Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/07/2013
Hi all, hope yourself well, wondering if I can get some help.

my husband and I have applied for permanent residency in Canada, we live in Toronto. Today we received our medical requests.

I got pregnant in Late August and due May 2nd, I am a bit confused in what to to do, I know it's not safe to get X-ray, so should I contact CIC? What are my options?
What's going to happen when the baby is born? Should I add her on my application? Should I send some documents to the CIC? If so, which ones?

Thanks for your help

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto1360 said:
Hi all, hope yourself well, wondering if I can get some help.

my husband and I have applied for permanent residency in Canada, we live in Toronto. Today we received our medical requests.

I got pregnant in Late August and due May 2nd, I am a bit confused in what to to do, I know it's not safe to get X-ray, so should I contact CIC? What are my options?
What's going to happen when the baby is born? Should I add her on my application? Should I send some documents to the CIC? If so, which ones?

Thanks for your help
This is very common problem faced by many applicants. First you have to talk to your doctor (the doctor who is authorize to conduct the medical exam) usually there are two option and the option best for you will be based on the doctors advice.

1) Doing x-ray using protective lead shield.
2) do the rest of the medical exam and deffer your x-ray

in case of option 1 you are good togo but still your file may be delayed as you have to inform cic about your baby. and after the delivery the passport / other documents applicable for the child will also have to be submitted to complete your application. but this option of doing x-ray shud be done only if the doctor advice that it is medically risk free.

In case of option 2 the doctor will do all the tests apart from X-ray which must be done after delivery or at the last month of pregnancy (depends on the doctor). the doctor will give you a form which will be like this http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/partner/pp/pdf/IMM5733E.pdf which you will send to cic to report your deffer x-rays.

Hope it help and congrats for the new baby :)

Sirocco

Feb 20, 2013
We went through the same situation, you do not need to do the x-ray now. The doctor will send that info over to CIC, once you deliver the baby you can do the ray after that.

Toronto1360

Apr 1, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/07/2013
Thank you so much.

Should I email CIC telling them the situation or they will find out from the doctor?

Which documents should I send after the baby is born (her canadian passport?) ?

Octanu

Oct 27, 2014
I'm pregnant but I got my x-ray done with the protective shield cuz it was safe the doctor said and also cuz it was going to put our file on hold until I deliver the baby and get the xray done. I wanna know that if my pr process finishes before the delivery, do I still need to add the baby or inform CIC? I mean they probably know from my medicals that in pregnant and when I'm due.

ravisantosh

Oct 22, 2017
Hi all..... need some help here. My wife is 27 weeks pregnant and we are expecting our baby in mid may 2018. We are in india and we just got our ppr from new delhi visa office. Although we declared to the Visa office this update of circumstances since the application in june 2017, they have sent COPR to us. Our medicals expire in april 2018. So they expect us to land before that. While i am able to travel i do not want to take a chance for her to do this long journey. Can anybody suggest if they will consider asking for extension for her to land ? If yes, what is the best way to ask ? New delhi visa office really does not respond quickly.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi all..... need some help here. My wife is 27 weeks pregnant and we are expecting our baby in mid may 2018. We are in india and we just got our ppr from new delhi visa office. Although we declared to the Visa office this update of circumstances since the application in june 2017, they have sent COPR to us. Our medicals expire in april 2018. So they expect us to land before that. While i am able to travel i do not want to take a chance for her to do this long journey. Can anybody suggest if they will consider asking for extension for her to land ? If yes, what is the best way to ask ? New delhi visa office really does not respond quickly.
1. No, she will not get an extension to "land", it is a case of "use it or lose it" You can "land" and return to India, your spouse's COPR expires, and once you return to Canada, you can sponsor her and the child. It will take up to a year for her and child's application to be processed, and she will have to obtain all the required documents again.

shsh1983

Apr 21, 2018
I have received the COPR this week. I have the below query:

I am the principal applicant and 31 weeks pregnant. We had declared the pregnancy during the Medical exam. I am not sure if we needed to declare the same again when we received the PPR.

