+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnancy & Delivery in home country

navz143

May 7, 2012
Hello Guys!

Dear Friends,
I have been landed in Canada two years ago. I am now a permanent resident. Recently, my wife became pregnant and we have no moral support to deal the pregnancy matters for my wife. Please advice on the following options and there implications

1. She can continue pregnancy period here in Canada and deal with it.
2. She can go back to home country and come back after delivery as she is permanent resident so she can come back easily.

I am bit confused about the 2nd option as after delivery in home country, do I need to start the entire process again for new born to bring here in Canada or baby can come here easily.

I also want to know if baby gets deliver here in Canada, eligible for citizenship right away or will get citizenship with us.

I have to decide one option as earliest. I need a practical suggestion. Thank You

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If the baby is born in Canada the baby will automatically be a citizen. No - this won't mean you will be citizens as well. If you want to become citizens you will have to qualify for citizenship by meeting the residency requirement to apply.

If the baby is born outside of Canada you will have to sponsor the baby for PR. You can only do this from within Canada (in other words, either you or your wife will have to be living in Canada in order to sponsor your child). If you are from a non-visa exempt country you will have to apply for a visa for your baby in order to bring it to Canada before the baby has PR. If the TRV is refused then you can try applying for a TRP. If the TRP is also refused then you or your wife will have to travel to Canada without your baby and sponsor your baby for PR.

navz143

May 7, 2012
Thanks for pretty satisfactory respond Scylla. :) Now I have got my answer.

After how long the delivery, my new born can travel back to home country? Do we need to get home country visa on Canadian Passport or is there any other way?

Please advice.

Thanks.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
surajpreet1962 said:
If yes, Also tell me what would be the maximum period of a by birth citizen baby may leave Canada.
Please advice.
You can take your Canadian citizen baby out of Canada any time and for as long as you like as long as you have the other parents permission to leave with the baby if they are not travelling with you and that the baby already has a passport and that the airline will allow the baby to fly which you would have to ask the airline. I am not sure if they have any regulations on how old a baby has to be in order to fly.

navz143 said:
After how long the delivery, my new born can travel back to home country? Do we need to get home country visa on Canadian Passport or is there any other way?
You need a birth certificate and after that you need a Canadian passport.

If Canadians normally need a visa to enter your home country your baby will too so you need to apply for one.

The other option aside from a visa is if your baby can get citizenship in your home country based on your citizenship. If you want to go for that, you must talk to your home country embassy about how to apply for it.