+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prepare an interview

shibdutta

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Hello everyone,

I am looking for good experienced candlidates in IT and non IT fields who has received PPR or PR and planned or planning to move in Canada (in near future). You can send me your updated resume to my email address shibdutta@hotmail.com. Mention your experience level and Domain in the subject. If you want to discuss anything I will share my WhatsApp number over email.

C# / .Net Developer
HTML 5
Core Java developer/J2EE developer
Pega developer
ECM
Sencha Ext js developer
QA Program manager
Big Data Architect
Data Architect
Pega BSA

I have some opennings in Non IT roles as well.
Thanks
Shiv

kunalthakker

Jun 22, 2017
I may be wrong, so please correct.
I have visited almost a dozen consultant, in India as well through Skype in Canada. Almost everyone told that there is no interview process. Is it true? Because this is the first thread that I see regarding interview!

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
I may be wrong, so please correct.
I have visited almost a dozen consultant, in India as well through Skype in Canada. Almost everyone told that there is no interview process. Is it true? Because this is the first thread that I see regarding interview!
The interview portion of the application process is only activated when an application review officer has some concerns or requires clarification on certain aspects of an application. That is when an interview invitation is extended so the applicant has the opportunity to address the concerns. Interviews are rare but are possible, majority of applicants will not undergo interviews.

Reactions: shipping

Rehan1977

Mar 31, 2017
Got an interview call!!!
I was nervous when I first saw that Email, but after reading a few posts in this thread I am relieved.
I hope I am able to clear it :|

INAM khan

Feb 21, 2015
Visa Office......
LVO ( RFI)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2014
Nomination.....
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
SLU: 26/08/2015
File Transfer...
05/02/2015
Med's Request
Waiting. ........
Hi all,

Been a silent follower of this forum since 2014 and writing my 1st post on this forum... Had applied for FSW 2014 under noc 0111 in July '14, got PER in mid Nov '14 and since then there was no movement on the case. Until Jan 2017 when I got an email to appear for an interview in AbuDhabi. The interview was scheduled 1st week of Feb and by the grace of Allah I was successful in clearing it. This forum helped me alot in my preparation and I would like to thank all who have posted their experiences or any info regarding interviews as it was very helpful.

My experience was almost the same as mr. INFO, infact it felt like the interviewer just wanted to meet me, see my confidence, ability to handle a tense situation and have a lil chit chat about my views on different things. It lasted hardly for 20 to 25 mins and at the end he told me that he was satisfied. He also mentioned that I would be getting an email for my pending PCC (FBI, as I only applied for it once I got the interview invitation). and once that is submitted ill get another email for medicals. Once these 2 are done I would be getting the last email to submit my passports for the visa.

My advice to people who have interviews lined up, is that they shouldn't worry if they do not have anything to hide, just be positive and confident and keep smiling (just be urself, do not pretend to be someone u r not).

Second and most important advice is, if you know u have made a mistake in the forms (an honest mistake), be upfront about it and tell the interviewer about it before he actually starts asking u questions. In my case I had mistakenly mentioned that my wife's Canadian visit visa wasnt rejected without even asking her coz I didnt know she had applied for it before our marriage (even though she had read the forms herself but she also missed it some how) and once we got the interview call I looked at the copy of all the forms that were sent to them and went through everything in detail with her and got to know about this mistake. Another mistake that was made by the consultant when sending the forms was they had mentioned my NOC wrongly against one portion of my experience (4 years exp) that was the basis for me in applying for 0111. What I did was, I waited till we had the introduction chat, he told me how the interview will be conducted and once he was actually going to start asking me questions I requested if I could clarify a couple of things before he starts. He gave me permission and listened to what I had to say and than thanked me twice for being upfront and accepting the mistakes and he even told me that its ok, there is no problem and he just needs to update that in his system.

Third advise is, do not be stressed out like I was, thinking over excessively of what the questions would be. U just have to know whats on ur file and the proof related to it. (mainly ur experience and proper proof of salary transfers and proof of available funds)

Final advise is to look at everything u sent them initially and look for problems in forms and the documentation u sent along with them. And once u have gone through all that, arrange those documents as mentioned on the interview invitation letter (use a nice file with separators and post it stickers showing where each documents is). It shows that u r organized and the interviewer really appreciates that.

The people on this forum have been kind enough to spare so much time trying to help others and seeing that I cudnt resist (even though i am not really fond of typing my stories... hehe) and thought there is a small probability that this might help someone. I really hope and pray that all the people waiting to clear this step are successful and have a blessed life.

I would also request everybody who reads this to remember me and my family in there prayers as this is just one small stop and there's a long journey ahead.

If I can be of any further help please do let me know.

wish everybody a successful and a blessed life.
Dear shan brother

I applied on the same NOC 0111 in 2014, but there was no update since long. Now received interview call, so could you please guide me what kind of questions do they asked in interview. It's totally related to job?

Reply will be appreciated.....

Thanks

Rehan1977

Mar 31, 2017
Dear shan brother

I applied on the same NOC 0111 in 2014, but there was no update since long. Now received interview call, so could you please guide me what kind of questions do they asked in interview. It's totally related to job?

