+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prepare an interview

shan110

Feb 7, 2017
Hi all,

Been a silent follower of this forum since 2014 and writing my 1st post on this forum... Had applied for FSW 2014 under noc 0111 in July '14, got PER in mid Nov '14 and since then there was no movement on the case. Until Jan 2017 when I got an email to appear for an interview in AbuDhabi. The interview was scheduled 1st week of Feb and by the grace of Allah I was successful in clearing it. This forum helped me alot in my preparation and I would like to thank all who have posted their experiences or any info regarding interviews as it was very helpful.

My experience was almost the same as mr. INFO, infact it felt like the interviewer just wanted to meet me, see my confidence, ability to handle a tense situation and have a lil chit chat about my views on different things. It lasted hardly for 20 to 25 mins and at the end he told me that he was satisfied. He also mentioned that I would be getting an email for my pending PCC (FBI, as I only applied for it once I got the interview invitation). and once that is submitted ill get another email for medicals. Once these 2 are done I would be getting the last email to submit my passports for the visa.

My advice to people who have interviews lined up, is that they shouldn't worry if they do not have anything to hide, just be positive and confident and keep smiling (just be urself, do not pretend to be someone u r not).

Second and most important advice is, if you know u have made a mistake in the forms (an honest mistake), be upfront about it and tell the interviewer about it before he actually starts asking u questions. In my case I had mistakenly mentioned that my wife's Canadian visit visa wasnt rejected without even asking her coz I didnt know she had applied for it before our marriage (even though she had read the forms herself but she also missed it some how) and once we got the interview call I looked at the copy of all the forms that were sent to them and went through everything in detail with her and got to know about this mistake. Another mistake that was made by the consultant when sending the forms was they had mentioned my NOC wrongly against one portion of my experience (4 years exp) that was the basis for me in applying for 0111. What I did was, I waited till we had the introduction chat, he told me how the interview will be conducted and once he was actually going to start asking me questions I requested if I could clarify a couple of things before he starts. He gave me permission and listened to what I had to say and than thanked me twice for being upfront and accepting the mistakes and he even told me that its ok, there is no problem and he just needs to update that in his system.

Third advise is, do not be stressed out like I was, thinking over excessively of what the questions would be. U just have to know whats on ur file and the proof related to it. (mainly ur experience and proper proof of salary transfers and proof of available funds)

Final advise is to look at everything u sent them initially and look for problems in forms and the documentation u sent along with them. And once u have gone through all that, arrange those documents as mentioned on the interview invitation letter (use a nice file with separators and post it stickers showing where each documents is). It shows that u r organized and the interviewer really appreciates that.

The people on this forum have been kind enough to spare so much time trying to help others and seeing that I cudnt resist (even though i am not really fond of typing my stories... hehe) and thought there is a small probability that this might help someone. I really hope and pray that all the people waiting to clear this step are successful and have a blessed life.

I would also request everybody who reads this to remember me and my family in there prayers as this is just one small stop and there's a long journey ahead.

If I can be of any further help please do let me know.

wish everybody a successful and a blessed life.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
shan110 said:
Hi all,

Been a silent follower of this forum since 2014 and writing my 1st post on this forum... Had applied for FSW 2014 under noc 0111 in July '14, got PER in mid Nov '14 and since then there was no movement on the case. Until Jan 2017 when I got an email to appear for an interview in AbuDhabi. The interview was scheduled 1st week of Feb and by the grace of Allah I was successful in clearing it. This forum helped me alot in my preparation and I would like to thank all who have posted their experiences or any info regarding interviews as it was very helpful.

My experience was almost the same as mr. INFO, infact it felt like the interviewer just wanted to meet me, see my confidence, ability to handle a tense situation and have a lil chit chat about my views on different things. It lasted hardly for 20 to 25 mins and at the end he told me that he was satisfied. He also mentioned that I would be getting an email for my pending PCC (FBI, as I only applied for it once I got the interview invitation). and once that is submitted ill get another email for medicals. Once these 2 are done I would be getting the last email to submit my passports for the visa.

My advice to people who have interviews lined up, is that they shouldn't worry if they do not have anything to hide, just be positive and confident and keep smiling (just be urself, do not pretend to be someone u r not).

