+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural Fairness Letter

jci

Jun 26, 2022
I received PFL on February 22, 2024 related to previous charge here in Canada Fail to remain under Highway Traffic Act wayback in 2021. I was given 7 days to respond. The officer is asking to provide outcome and any supporting documents pertaining to the charge. I submitted my reply on Feb 23, 2024 after I got the documents related to the charge from the Provincial Court. I mentioned in the letter that I paid the fine (attached receipt), letter from the Ministry of transporation stating that my 1 year suspension ended, Reinstatement fee receipt, drivers abtract and drivers license. In my gckey, the document I submitted is reviewing on Feb 27. My question is are these documens sufficient to address the concern of the VO? I am also wondering why my HTA charge becomes a concern were in fact it is not a federal offense which will not make me inadmissible in Canada. Is there anyone in the same situation? How long will it takes to received a final decision after responding to the PFL? If anyone can shed light on this post is much appreciated. Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I received PFL on February 22, 2024 related to previous charge here in Canada Fail to remain under Highway Traffic Act wayback in 2021. I was given 7 days to respond. The officer is asking to provide outcome and any supporting documents pertaining to the charge. I submitted my reply on Feb 23, 2024 after I got the documents related to the charge from the Provincial Court. I mentioned in the letter that I paid the fine (attached receipt), letter from the Ministry of transporation stating that my 1 year suspension ended, Reinstatement fee receipt, drivers abtract and drivers license. In my gckey, the document I submitted is reviewing on Feb 27. My question is are these documens sufficient to address the concern of the VO? I am also wondering why my HTA charge becomes a concern were in fact it is not a federal offense which will not make me inadmissible in Canada. Is there anyone in the same situation? How long will it takes to received a final decision after responding to the PFL? If anyone can shed light on this post is much appreciated. Thank you.
Times to hear back after a PFL vary very widely and it's hard to guess. Sometimes it's a matter of weeks but it's not uncommon for it to take a number of months or even more than a year in some cases. Which question did you answer "no" to incorrect? Was it the question around whether you had ever been charged?

jci

Jun 26, 2022
Times to hear back after a PFL vary very widely and it's hard to guess. Sometimes it's a matter of weeks but it's not uncommon for it to take a number of months or even more than a year in some cases. Which question did you answer "no" to incorrect? Was it the question around whether you had ever been charged?
I answered yes to statutory question related to charges in Canada. Originally it was Fail to stop under Criminal Charge which is a Federal Offense. I received an ADR on Feb 13, 2024 asking me to submit Court information which I provided. The case was withdrawn and the crown proceeded to Fail to remain under HTA.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I answered yes to statutory question related to charges in Canada. Originally it was Fail to stop under Criminal Charge which is a Federal Offense. I received an ADR on Feb 13, 2024 asking me to submit Court information which I provided. The case was withdrawn and the crown proceeded to Fail to remain under HTA.
Sounds like you've responded with the right information and all you can do is wait at this point.

Reactions: jci