Thanks
Are you from Pakistan?
When is your interview?

mhykhan

Jun 30, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
lvo
Hey all..I want suggestions from experienced one who attended interview. I have called for interview nxt month.n they asked about my salary slip n there transaction in bank statement ,but my department pays me cash n some

shan110

Feb 7, 2017
Dear shan brother

Thanks
Dear Inam...

Just saw ur msg now. Hope u can read this before the interview. There was only one or two questions related to my job, since I had 6+ years exp in the same field. The interviewer just asked how gud I was at what I did. That's all I can remember. He did ask for all the exp letters and he did c my pay slips and salary statement. For me it was just a get to know session kind of an interview.

I wud suggest u to go through all the docs u sent, and try to c if u can find any mistakes like I did. If u don't then u shouldn't worry about it. U just have to kno wat u sent them. Be confident and be honest. Believe me it's not at all like a job interview. They just want to c if u wud fit into Canadian society.

Hope this helps.

Jul 3, 2015
Hi All!

I m Aug-2014 candidate from Pakistan, NOC 0111. My interview is scheduled next week, quite nervous about it. Could any one explain what are the possible questions? How long this interview session continues? what is the possible outcome in most of the cases? Please reply me as soon as possible.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Hi All!

I m Aug-2014 candidate from Pakistan, NOC 0111. My interview is scheduled next week, quite nervous about it. Could any one explain what are the possible questions? How long this interview session continues? what is the possible outcome in most of the cases? Please reply me as soon as possible.
Don't worry about it, just study your application and documents as that is where any interview questions will come from. Study the experiences of others shared here and stay positive.

Rehan1977

Mar 31, 2017
Hello everyone,

I had my interview in August 2017 - Express Entry candidate.

I was very nervous and sad that of all the applicants, I had been chosen for interview, anyhow the time between interview schedule till the interview day was really tough and I am sharing my experience to help others and also to let candidates know that interview call is not bad news (IF your case is genuine).

So my interview was scheduled at 11.15 am, I reached the embassy at 10.25 am, I waited for an hour and was called for interview at around 11.25 am. The visa officer was a young girl - she was really polite and humble, she took my passport and we introduced ourselves, after telling me that all the answers I give must be true and all, she asked for my documents that comprised of all embassy correspondence and documents I had submitted to them. She had a look at them and kept my JD.

Her questions were:
Where do you work?
Asked me why and how I switched my field from being a teacher to engineer?
She read 2 points from my JD and asked me to give examples for that work.
Why do you want to go to Canada?

And that is it!!
She started explaining me what PR is and that I must reach Canada before my Medicals expire.... I just couldn't believe it!!
She also said that you will receive an email from us and I was like 'What Email' and she said 'Passport Request'
She further added that I might get the PPR within a day and so I did in the evening of the day I was interviewed....... IT was unbelievable!!!
Because of this interview I got the PPR in 4 months!!

I wish you all, the very best!!

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Hello everyone,

I was very nervous and sad that of all the applicants, I had been chosen for interview, anyhow the time between interview schedule till the interview day was really tough and I am sharing my experience to help others and also to let candidates know that interview call is not bad news (IF your case is genuine).

So my interview was scheduled at 11.15 am, I reached the embassy at 10.25 am, I waited for an hour and was called for interview at around 11.25 am. The visa officer was a young girl - she was really polite and humble, she took my passport and we introduced ourselves, after telling me that all the answers I give must be true and all, she asked for my documents that comprised of all embassy correspondence and documents I had submitted to them. She had a look at them and kept my JD.

Her questions were:
Where do you work?

And that is it!!
She started explaining me what PR is and that I must reach Canada before my Medicals expire.... I just couldn't believe it!!
She also said that you will receive an email from us and I was like 'What Email' and she said 'Passport Request'
She further added that I might get the PPR within a day and so I did in the evening of the day I was interviewed....... IT was unbelievable!!!

Very nice update, all the best ahead.

Reactions: massab umer

alizaidi

Dec 18, 2016
Karachi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
Hello everyone,

Her questions were:
Where do you work?

And that is it!!

Thank you so muchhhh for sharing your experience :)

Can you please answer the following:

Are you FSWO?
Which was your visa office?
In which country you are living in currently?
What is your nationality?

Rehan1977

Mar 31, 2017
Thank you so muchhhh for sharing your experience :)

Can you please answer the following:

Are you FSWO?
Which was your visa office?
In which country you are living in currently?
What is your nationality?
1. Yes
2. Visa Office is London for all Pakistani applicant abut they coordinate via Abu Dhabi Visa Office and interview was also conducted there.
3. Pakistan
4. Pakistani

managersonline

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2014
1. Yes
2. Visa Office is London for all Pakistani applicant abut they coordinate via Abu Dhabi Visa Office and interview was also conducted there.
3. Pakistan
4. Pakistani
Those who were interviewed from the Gang of FSWP2014, can you please explain that how long does it take to get PPR after interview if your medical was already passed.