+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural fairness letter

Childon

Jul 7, 2023
I was issued a procedure fairness letter which am to reply within 7 days because I failed to state my previous visa refusal by US, please how would this affect the outcome of the decision?
How do I resolve this issue?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I was issued a procedure fairness letter which am to reply within 7 days because I failed to state my previous visa refusal by US, please how would this affect the outcome of the decision?
How do I resolve this issue?
Failing to declare a past refusal is regarded as misrepresentation and is a serious matter.

There are three possible outcomes of the decision. One is that IRCC approves your application, the second is that IRCC simply refuses your application, and the third is that IRCC refuses your application and also issued you a 5 year ban from Canada.

You must respond and provide the details of the visa you were refused (when this happened, what was the refusal reasons) and also explain why you failed to answer truthfully in your application. You will then have to wait to see what decision IRCC makes for your application.

If you are uncomfortable responding to the PFL yourself, then you can always hire an immigration lawyer to help you. Make sure you respond within 7 days.