London - UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Skipped
LANDED..........
01-09-2013
Good Job Done,

BTW, most of the applicants from Middle East Region do not call for interview. But its very good for our Asian friends, to prepare for the interview.

MrUSK

Sep 11, 2012
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
Med's Request
February, 2012
Med's Done....
March, 2012
Interview........
June, 2013
Dear Friends,

AOA,

I shared my immigration case earlier on this forum as well and just had a recent development into it. So need your sincere advice and input on the current situation.

My father applied for the FSW immigration in 2009. I was 20 years old at the time of application. The process went on and we were asked to get the Medicals done in Feb, 2012 along with sending an updated application. At that time I had graduated and worked in an organization for 5 months after which I had quit my job and was jobless. We made a mistake and informed this to CHC in the updated application as we were unaware that I had to be shown as dependent and should have been shown as a student who is financed by my father to stay a part of the application.

We had submitted the documents and medicals and there was no response from CHC for well over an year. Just last week, my father received a phone call and an email inviting him for an interview at the Canadian Embassy in Islamabad.

His interview is scheduled for 19th June. But the situation right now has not changed much. I am still jobless and in that context a dependent on my father. But I've applied for admission in Masters program at a local university just to be on the safe side. The admission is under process and I will be a regular student in September which would make the case that I am a dependent on my father.

Now, the problem that is bothering us is how to justify the 2 years that I have spent jobless (with a 5 month job period) that I am still a dependent on my father.

Do you have any expert opinion on this? What if the interviewer asks my father to remove me from the application and immigrate with the rest of the family members? That is what we don't want to do because in that case my father will have to sponsor me after getting PR which would take another 2-3 years at the very least for me to get the PR.

Can you please help out and give sincere suggestions on how to best prove that I'm still a dependent and can be allowed to immigrate with my family?

Further, do you have any guidelines and instructions to follow for clearing the interview process? Please note that only my father has been invited for the interview and no other family member has been asked to come with him.

Many thanks.
Khan

surenderJeet

Nov 24, 2010
Hey guys,

If you looking for job in IT in Canada any city then email me your resume jyoti.kumar@tdgdataconcept.com and email me your number.

I will contact you.

Thanks,
SurenderJeet

zennzorba

Jun 18, 2012
india
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
Doc's Request.
july 2010
File Transfer...
in process march 2012
Med's Request
awaited
MrUSK said:
Dear Friends,

AOA,

I shared my immigration case earlier on this forum as well and just had a recent development into it. So need your sincere advice and input on the current situation.

My father applied for the FSW immigration in 2009. I was 20 years old at the time of application. The process went on and we were asked to get the Medicals done in Feb, 2012 along with sending an updated application. At that time I had graduated and worked in an organization for 5 months after which I had quit my job and was jobless. We made a mistake and informed this to CHC in the updated application as we were unaware that I had to be shown as dependent and should have been shown as a student who is financed by my father to stay a part of the application.

We had submitted the documents and medicals and there was no response from CHC for well over an year. Just last week, my father received a phone call and an email inviting him for an interview at the Canadian Embassy in Islamabad.

His interview is scheduled for 19th June. But the situation right now has not changed much. I am still jobless and in that context a dependent on my father. But I've applied for admission in Masters program at a local university just to be on the safe side. The admission is under process and I will be a regular student in September which would make the case that I am a dependent on my father.

Now, the problem that is bothering us is how to justify the 2 years that I have spent jobless (with a 5 month job period) that I am still a dependent on my father.

Do you have any expert opinion on this? What if the interviewer asks my father to remove me from the application and immigrate with the rest of the family members? That is what we don't want to do because in that case my father will have to sponsor me after getting PR which would take another 2-3 years at the very least for me to get the PR.

Can you please help out and give sincere suggestions on how to best prove that I'm still a dependent and can be allowed to immigrate with my family?

Further, do you have any guidelines and instructions to follow for clearing the interview process? Please note that only my father has been invited for the interview and no other family member has been asked to come with him.

Many thanks.
Khan
u seem to have crossed the age of 22 (about 2 yrs back) as per the outer limit of dependents age for immigration to canada..specially as u have also shown a break in ur academics and hence not dependent. it is upto the IO to pass his discretion, however i feel that they are usually considerate and u should sail thru!

Saf_khan

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London - UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Skipped
LANDED..........
01-09-2013
zennzorba said:
u seem to have crossed the age of 22 (about 2 yrs back) as per the outer limit of dependents age for immigration to canada..specially as u have also shown a break in ur academics and hence not dependent. it is upto the IO to pass his discretion, however i feel that they are usually considerate and u should sail thru!
i second the same.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I am not an authority and cannot comment from experience. However, my gut feeling is not to think of this being an easy situation at all. I fully understand the feelings you must be having right now and hope this will help keep you sharp to deal with this. Understand that the most up to date rules have dropped the age of dependent children from 22 to 18, hence my caution against complacency. Read the OP Manuals and find out exactly what the VO is directed to do in these situations. Order GCMS notes immediately. They take a month. I don't know if there is a lock in date for children's ages. (If the application had been processed earlier you would not have passed your 22 birthday. However, as you were not actively enrolled in education, I still don't think this would matter.)
It is my understanding that you will have to apply for PR on your own strength once you are no longer considered to be a dependent offspring. It may be time to look at the list of occupations and educational requirements to apply for future PR. I wish your Dad well with the interview. All the best.