Second and most important advice is, if you know u have made a mistake in the forms (an honest mistake), be upfront about it and tell the interviewer about it before he actually starts asking u questions. In my case I had mistakenly mentioned that my wife's Canadian visit visa wasnt rejected without even asking her coz I didnt know she had applied for it before our marriage (even though she had read the forms herself but she also missed it some how) and once we got the interview call I looked at the copy of all the forms that were sent to them and went through everything in detail with her and got to know about this mistake. Another mistake that was made by the consultant when sending the forms was they had mentioned my NOC wrongly against one portion of my experience (4 years exp) that was the basis for me in applying for 0111. What I did was, I waited till we had the introduction chat, he told me how the interview will be conducted and once he was actually going to start asking me questions I requested if I could clarify a couple of things before he starts. He gave me permission and listened to what I had to say and than thanked me twice for being upfront and accepting the mistakes and he even told me that its ok, there is no problem and he just needs to update that in his system.

Third advise is, do not be stressed out like I was, thinking over excessively of what the questions would be. U just have to know whats on ur file and the proof related to it. (mainly ur experience and proper proof of salary transfers and proof of available funds)

Final advise is to look at everything u sent them initially and look for problems in forms and the documentation u sent along with them. And once u have gone through all that, arrange those documents as mentioned on the interview invitation letter (use a nice file with separators and post it stickers showing where each documents is). It shows that u r organized and the interviewer really appreciates that.

The people on this forum have been kind enough to spare so much time trying to help others and seeing that I cudnt resist (even though i am not really fond of typing my stories... hehe) and thought there is a small probability that this might help someone. I really hope and pray that all the people waiting to clear this step are successful and have a blessed life.

I would also request everybody who reads this to remember me and my family in there prayers as this is just one small stop and there's a long journey ahead.

Congrats, all the best ahead :)

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
min1 said:
which interview do we need to attend interview for PR
Your question is not clear, maybe you should rephrase it.

gizmology3

Jan 31, 2017
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
03/09/2016
I studied for 3 month around 300 questions so be prepared and study hard, but for me i had to do the interview in french and i have an intermediate level but also you have to get a lot of information about Canada to get the CSQ very surely.

Halka

Feb 14, 2017
shan110 said:
Hi all,

Hello, I also applied in 2014 and finally got the same email for interview in Abu Dhabi. My interview was on 9th Feb and in the end the interviewer said the same thing that he was going to approve my visa. But, since then I did not get any email or acknowledgement and now I am a bit worried. Tell me about you, did you get any update? Thanks

Halka

Feb 14, 2017
Hello Shan,

I also applied in 2014 and finally got the same email for interview in Abu Dhabi. My interview was on 9th Feb and in the end the interviewer said the same thing that he was going to approve my visa. But, since then I did not get any email or acknowledgement and now I am a bit worried. Tell me about you, did you get any update?

Thanks

managersonline

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2014
Dear All,

Does anyone knows that what is the meaning of "PUP Interview" ?

Documents requested to bring at the "PUP Interview" is only "2 Forms of Photo ID"?

Can anyone elaborate that what is the purpose of usually of "PUP Interview"?

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
managersonline said:
Dear All,

Does anyone knows that what is the meaning of "PUP Interview" ?

Documents requested to bring at the "PUP Interview" is only "2 Forms of Photo ID"?

Can anyone elaborate that what is the purpose of usually of "PUP Interview"?
I've responded to your PM to me as well as in the other thread. You don't need to post the same question in multiple threads, cheers and all the best.

