+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Probationary period for Family Class may be as soon as 2011!

Hycore

Star Member
Dec 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
AOR Received.
did not receive any
Med's Done....
March 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov.09, 2010
Oil Sand Guy said:
Canada would be a much better place without ITS OWN SCAMMERS (from within).
Canada would a much better place if the Canadians stand for single mothers and single women. Thus those single women would not go everywhere to fish for men and later come and cry for help
You know what, Oil Sand Guy, if Canada and Canadians are so terrible, leave!

As for Canada standing up for single women and single mothers, the law in divorce cases weigh heavily on their side, sometimes to the detriment of father's rights. Before you go spouting off, do your research. It is difficult to be a single mother/parent that is for sure, and I highly doubt that the women go "fishing" around the world to find a suitable partner. With the burden of the immigration process it would be much easier to "go fishing" in Canada, especially if they are just looking for anyone.

Stumpedmom

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/03/2011 Receivd CPC-M
AOR Received.
16/06/2011
File Transfer...
06/05/2011 Received in Buffalo, 06/2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Done....
12/10/2010
Interview........
waived...obviously cuz we got the PPR
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
24/8/2011 in our hands 8/29/2011
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
What would this mean?? I don't understand it. If they are going to have a probationary period, are the spouses immigrating going to be able to work? That is our biggest hold up, would love to have him here for a "visit" while we wait out this process but we just can't afford to have him not working for the duration.

Does anyone know what the probationary period means?

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
bonbon9 said:
Totally the foreigners choice to have no dignity and come as voluntary slaves.

I agree. I am not unfair nor want anyone to be treated like toys. But you have a choice. A probationary period might be enough for someone to see their partners in a new light and not a good fit. Or it can turn out to be a perfect co-habiting where partners decide to move forward PR. It is not a perfect system and never will be, but a trial period might reduce marriage of convenience. Come on, if you don`t want your PR badly, you don`t stay with someone who abuse you. I`m not talking about couples who met outside Canada, never lived with each other and stay separated during the process then all turns bad once they start their life together. I`m talking about the trial period, when you live with your partner in Canada.
I don`t agree that single men and women turn to fish elsewhere intentionally. Love has no borders- especially not in the world we live in.

Oil Sand Guy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Hycore said:
You know what, Oil Sand Guy, if Canada and Canadians are so terrible, leave!

As for Canada standing up for single women and single mothers, the law in divorce cases weigh heavily on their side, sometimes to the detriment of father's rights. Before you go spouting off, do your research. It is difficult to be a single mother/parent that is for sure, and I highly doubt that the women go "fishing" around the world to find a suitable partner. With the burden of the immigration process it would be much easier to "go fishing" in Canada, especially if they are just looking for anyone.
Asking me to leave ! Who are you? I am more qualified , more educated than someone like you...more than the Immigration Minister himself.
You watch what you say. Be man and or a woman and debate in shoulder to shoulder basis

patiently_waiting

Nov 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 22, 2010
AOR Received.
November 26, 2010
File Transfer...
November 1, 2010
Med's Done....
July 13, 2010
Passport Req..
February 14, 2011
BonBon9 & Hycore - well said! You are both bang on! I keep hearing people complain about Canada throughout the entire site and for the life of me cannot understand if Canada, a place where so many want to live and be a part of what it stands for, is lambasted for being unfair! It doesn't matter where you live on the planet, there will always be issues that stand in our way and finding ways to solve the problems we come across, but undertanding how to deal with them so we we can lead productive lives is the answer.. not making excuses by blaming someone.

Oil and Sand guy you have been fantastic at times at providing the support that so many people need, please keep it clean and provide people with positive advice as this will genuinely benefit people in the long run. S**T happens, to all of us, but is how we overcome these things that help us in the end. I am really sorry if you aren't happy with what I have just said, but remember there are always 3 sides to every story, which includes the truth and not which what we may perceive to be the truth.

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
Thank you patiently_waiting to remind us that we should keep each other positive, help with useful advice and do not create useless debates. All of us are here for one purpose which is to succeed in our PR process. Well said!

patiently_waiting

Nov 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 22, 2010
AOR Received.
November 26, 2010
File Transfer...
November 1, 2010
Med's Done....
July 13, 2010
Passport Req..
February 14, 2011
Thanks Ditta, we all have choices and sometimes trying to be as positive as possible makes all the difference not only to ourselves but everyone else we come in contact with... we never know how much our comments, even the simple ones effect each other. This process makes us fragile and every little bit of positivity helps!