xnista

Oct 31, 2009
Dubai
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Cour.d 27/06/11
Doc's Request.
Rec.vd 29/06/11
Nomination.....
Cc 18/07/11
AOR Received.
PER 02/09/11
IELTS Request
19/03/11
File Transfer...
RBVO 23/09/11 - CIC asked update 08/08/12 within 60 days
Med's Request
Update was sent by mid Jan 2013
Med's Done....
Request July 29, done Aug 1, sent Aug 6 online, receipt confirmed Aug 9
Interview........
28/05/2013 called for 13/06/2013
Passport Req..
11/11/2013
VISA ISSUED...
27/11/2013
LANDED..........
25/12/2013 Christmas Eve
Alright the viewers who come to get some information about interview, this may be irrelevant, but for CHC London, be sure you confirm your interview to the right email address of london-im-interview @ international.gc.ca , rather than re-london-im-interview @ international.gc.ca , otherwise you won't get confirmation for attendance.

fatmaswaro

Jun 17, 2013
انا اسمي فاطمة عمري 22 عندي مايا 7 سنين او ابراهيم 6 سنين عايش بلبنان مع زوجي او ولادي بمدارس خاصة بلبنان المشكلة جوزي عمل حادث من 2سنة وحالتنا كلمالا لورا او بدو يئثر علا ولادنا راح يتشردو او جوزي اللي ازا بدك تسافري علا كندا هجرة انتي والاولاد لدبرلكون طرييقا للسفر لانو جوزي ماعاد بيقدر يدخل الاولاد بل خاصة الرجاء الرجاء اللي فينو يساعدنا مايقصر فقط دبرولنا هجرة علا كندا انا ناطر الرد

amir82

Jun 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2011
LANDED..........
Oct 2014 Alhamdulilah
Dear Friends

I have been interviewed recently and I have experienced something strange. I wanted to share it and wanted to know if this has happened with any one else also ? VO took interview and have raised few points during the interview which are as follows

1. That my JD does not match the required NOC code. ( where as it is a match which is provided on the official letter head of the company but may be it sounded a bit different in verbal speech. I also raised point that things goes different when performed practically as situations changes with people and areas in which it is executed. )
2. I took all the required documents with me in original and VO looked each one of it but said he cannot take any of the original as he is going back to london and he might misplace it so he would send me an email to send all the said documents through courier.
3. He said my JD does not match NOC code but this is what he thinks at that moment and would require some time to rethink over his decision and would take 3 to 4 weeks to reply me back.

Please elaborate this situation for me if there is any thing that I have not been accrossed with yet. Say If I recieve a negative response what can be the points which I can raise. I am confident at my end and points but I am just confused at what VO said and by not taking the document at the spot. I would apprieciate if any senior member can be help me with this scnario.

Regards
Amir

shkhassan

Star Member
Dec 19, 2012
Dear,

Same thing happened with me. Though I was able to satisfy the VO at the time of interview. One more thing which I would inform you is that write a formal letter to the VO giving the reference of the interview and the Email in which the VO has requested for the Documents to bring in. Make a package and send all the documents .

This will save your time.

Regards

amir82 said:
Dear Friends

I have been interviewed recently and I have experienced something strange. I wanted to share it and wanted to know if this has happened with any one else also ? VO took interview and have raised few points during the interview which are as follows

1. That my JD does not match the required NOC code. ( where as it is a match which is provided on the official letter head of the company but may be it sounded a bit different in verbal speech. I also raised point that things goes different when performed practically as situations changes with people and areas in which it is executed. )
2. I took all the required documents with me in original and VO looked each one of it but said he cannot take any of the original as he is going back to london and he might misplace it so he would send me an email to send all the said documents through courier.
3. He said my JD does not match NOC code but this is what he thinks at that moment and would require some time to rethink over his decision and would take 3 to 4 weeks to reply me back.

Please elaborate this situation for me if there is any thing that I have not been accrossed with yet. Say If I recieve a negative response what can be the points which I can raise. I am confident at my end and points but I am just confused at what VO said and by not taking the document at the spot. I would apprieciate if any senior member can be help me with this scnario.

Regards
Amir

amir82

Jun 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2011
LANDED..........
Oct 2014 Alhamdulilah
Dear shkhassan

Did he/she take documents from you while interview ? Can u provide me details of your interview that how did u satisfied the VO and what was the reason when initially he was not satisfied ?

shkhassan said:
Dear,

Same thing happened with me. Though I was able to satisfy the VO at the time of interview. One more thing which I would inform you is that write a formal letter to the VO giving the reference of the interview and the Email in which the VO has requested for the Documents to bring in. Make a package and send all the documents .

This will save your time.

Regards

shkhassan

Star Member
Dec 19, 2012
Dear Amir,

No she did not took the documents at the time of interview and conveyed me the same thing that it's a hassle carrying all the documents. With this sentence I can assume that you have done the interview well and will soon get the medicals.

In the mean time prepare a covering letter with the documents request email/letter and send all the documents to the VO so you save time.

shkhassan

Star Member
Dec 19, 2012
The questions she asked was about my JD mismatch with the education plus had concerns over my previous immigration to Canada. I judged her satisfaction and she did not conveyed the same.

Rest I don't believe in GCMS/ CAIPS etc etc notes. It's a waste of money (it's my opinion)