+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

preparaton to work in canada

myeara

May 19, 2011
Hello.
I am planning to move to Canada. Already got permanent residence.
Is there any Agency or web site that can help me in preparing myself to get a job in Canada before landing there.
All the references I have assume you are already in Canada.
The type of preparation I am referring to is skills assesment, work environment, interview skills, etc.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
thanks.

palomo.aca

Star Member
Jul 9, 2008
atlanta ga
Category........
Visa Office......
mexico city
NOC Code......
restaurant manager
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
apil 8th 2008
Nomination.....
AOE
AOR Received.
MAY 2008
IELTS Request
OCT 2008
Med's Request
05/30/2010
Med's Done....
for the second time on 6/24/2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07/15/2010
VISA ISSUED...
07/26/2010
LANDED..........
Landed 09/27/2010 and already working
good luck is not easy to get a job in canada not from personal opinion but what i see people goes thru.
i started working the second day i arrived but a had an employment offer.

Pk09

Jul 26, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
myeara said:
Hello.
I am planning to move to Canada. Already got permanent residence.
Is there any Agency or web site that can help me in preparing myself to get a job in Canada before landing there.
All the references I have assume you are already in Canada.
The type of preparation I am referring to is skills assesment, work environment, interview skills, etc.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
thanks.
it totally depends on your luck determination and nature of job

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Myeara,

There is no govt. agency that can help you before you land. But you can choose some consultants who can help you make resume etc but my opinion is that you go through the grind yourself to prepare your self to find a job

1.) List all your skill sets in one place and decide what skill job you want.
2.) Prepare a resume according to target job. To do that go and search jobs on search engines like monster.ca, indeed.ca and see the job requirements. Make a resume that matches those requirement. You can ggogle Candian Style resume to get the format.
3.) Register on as many job sites as you can and update them regulary to make your self visibile. Have a good linked in profile
4.) Pepare for interview. There are many thread on this forum that help with interview preparation like
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/something-which-i-learnt-in-canada-t59921.0.html
5.) Improve your softskills, take English classes (IELTS 8.0 is a good score)
6.) Take a Candian phone number from mydivert.com for your resume and forward it to cell phone in your country
7.) Give it your best shot. If there are any interviews that happen analyze the gaps that you feel are there between your skill and target job and get trained to fill them

All the best with your job search