AOR Received.
15-03-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2018
Med's Done....
04-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-05-2019
Hello!! Thanks for answering so quick!!!
the thing is that we've already received the medical requesto on 2nd of April and if we arrange the date, for instance, for next week, the deadline date for the entrance in Canada would be the 2nd of April of 2020?
Or the period of one year starts when we pass the X-ray test in november? When the birth of the baby is planned.
On the other hand, do you know how long would be delated the process if we have to pass the x-ray in november and then, we have to add the baby to the application?
Thanks in advanced!
It is the date of your appointment next week, I also heard that people can ask CIC to extend their medical report for over a year, but don't count on that. Anyone experienced with that please help her?

The baby won't be born in Canada, so you need to add the baby as your new dependent. You also need to get him or her a passport and prep for proof of finance since you change the composition of your family.

I think most of the thing like eligibility, criminal and security will be done at the time of the baby born, adding him as an outland dependent don't add up too much time.

Anyway, you should get medical done for your family and ask your doctor for x-ray deferral letter just right before the deadline, then enjoy your maternity time.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The doctor will advise CIC that you are pregnant and will need an extension for your X-ray. This is pretty common.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi all, hope yourself well, wondering if I can get some help.

my husband and I have applied for permanent residency in Canada, we live in Toronto. Today we received our medical requests.

I got pregnant in Late August and due May 2nd, I am a bit confused in what to to do, I know it's not safe to get X-ray, so should I contact CIC? What are my options?
What's going to happen when the baby is born? Should I add her on my application? Should I send some documents to the CIC? If so, which ones?

Thanks for your help
X-ray is completely safe given you're already in your 3rd trimester. Of course they'll make you wear a lead vest to avoid radiating the baby. No risk of adverse effects.

Of course once the baby is born, you have to contact CIC to add your dependent to the application, at this point Birth Certificate will be needed.
That's it. Of course this will only delay your application but is your only option.

You should contact CIC only once the baby is born. Before then, just deal with the Doctor.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Yes, it could delay your process. But from what I heard they will process your application as normal and if everything is done before your due date, You won't have PPR until you submit your x-ray and information about your newborn baby. If he/she was born inland, you only need a birth certificate. If he/she was born outland then you need to add her as a dependent.

I have the same situation as my wife is in her 33 weeks. But our application is paper based so it takes more time for CIC to process our application.
It is not advisable to do xray if the pregnancy is in its first trimester. At 33 weeks, she can do it. They will of course have her wear a lead protection (sometimes double protection if its in early second trimester). Your wife will have to consent to this, shoud she choose not to proceed with the xray then the Dr will ask CIC for an extension of her medicals (xray)

Reactions: zahadum

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hello!! Thanks for answering so quick!!!
the thing is that we've already received the medical requesto on 2nd of April and if we arrange the date, for instance, for next week, the deadline date for the entrance in Canada would be the 2nd of April of 2020?
Or the period of one year starts when we pass the X-ray test in november? When the birth of the baby is planned.
On the other hand, do you know how long would be delated the process if we have to pass the x-ray in november and then, we have to add the baby to the application?
Thanks in advanced!
At 9 weeks the pregnancy is still in the first trimester, the person doing the xray will ask you if you want to proceed and if you consent you they will have you wear a lead shield. It is however not advisable to do it in the first trimester. You have an option to do the other tests and ask for extension for the Xray (the Dr will do this for you when submitting your tests to CIC).

zahadum

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
29-01-2018
AOR Received.
15-03-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2018
Med's Done....
04-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-05-2019
It is not advisable to do xray if the pregnancy is in its first trimester. At 33 weeks, she can do it. They will of course have her wear a lead protection (sometimes double protection if its in early second trimester). Your wife will have to consent to this, shoud she choose not to proceed with the xray then the Dr will ask CIC for an extension of her medicals (xray)
Thanks for your advice, but She won't take x-ray until the baby born to be on a safe side. We already submit a deferral letter from our doctor to CIC. This morning got a request letter and in that letter it says:
"CLIENT INFORMATION: Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding your Immigration Medical Examination for your spouse. Please be advised that your E-Medical Information sheets have been received and attached to your file.
Please follow up with the Panel Physician that completed your medical examinations to check on the status of your spouse's medical examination."
and there is
The wording is confusing to me. I guess when I finished with my spouse x-ray, the doctor will give us something to upload it to CIC?

vigneshrajag

May 24, 2020
Hi I'm a inland applicant, myself and my wife are currently in Canada, have submitted my application on jan 3rd and received sir the same day, my wife is 15 weeks pregnant at the time of submission. We informed the panel physician and deffered the xray. Submitted my application with deferral letter and received my aor. My processing time shows 80% complete with 35 days remaining to complete the application.
1) Will cic process all the remaining examination ? Or the application will be on hold ?
2) How long will it take after submitting the xray for my wife after giving birth ?
3) Does the processing time in our application login suggest that application is in progress?
4) Do we need to include the little one in our application as he/she will be born in Canada and a Canadian citizen?
What's the next step

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi I'm a inland applicant, myself and my wife are currently in Canada, have submitted my application on jan 3rd and received sir the same day, my wife is 15 weeks pregnant at the time of submission. We informed the panel physician and deffered the xray. Submitted my application with deferral letter and received my aor. My processing time shows 80% complete with 35 days remaining to complete the application.
1) Will cic process all the remaining examination ? Or the application will be on hold ?
2) How long will it take after submitting the xray for my wife after giving birth ?
3) Does the processing time in our application login suggest that application is in progress?
4) Do we need to include the little one in our application as he/she will be born in Canada and a Canadian citizen?
What's the next step
1. CIC will process up to the medical results, will resume when the x-ray is received.
2. No one can give you a time frame these days.
3. You received your AOR so the application is in the processing stream.
4. No, but you should send a copy of the birth certificate and amend your IMM 5406

vigneshrajag

May 24, 2020
Hi

1. CIC will process up to the medical results, will resume when the x-ray is received.
2. No one can give you a time frame these days.
3. You received your AOR so the application is in the processing stream.
4. No, but you should send a copy of the birth certificate and amend your IMM 5406
1. Cic will not process the remaining examinations ? Like criminality and others ?