an appeal within 30 days though if that happens.)

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hi friends
Can anyone plz guide
Will they consider?
No, PR TDs can only be processed in the country you're currently again. No office in Canada can help you.

Kaayenaat

Sep 17, 2017
Do you have an U.S. visa/means to travel to the U.S.?

If so, you can enter at the land border by car without a PRTD. You may be reported at the border for RO non-compliance, but will have the right to enter nonetheless. (You will need to file an appeal within 30 days though if that happens.)
But my passport is deposited at d Canadian embassy for PRTD

R

rish888

But my passport is deposited at d Canadian embassy for PRTD
Yeah, your passport being with the embassy in an issue.

If you had it in hand you could have gone via the States. Looks like you're gonna have to wait until you get your passport back. (In which case assuming it has the PRTD you can just fly back.)

Sorry for the bad news...

manpreet4875

Star Member
Mar 27, 2011
Hi,
I applied for a PRTD on H&C grounds(was removed as a minor). It has been a month but still the status hasn't changed from "being processed at the Canada Visa Office, CHANDIGARH".

Anyone got any idea how long it is supposed to/will take ?

Thanks
Dear Harry 99, have you got PRTD as you were removed as a minor.. Pls confirm as my daughter want to apply with same status as you...

manpreet4875

Star Member
Mar 27, 2011
Dear Jass, What is the status of your PRTD, my daughter who is now 14 years old, want to settle in Canada. It was conveyed in forum that if you are removed as a minor (as PR) from Canada , you can receive the PRTD on humanitarian ground on reaching 18.... So whats your experience Jass, pls share...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dear Jass, What is the status of your PRTD, my daughter who is now 14 years old, want to settle in Canada. It was conveyed in forum that if you are removed as a minor (as PR) from Canada , you can receive the PRTD on humanitarian ground on reaching 18.... So whats your experience Jass, pls share...
Your daughter can certainly apply for a PRTD. You'll need to arrange for someone to act as her guardian in Canada who she can live with and who will take care of her. While she qualifies for the PRTD, you unfortunately do not. So she would have to travel alone to live in Canada.