We are planning to come to Canada in a week or two and just wanted to make sure that the pregnancy won't be an issue. What are our best options?
Can someone please guide?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I have received the COPR this week. I have the below query:

I am the principal applicant and 31 weeks pregnant. We had declared the pregnancy during the Medical exam. I am not sure if we needed to declare the same again when we received the PPR.

We are planning to come to Canada in a week or two and just wanted to make sure that the pregnancy won't be an issue. What are our best options?
Can someone please guide?
Assuming you are not flying then ? Should not make any difference at all with your landing given IRCC are not really interested unless the birth is before landing but be aware depending which province you are settling in you could be responsible for the birth costs.

ganesh2583

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Hi all,

I got my ITA and got my all my documents ready for submission except for Medical. We found out that my wife is pregnant last week. Can you guys suggest how to proceed with the situation, will it be fine for us take the Medicals now and proceed with the application ? Or is it advisable to wait till the baby gets delivered, which will be 8-9 months from now and my IELTS will expire by then.

Please advice.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Hi all,

I got my ITA and got my all my documents ready for submission except for Medical. We found out that my wife is pregnant last week. Can you guys suggest how to proceed with the situation, will it be fine for us take the Medicals now and proceed with the application ? Or is it advisable to wait till the baby gets delivered, which will be 8-9 months from now and my IELTS will expire by then.

Please advice.
Hi,

Congratulations on the big news! I am a women myself and as far as I remember, when I had got my medical done, while doing the x-ray the doc specifically asked me whether I am pregnant. I am not an expert but x-ray are harmful in someway so they take precautions.

I am not very sure if you can complete your medical without an x-ray. The best you can do is to consult an immigration doc. There's a big list in the below link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

Thanks

zahadum

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
29-01-2018
AOR Received.
15-03-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2018
Med's Done....
04-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-05-2019
Hi all,

Please advice.
If you are inland, You can submit your application and take the medical exam for your wife(physical test, blood test) but tell the doctor who exam your wife that you want to defer x-ray because of pregnancy. CIC will process your file but you won't get ppr or dm before your wife delivers the baby and take the x-ray.

If you are outland, I think you should wait until the baby gets delivered, so many things to risk like x-ray, land before delivery, and cost of delivery a baby in Canada without insurance cover.

Miri153

Apr 3, 2019
Hi everyone!!
I need help!! I’m 9 weeks pregnant and we have received medical request yesterday.
I can’t make x-ray test because of my pregnancy. If I postpone them, until after I give birth, this could mean a delay in our proccess?? Could they give us our PR with delay??
Thanks in advance!!

zahadum

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
29-01-2018
AOR Received.
15-03-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2018
Med's Done....
04-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-05-2019
Hi everyone!!
I need help!! I’m 9 weeks pregnant and we have received medical request yesterday.
I can’t make x-ray test because of my pregnancy. If I postpone them, until after I give birth, this could mean a delay in our process?? Could they give us our PR with delay??
Thanks in advance!!
Yes, it could delay your process. But from what I heard they will process your application as normal and if everything is done before your due date, You won't have PPR until you submit your x-ray and information about your newborn baby. If he/she was born inland, you only need a birth certificate. If he/she was born outland then you need to add her as a dependent.

I have the same situation as my wife is in her 33 weeks. But our application is paper based so it takes more time for CIC to process our application.

Miri153

Apr 3, 2019
Yes, it could delay your process. But from what I heard they will process your application as normal and if everything is done before your due date, You won't have PPR until you submit your x-ray and information about your newborn baby. If he/she was born inland, you only need a birth certificate. If he/she was born outland then you need to add her as a dependent.

I have the same situation as my wife is in her 33 weeks. But our application is paper based so it takes more time for CIC to process our application.

Hello!! Thanks for answering so quick!!!
the thing is that we've already received the medical requesto on 2nd of April and if we arrange the date, for instance, for next week, the deadline date for the entrance in Canada would be the 2nd of April of 2020?
Or the period of one year starts when we pass the X-ray test in november? When the birth of the baby is planned.
On the other hand, do you know how long would be delated the process if we have to pass the x-ray in november and then, we have to add the baby to the application?
Thanks in advanced!