soulseek

Mar 29, 2017
London, UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Med's Request
19/08/2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
05/09/2016
VISA ISSUED...
19/09/2016
LANDED..........
21/06/2017
INFO said:
Interview Done --- Summary below:
FSW 2014 Dec Application
Got interview Call 11th Feb
Interview was at Abu Dhabi Mall 3pm, I reached at 9th floor at 2.15pm, the security guard diverted me to 10th floor after seeing my interview letter.
Imp Note: I have switched the Job and came to UAE a year back, however didn’t notify them about the change
I have been called at 3.10pm for interview.
After greeting session, to break the ice I talked about UAE weather these days.
• He asked so you are here from Pak, and I told him that I am living in UAE since 1 year. He got surprised as there was nothing in the application.
• He explained me the disclaimer as usual that everybody know that you need to be truthful and all that ....
• He also told me that this interview is to check work Exp document
• Passport Check
• Travel history Check as while checking my passport he said you have so many travel history
• Asked question about where did you travel and when
• Purpose of travel
• Specifically asked about how many leisure trips you had
• Travel history with family
• Few family related question like
o How many kids
o Are you planning to have more
o Where are they right now
o Are they happy living in UAE
• Any political affiliations
• What is your religion
• Are you associated to any religious institution
• Are you and family ready to move to Canada ---- as my sister-in-law is there so I handled accordingly
• Do you have bank account in UAE
• I provided him 6 months banks stamped statement (UAE and Pak both)
• I proactively told him that do you want to see my latest salary slips and match with statement (UAE bank)
• He positively said yes, took my salary slips and verified the statement – he looked positive on that
• I told him this statement bundle is also to proof my funds so if you see my UAE account and Pak account the total saving I have is XXX CAD, he looked pretty satisfied
• He saw few my docs (current job) at my side across the glass and asked can you give me that doc as it looked important to me and it was my JD doc with HR head signed and company stamped (of my current job)
• He asked what is my position and what do you look after
• My answer was in 2 line only that my position is Head of ABC department and I look after the complete XYZ region ... THAT’S IT ... and he didn’t ask anything else about my JD .....
• I told him, I have reference letter as well on company letter head, he showed interest to look into that, he asked question about undersigned ... from where he is, what is his position and how is his behavior like bossy, angry etc I smiled and said he is quite humble and composed like you ...
• He asked you worked for XXX company in Pak which is international big company so why did you leave the company – I told him there is no doubt that XXX company is heaven on earth but what I have learnt while traveling to different countries is what you can learn while working with different culture and nationalities’, you can’t learnt that in any institution and through books .. he was convinced and gesture was positive
• He asked about my PCC, I gave him myself and my spouse Dubai PCC ... he was pretty satisfied
• Then he asked me where I am planning to go and why --- I told him as per my research there are two main hub one is Toronto and another is Vancouver --- I am planning to go to BC as my wife’s sister is there
• Then he asked couple of questions about relative, like what did she (sister-in-law) do, how many kids etc
• He asked for my updated forms and took my signature
• And finally he smiled and said you have very impressive profile and your documents look wonderful. I am happy to tell you that your eligibility review is cleared and you will get Medical in one month time (InshaAllah)
• And he also told me that after medical submission you will get visa in one month time so in total 2-3 months’ time (InshaAllah) so you should start planning
• We chatted about few general things and done
I am very thankful to all mighty Allah ---- Alhumdulillah! And all my family.
I cannot thank you enough to all this group/forum friends and brother who helped me preparing for this. Especially Shakeel and Hamza to assist me for all expected questions and preparation.
so he didnt create a fuss or issue with you changing jobs and not letting CIC know?

muhammad03

Feb 14, 2015
Hi everyone
I am new here. Received medical request recently. I have following queries;
1. What does IMM Type: Non EDE means?
2. Is only the principal applicant required to do the medicals as the IMM1017 they sent is only for principal applicant.
3. They also asked to pay RPRF of 980 CAD. How to pay this?
4. What are the chances of getting immigration after receiving medical request?

Looking forward for prompt reply please.

Regards
Muhammad

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
muhammad03 said:
Hi everyone
I am new here. Received medical request recently. I have following queries;
1. What does IMM Type: Non EDE means?
2. Is only the principal applicant required to do the medicals as the IMM1017 they sent is only for principal applicant.
3. They also asked to pay RPRF of 980 CAD. How to pay this?
4. What are the chances of getting immigration after receiving medical request?

Looking forward for prompt reply please.

Regards
Muhammad
I've responded to your private message but here are the answers again;
EDE: Excessive Demand Exempt

Here is more details:

EDE

EDE clients are those who are exempted from assessment of excessive demand on the Canadian health care system.

However, EDE clients are assessed for:
•Danger to public health;
•Danger to public safety.

Non-EDE

Non-EDE clients are assessed for:
•Danger to public health;
•Danger to public safety;
•Excessive demand on the Canadian health care system.

All members of the family are required to do medicals. Go to any CIC designated clinic, they have access to the medical papers for your family

You can pay RPRF with a Canadian dollar draft to the Receiver General for Canada or pay online at this link and print out the receipt, eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do

Your chances of getting PR depends on all members of your family passing the medicals as well as your background, criminality and security checks coming back okay. Cheers

Ajay62

Jul 2, 2015
Medicals need to be done for all family members if you are main applicant and only you got the medical normally it is for all the family members but you can go to the Doctor and he can check if other family members medicals has been issued or not.

muhammad03

Feb 14, 2015
Ajay62 said:
Medicals need to be done for all family members if you are main applicant and only you got the medical normally it is for all the family members but you can go to the Doctor and he can check if other family members medicals has been issued or not.
Thanks bro