+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Private Sponsored Refugees After Medical Examination

Hamza jama

Star Member
Jun 9, 2021
Hello everyone. I just want to give you my last updates about my case. After waiting for almost 4 years of processing I finaly arrived in Canada 2 days ago and i've got my sim card, SIN number, bank card, transportation card and public library card today. Thanks to everyone who helped me and I wish you all the best. Peace.
Hi I received a pre arrival letter 45 days ago and yesterday IOM called me to confirm my medical so I told me she said your everything is ready,do you guys know what does it mean

madrid47

Feb 22, 2024
Hello Everyone how are yall doing?
I hope everyone is doing well. I just need someone to help me understand with my application.
According to the website, they started my application on January 2021. It has been 3 years and 2 months or 1150 days or 37 months since they started my application. According to them group 5 application from uganda takes 36 months to finish and as I told u mine have passed the limit. I did interview and my medical expired and I have done another medical and nothing new from ircc. WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO NOW?

Hamza jama

Star Member
Jun 9, 2021
I hope everyone is doing well. I just need someone to help me understand with my application.
According to the website, they started my application on January 2021. It has been 3 years and 2 months or 1150 days or 37 months since they started my application. According to them group 5 application from uganda takes 36 months to finish and as I told u mine have passed the limit. I did interview and my medical expired and I have done another medical and nothing new from ircc. WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO NOW?
Hi am well just be patient because your application is not even close to your process time coz my application is 2019 did everything even IOM called me not yet close to completion still in process so 36 months and when was your application transfer to your visa office it's there 36 months

Nero123

Mar 7, 2024
when did you do the second medicals?

Knnan

Aug 18, 2022
Hello, everyone! I'm delighted to find all this information in our conversation. I had my Desion made last week for private sponsor while staying in the UAE. My application sence 2018 and i my second medical expired in August 2023. Do any of you know
what documents they will request after a decision is made.
and if they will aske for medical after they made the desion.
and how long it will take to book the flight?"

madrid47

Feb 22, 2024
Hi am well just be patient because your application is not even close to your process time coz my application is 2019 did everything even IOM called me not yet close to completion still in process so 36 months and when was your application transfer to your visa office it's there 36 months
Thanks for replying to my comment.
No 36 months is too much, its 3 years after they started my process on January 2021.
My application transfer was on December 2020, it came in an email of approval.

madrid47

Feb 22, 2024
didn't do re medical yet so just be patient and when did you receive approval from the time you receive approval till now how many months have you been waiting?
You replied to the wrong person.
I'm the one who you said to be patient.
I received sponsorship approval on December 2020 which means it's been 3 years and 3 months till now.
I received pre-arrival letter on February 2023, two days after my interview. Which means its been 1 year and 1 month.

Reactions: Rach_RN

Hamza jama

Star Member
Jun 9, 2021
You replied to the wrong person.
I'm the one who you said to be patient.
I received sponsorship approval on December 2020 which means it's been 3 years and 3 months till now.
I received pre-arrival letter on February 2023, two days after my interview. Which means its been 1 year and 1 month.
it's seems your application and mine is being process the am doing a medical next week with IOM

Hamza jama

Star Member
Jun 9, 2021
Hi guys after 4 months did medical yesterday since receiving my pre arrival letter does anyone knows how long it takes after medical for flight ✈ or decision made

Hamza jama

Star Member
Jun 9, 2021
Anyone know what's going on with IOM ETHIOPIA, refugees who got visa approval end of last year still waiting flight 4 months past.
Probably your process time is long or could be IOM still busy preparing other refugees to depart with you because IOM doesn't take one person at the time but as many as 30 to 40 refugees once they work on budget

Reactions: Farta

Farta

May 30, 2020
I sponsored my aunt through group five july 2020 she did interview june 2023, medical November 2023, got dicision made december 2023, got visa approval email that stated she'll be here between 7 to 12 weeks. After that nothing , is that normal.

Farta

May 30, 2020
Probably your process time is long or could be IOM still busy preparing other refugees to depart with you because IOM doesn't take one person at the time but as many as 30 to 40 refugees once they work on budget
thanks for you reply, I hope that's the case because the process in Addis Abab is vary slow.