Oil Sand Guy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
patiently_waiting said:
BonBon9 & Hycore - well said! You are both bang on! I keep hearing people complain about Canada throughout the entire site and for the life of me cannot understand if Canada, a place where so many want to live and be a part of what it stands for, is lambasted for being unfair! It doesn't matter where you live on the planet, there will always be issues that stand in our way and finding ways to solve the problems we come across, but undertanding how to deal with them so we we can lead productive lives is the answer.. not making excuses by blaming someone.

Oil and Sand guy you have been fantastic at times at providing the support that so many people need, please keep it clean and provide people with positive advice as this will genuinely benefit people in the long run. S**T happens, to all of us, but is how we overcome these things that help us in the end. I am really sorry if you aren't happy with what I have just said, but remember there are always 3 sides to every story, which includes the truth and not which what we may perceive to be the truth.
Well, I am a PR of Canada right now and will be a citizen soon. I love Canada NO LESS than anyone else including the Prime Minister. But to keep Canada, clean, tidy and great, we have all to work hand by hand, shoulder by shoulder..we have to be realistic and positive. Hidden agenda and coward hidden racism have no place in multiculturalism Canada. To blame one side and only one side on all problems of canada is very wrong and even disgusting. Canada is not heaven or paradise. Canada is on earth and on a planet. Canada will never be immune from scammers, from within, and from the new comers. Did I say, at any point that all foreigners are angels? no. So, we have all to work hard, with open mind in order to minimize the risk and the fraudsters, from whatever origin.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/article/908437--immigration-worker-accused-of-seeking-bribes?bn=1
This link above, is one example of an immigration officer who has been cheating his own country.

Yesterday, in the news, the head of the Immigration Consultant Association (CSIC) was caught fixing fake jobs and cheating the country. Sorry I don't have the link in front of me but you can easily google it. So who to blame here?

Oil Sand Guy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
I found the link:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2010/12/13/immigration-jobs-british-columbia-consultant.html

J

jdwhite21

Wow this whole topic went all random...

As to the original poster, Love_Young:

I think that a probationary period is a good idea. The whole process is made so difficult because of scammers and it would definitely deter those who are just looking for a quick way into Canada. The marriage class would no longer be a quick way in for some and I doubt that a lot would want to bother having to live with someone they are not actually in love with for some many years before they could get PR. It's so hard to prevent people from scamming the system and probation is not a terrible idea. I mean to genuine couples, as long as your spouse was able to work/study whatever, it wouldn't matter that much. I think though that whether it be a probationary period or some other thing, Canada definitely needs a stronger way to deter people who are just trying to gain they're PR. If we could do that, it would definitely be a lot easier for the genuine couples. Sadly that's the way of the world, some people ruin it for everyone.

Oil Sand Guy:

Really, I don't think anyone was placing any blame but realistically you have to understand that the MAJORITY of scammers are not coming from within but from out of the country. You don't see Canadians desperately trying to escape the country, however you do see people from other countries desperately trying to come here. I am not saying that all Canadians are perfect by any means. But you make it seem like a majority of the scammers are coming from within the country. That is absolutely ludicrous. I mean really, if all it was, was that I was desperate for a man, I would just find one in this country. I would not go through the thousand(s) of dollars to sponsor someone to come here and take upon myself the financial responsibility for them. If someone sponsors you, you are in no means a slave. It is very easy for someone who has been sponsored to just leave their spouse once they arrive and live off the government and force the sponsor to pay back every cent. Once you have PR you cannot be forced to stay with your sponsor so I do not understand how you believe Canadians to be out their fishing for men/women. If a foreign national believed they were being used to be a "slave" they could just leave. Sorry to say the scammers aren't from within the country. There may be the odd one but really they will be the ones paying in the end.
p.s. what makes you think you are more educated than the immigration minister?

One last thing, I think Canada is pretty close to heaven on earth ;)

Oil Sand Guy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
jdwhite21 said:
Wow this whole topic went all random...

As to the original poster, Love_Young:

I think that a probationary period is a good idea. The whole process is made so difficult because of scammers and it would definitely deter those who are just looking for a quick way into Canada. The marriage class would no longer be a quick way in for some and I doubt that a lot would want to bother having to live with someone they are not actually in love with for some many years before they could get PR. It's so hard to prevent people from scamming the system and probation is not a terrible idea. I mean to genuine couples, as long as your spouse was able to work/study whatever, it wouldn't matter that much. I think though that whether it be a probationary period or some other thing, Canada definitely needs a stronger way to deter people who are just trying to gain they're PR. If we could do that, it would definitely be a lot easier for the genuine couples. Sadly that's the way of the world, some people ruin it for everyone.

