+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRCard Renewal 2023

rockstarcg90

Star Member
Dec 6, 2022
Status as of today:

Applied for PR card renewal: 23 February, 2024 via online portal.
Category: urgent
No status update.
Still can't link to GCKey. It still says my application of PR card is already linked, which is application of PRTD. PRTD still shows valid even though already used. No new application coming up.
No email and no card in mail.
Applied on same date as yours (Non-urgent). No update so far and inspection says "Submitted"

fwd.TaiShan

Mar 31, 2023
Status as of today:

No status update.
Still can't link to GCKey. It still says my application of PR card is already linked, which is application of PRTD. PRTD still shows valid even though already used. No new application coming up.
Have you used the "Inspect" function to check the status?

subscribeans

Mar 13, 2024
Application submitted: 26 Feb 2024
Not urgent
CIC status check page cant find my application when searched using UCI
No AOR in email or any email for that matter
Online status on portal page: submitted
status on inspect: completed,
rejection reason: Primary identification is not provided"

Spoke to IRCC and card has been dispatched 12 Mar 2024 and I am told to call back if I dont receive it within 6 weeks in the mailbox.

Hopefully it helps someone in similar situation.

Reactions: ParulB

ParulB

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
App. Filed.......
08-06-2017
AOR Received.
08-06-2017
Status as of today:

No status update.
Update: Managed to call IRCC today. The first hour call wouldn't connect, but got through around noon. Wait time 20 minutes or so. The agent told me my application was received on 23 Feb and marked urgent on 26 Feb, beyond that there has been no update from the team, "they are looking at it and are aware it's urgent". She did give me my application # which I couldn't link to GCKey (as expected) so I sent a web form with screenshots and application no etc under "technical difficulties" category to see if they would be willing to link it for me on their end, last time they had just responded to my web form saying they can't help because no application # and screenshots, and that if I continue to face problems, I should resend form with screenshots, so I did.

All in all, I am a bit bummed and nervous that they haven't even touched an application marked urgent in 2.5 weeks, let alone provide status. But we will see what happens. Fingers crossed. The agent didn't say anything looked wrong with the application so hopefully it should be okay, just a matter of wait.

Applied on same date as yours (Non-urgent). No update so far and inspection says "Submitted"
My inspect says completed since 26th, you can try calling IRCC to find out what's going on and get your application #.

Have you used the "Inspect" function to check the status?
We have seen even within this thread the inspect method is very anecdotal so it could mean anything really. Mine is complete since 26 feb with photo error, but people still got PR card with that error showing in inspect. Similarly people are still getting PR card even if there is primary ID error in inspect. My very vague guess is that "completed" means AI inspected it and categorized it as 1) complete and no error -> send to print, or 2) complete and there is an error (photo, id etc) -> send to officer for manual review, approval and print, and the second option takes time according to whosoever desk it lands on.

subscribeans

Mar 13, 2024
whats the status ID in inspect.

Mine is like this:

"status": {
"id": 20,
"statusEn": "Completed",
"statusFr": "Complété"
},
"rejectionReasons": [
{
"id": 18,
"rejectionReasonEn": "Primary identification is not provided",

Update: Managed to call IRCC today. The first hour call wouldn't connect, but got through around noon. Wait time 20 minutes or so. The agent told me my application was received on 23 Feb and marked urgent on 26 Feb, beyond that there has been no update from the team, "they are looking at it and are aware it's urgent". She did give me my application # which I couldn't link to GCKey (as expected) so I sent a web form with screenshots and application no etc under "technical difficulties" category to see if they would be willing to link it for me on their end, last time they had just responded to my web form saying they can't help because no application # and screenshots, and that if I continue to face problems, I should resend form with screenshots, so I did.

All in all, I am a bit bummed and nervous that they haven't even touched an application marked urgent in 2.5 weeks, let alone provide status. But we will see what happens. Fingers crossed. The agent didn't say anything looked wrong with the application so hopefully it should be okay, just a matter of wait.

My inspect says completed since 26th, you can try calling IRCC to find out what's going on and get your application #.

