+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Previously Visa refusal

Deon Mugoni

Jul 7, 2017
I was previously refused student Visa for Australia will it affect my study permit for Canada?
Secondly I'm being told to mention it on my visa application and my cover letter please help it cracking my head.

Deon Mugoni

Jul 7, 2017
I haven't applied yet I deferred to Jan 2018 since I didn't have much time to apply for my Visa on time but some told me I have to mention it because if I don't it will be immediately be found I don't know how true is it?

Aman R

Jun 8, 2017
India
I haven't applied yet I deferred to Jan 2018 since I didn't have much time to apply for my Visa on time but some told me I have to mention it because if I don't it will be immediately be found I don't know how true is it?
yup, it's true because all the details can be retrieved from you passport no. as embassies share data with each other.

good boy

Feb 17, 2017
I was previously refused student Visa for Australia will it affect my study permit for Canada?
Secondly I'm being told to mention it on my visa application and my cover letter please help it cracking my head.
Yes, it will affect your chances. But, many applicants get through that. You should explain the reason of previous refusal and why it will not be applicable for Canada (be creative or seek help from members to come up with good logic).
You MUST declare it. No other choice.

Deon Mugoni

Jul 7, 2017
i haven
Yes, it will affect your chances. But, many applicants get through that. You should explain the reason of previous refusal and why it will not be applicable for Canada (be creative or seek help from members to come up with good logic).
You MUST declare it. No other choice.
can you help me cook up something that makes sense here are the reasons for the refusal

I didn't satisy the genuine temporary crateria
1 I didn't have strong ties at home
2they didn't see any relevance to my course
3the economic and political situation in my home country they said want to use the student visa as way to migrate into Aussie.

good boy

Feb 17, 2017
In your Canadian application mention-
1. Ties to home country: family members/business/property in your name/job prospect in home country
2. Explain proposed degree's relevance in relation to past education and experience.
3. Get some job advertisement from your country that requires the qualification you are going to attain in canada.

Rest is your writing skills.

Deon Mugoni

Jul 7, 2017
In your Canadian application mention-
1. Ties to home country: family members/business/property in your name/job prospect in home country
2. Explain proposed degree's relevance in relation to past education and experience.
3. Get some job advertisement from your country that requires the qualification you are going to attain in canada.

Rest is your writing skills.
Let's say I want to study business management diploma can I put it like this
I will return back and start my own as a business consulting/businessman as I will have the expertise and skills to do so and also help to improve the economic situation in my home country I have strong ties in Zimbabwe I am a family oriented person and I get along well with my family and the reason I plan on returning to take care of my ageing father and my two sister's.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you lie, expect to be refused and banned from Canada for five years. Don't try to 'cook up' a reason for the Australian refusal. Visa officers aren't stupid. They have seen thousands of applications and have seen every trick in the book. Simply list the refusal and the reason why you were refused (as stated by Australian authorities). To have the highest chance of being approved for the Canadian study permit, you'll want to demonstrate ties to your home country (ideally property ownership, etc.) and also make sure the studies you plan to take in Canada make sense in light of your previous education and any experience.

good boy

Feb 17, 2017
Let's say I want to study business management diploma can I put it like this
I will return back and start my own as a business consulting/businessman as I will have the expertise and skills to do so and also help to improve the economic situation in my home country I have strong ties in Zimbabwe I am a family oriented person and I get along well with my family and the reason I plan on returning to take care of my ageing father and my two sister's.
Sounds good to me. If possible, add property and job prospect or advertisement.

Deon Mugoni

Jul 7, 2017
If you lie, expect to be refused and banned from Canada for five years. Don't try to 'cook up' a reason for the Australian refusal. Visa officers aren't stupid. They have seen thousands of applications and have seen every trick in the book. Simply list the refusal and the reason why you were refused (as stated by Australian authorities). To have the highest chance of being approved for the Canadian study permit, you'll want to demonstrate ties to your home country (ideally property ownership, etc.) and also make sure the studies you plan to take in Canada make sense in light of your previous education and any experience.
Thanks for the advice

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Just to add - if you already have a bachelor degree, you will want to be taking at least a post graduate diploma in Canada - a Masters would be much better. Don't go for a regular diploma - that's too much of a step down from the degree you already have. You will have some work to do to overcome the Australian refusal. So you want a strong application. Good luck.

Reactions: dreamy2536