Oil Sand Guy:

Really, I don't think anyone was placing any blame but realistically you have to understand that the MAJORITY of scammers are not coming from within but from out of the country. You don't see Canadians desperately trying to escape the country, however you do see people from other countries desperately trying to come here. I am not saying that all Canadians are perfect by any means. But you make it seem like a majority of the scammers are coming from within the country. That is absolutely ludicrous. I mean really, if all it was, was that I was desperate for a man, I would just find one in this country. I would not go through the thousand(s) of dollars to sponsor someone to come here and take upon myself the financial responsibility for them. If someone sponsors you, you are in no means a slave. It is very easy for someone who has been sponsored to just leave their spouse once they arrive and live off the government and force the sponsor to pay back every cent. Once you have PR you cannot be forced to stay with your sponsor so I do not understand how you believe Canadians to be out their fishing for men/women. If a foreign national believed they were being used to be a "slave" they could just leave. Sorry to say the scammers aren't from within the country. There may be the odd one but really they will be the ones paying in the end.
p.s. what makes you think you are more educated than the immigration minister?

One last thing, I think Canada is pretty close to heaven on earth ;)
We can differ...we can have our opinions..as long as we keep it CIVILIZED. I was , at the start, giving my comments politely till provocation started. What makes someone to suggest that (Canada is like this..if you don't like it then LEAVE).
Yes, I am aware that Canada is closer to heaven on earth. Canada is closer to North Pole..Canada is closer to Alaska and Sara Palin. Canada is full of white snow and blue skies..I am aware of that, and also it is full of mosquitoes

Finally, details of my qualification has been there in the immigration offices....and everyone from top to buttom is aware of it. That was not a snub shot or advertisement. It was meant to say that although I was sponsored myself and although I faced hardship during the process, I was also more than qualified to come to Canada on my own. It could have been easier. But I do not regret as I deelpy love my wife and very proud of her and her bravery in the face of the hardship she had been exposed to in Canada.

Hycore

Star Member
Dec 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
AOR Received.
did not receive any
Med's Done....
March 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov.09, 2010
Oil Sand Guy said:
Asking me to leave ! Who are you? I am more qualified , more educated than someone like you...more than the Immigration Minister himself.
You watch what you say. Be man and or a woman and debate in shoulder to shoulder basis
Qualified for what, may I ask? To live in Canada? More educated? You have no idea what my educational background is therefore, how can you make that claim or assumption? Perhaps you could put some of your substantial education towards using proper grammar and punctuation.

I was not personally attacking you but more so "debating" your point of view. I have been a Canadian citizen since I was born, and am a fourth generation Canadian, serving our great nation militarily as well as working as a public servant. All I am saying is that I am sick of some (not all) immigrants coming to Canada and complaining about Canada and generalizing my other fellow Canadians. Instead of complaining about how terrible Canada is, why don't you go and take advantage of the free English classes that are provided by those 'horrible' Canadian tax payers.

Oil Sand Guy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Hycore said:
Qualified for what, may I ask? To live in Canada? More educated? You have no idea what my educational background is therefore, how can you make that claim or assumption? Perhaps you could put some of your substantial education towards using proper grammar and punctuation.

I was not personally attacking you but more so "debating" your point of view. I have been a Canadian citizen since I was born, and am a fourth generation Canadian, serving our great nation militarily as well as working as a public servant. All I am saying is that I am sick of some (not all) immigrants coming to Canada and complaining about Canada and generalizing my other fellow Canadians. Instead of complaining about how terrible Canada is, why don't you go and take advantage of the free English classes that are provided by those 'horrible' Canadian tax payers.
Well, I dont need to be William Shakespeare in order to win your impression in a simple forum, like this one. At least, I can speak 4 languages fluently.
You ordered me "frankly" to LEAVE. What else you could have said?

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
Whilst the idea of a probationary period is not prefect, right now it appears its the best idea so far. As many have already stated, scammer's will live with their partners for 2 years, if they are that determined to gain entry to Canada but the scheme will wheedle out the not so desperate.

It will also make the spousal route quicker, which is the best thing for those genuine couples. In answer to another posters question, yes you will be able to work and get health care during the probationary period. The idea is to maintain a genuine relationship for a set period of time and prove to CIC after that time you are still together. Then you will get the full PR.

There does not seem to be any other way right now and I believe everyone should brace themselves for this becoming law early 2011. A friend whom works as a Border Guard, tells me that they are already getting information about new paperwork to issue at the borders as early as February 2011.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Angelbrat did she specify what paperwork. Like manual or visas to issue? Curious about this now.