We have seen even within this thread the inspect method is very anecdotal so it could mean anything really. Mine is complete since 26 feb with photo error, but people still got PR card with that error showing in inspect. Similarly people are still getting PR card even if there is primary ID error in inspect. My very vague guess is that "completed" means AI inspected it and categorized it as 1) complete and no error -> send to print, or 2) complete and there is an error (photo, id etc) -> send to officer for manual review, approval and print, and the second option takes time according to whosoever desk it lands on.

warmth

Nov 30, 2018
yes in my IRCC profile.

Here is my timeline. FYI it was a paper application

Mailed in Application: Jan 24
Recieved by IRCC: Jan 31
AOR: Feb 23
And today, March 6 it shows decision made but im not able to see anything else. Just got off the phone with IRCC now and they told me my application is in the final stages but they said a decision has still not been made and no additional document was requested
Have you got your card?

fwd.TaiShan

Mar 31, 2023
UPDATE: Today (Mar 11th) I saw the GC Key shows the PREVIOUS pr card is now marked as "Your document is invalid". I guess the new pr card has been printed hence the old one cancelled by IRCC. Still not able to link new pr card application to the GC Key though.

Will update again once receive the new card in the mail.
UPDATE #2: Today (Mar 14th) I was finally able to see the status using the Client application status tool (in the previous days this tool always shows error for my pr card application thus won't give me any details). It shows the following timeline:
Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on February 20, 2024.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 6, 2024.
  3. We started processing your application on March 6, 2024.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on March 9, 2024.

From the timeline above, seems like the application was not touched for half a month since I submitted it. But it was fast once they actually started processing it.
Now I am still waiting for the card to arrive in the mail, which should be soon. Will update again once receive the card.

Reactions: tuhadapeo

ParulB

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
App. Filed.......
08-06-2017
AOR Received.
08-06-2017
whats the status ID in inspect.

Mine is like this:

},
{
"id": 18,
"rejectionReasonEn": "Primary identification is not provided",
},
{
"id": 23,
"rejectionReasonEn": "Incomplete application",
"rejectionReasonFr": "Demande incomplète",
"documentTypeId": null,
"createdAt": "2024-02-26 13:23:53.029065",
"updatedAt": "2024-02-26 13:23:53.029065",
"phaseId": 3,
"rejectionDetails": "Your photos do not meet the specifications (poor image quality, smiling/teeth showing, shadows, light glare, head not straight to camera) – please review Guide IMM5445."
}
],

Maruchan

Star Member
Oct 9, 2016
My timeline for PR Card renewal-
Daily Commuter to US.
Lots of cross border trips, same day trips and intermittent stays outside country.
Applied by PR Portal- 5th Jan 2024 in Urgency.
Never received AOR.
Ecas was never able to find application.
Able to link to GC next week after application.
GCkey update - 12 Mar- Approved - 14 Mar- Card is shipped.
Never received any email about updates, just kept checking everyday.
Inspect status was always completed from day I started checking 2nd week of Jan.
No rejection reason in inspect.
Total days- 70

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
Daily Commuter to US.
Lots of cross border trips, same day trips and intermittent stays outside country.
Never received AOR.
Inspect status was always completed from day I started checking 2nd week of Jan.
Total days- 70
Thank you for sharing and congratulations. So far, I seem to have a similar timeline as yours. Applied online (non-urgent) on March 08. Inspect status changed to "Complete" on March 13 and was able to link to GCKey after the status changed. GCKey shows date of application submission as March 07 (Inspect shows correct date as March 08). No email updates and not able to find application on ECAS. Hopefully GCKey status will change to approved soon as well.

Had two trips outside Canada but the first one was much longer than the second one. Number of days outside Canada at 5 year completion is 1085.

canada2234

Feb 15, 2024
Finally, some good news. I got my new P.R. card today. Here was my timeline FYI it was a paper application

Application mailed to IRCC: Jan 25
Application received by IRCC: Jan 30
AOR: Feb 23
Decision made: March 6
Received card in mail: March 15

Reactions: Histrionics

rockstarcg90

Star Member
Dec 6, 2022
UPDATE:
Received PR card in mail today. The status in online portal still says "Submitted" even in inspect. No change so ever since submission, never received AOR, never been able to link.

Timeline:
Submitted: Online on Feb 23, 2024
Received Card: March 18, 2024.

Maruchan

Star Member
Oct 9, 2016
Daily Commuter to US.
Never received AOR.
Total days- 70
Received PR Card in Mail- 20 Mar