+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Private Sponsored Refugees After Medical Examination

Mrrefugee

Jan 31, 2023
Congratulations Bro, I wish you a safe journey, may I ask you how did IOM contact you about your flight date by email or phone call ? Thank you
Thanks for your well wishes. IOM gave us a phonecall the day before yesterday and told us to be at the ministry of foreign affairs of our host country the next day and they informed us that their representatives will meet us there. The two representatives sent to us from the IOM yesterday to help us finish some finger printing and other paperworks at the ministry showed us inperson our individual tickets and temporary certificates for confirming permanent resident issued by the Canadian gov't.

Reactions: Niyuba

amanofadam

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
Thanks for your well wishes. IOM gave us a phonecall the day before yesterday and told us to be at the ministry of foreign affairs of our host country the next day and they informed us that their representatives will meet us there. The two representatives sent to us from the IOM yesterday to help us finish some finger printing and other paperworks at the ministry showed us inperson our individual tickets and temporary certificates for confirming permanent resident issued by the Canadian gov't.
Congrats bro, good luck and safe flight.

Reactions: Mrrefugee

amanofadam

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
anyone in here knows about one year window program? If I want to sponsor my family who are not accompanying me, can I sponsor them through one year window after arriving Canada?

Niyuba

Star Member
Jan 26, 2022
YYr
anyone in here knows about one year window program? If I want to sponsor my family who are not accompanying me, can I sponsor them through one year window after arriving Canada?
Yes, you they can immigrate to Canada through that program if you have mentioned them in your PR application forms as dependent non accompanying you.

Reactions: amanofadam

amanofadam

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
[
YYr
Yes, you they can immigrate to Canada through that program if you have mentioned them in your PR application forms as dependent non accompanying you.
Alright, now I get it, is it better just to do private sponsorship or one year window, because I really haven't seen anyone doing that program as refugee.

Niyuba

Star Member
Jan 26, 2022
[

Alright, now I get it, is it better just to do private sponsorship or one year window, because I really haven't seen anyone doing that program as refugee.
OYW Program is the best than PSR because it doesn't have long time processing just one year in normal process, the program is like family Sponsorship, it works only for wife or husband and your children under 22 years old, even they are still in your country of origin.

amanofadam

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
OYW Program is the best than PSR because it doesn't have long time processing just one year in normal process, the program is like family Sponsorship, it works only for wife or husband and your children under 22 years old, even they are still in your country of origin.
Thanks a lot for the information
I have my mother and my brother who's under age I have written their names on my psr applications, so that means I can use the one year window after arriving Canada to sponsor them?

amanofadam

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
you can't sponsor your Mother or your Brothers under OYW just only common partner (Husband or Wife) or Children under 22 years old
That is a problem, I guess the only option is private sponsorship. What about family reunification is that an option? Or it is similar to OYW

Niyuba

Star Member
Jan 26, 2022
That is a problem, I guess the only option is private sponsorship. What about family reunification is that an option? Or it is similar to OYW
The only to Sponsor your Mother or Brothers is through PSR Program, Family Reunification is the same with OYW (it's only possible for dependents like your Wife and your Children).