Montreal -> Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-01-2019
Submitted in November but was rejected for photo and ID. Finally got it submitted Dec 13 and it stayed submitted with no update. I called last week rep said it’s processing and no updates. Then sure enough I got it today.
How did you fix the photo issue? I'm getting the following message after uploading my photos.

Warning: Your photo does not meet the following requirements:

· Brightness: Your photo may be too bright or too dark.
· Pixel Range Requirements: Your photo does not have a pixel range between 715x1000 and 2000×2800
pixels.

It is encouraged that you edit the photo using the photo editing tool or upload a new photo that meets all
requirements. If you cannot edit the photo, an IRCC agent can do so on your behalf when reviewing your case file.
The IRCC agent will then deem your photo acceptable / unacceptable for your PR card.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
How does anyone talk to a customer service rep at IRCC? The auto attendant only provides options to use the automated system to obtain application status - for which application number is needed. I don't know my application number because the portal has not been updated.
Try this -

You can call IRCC at 1 (888) 242-2100 .When you call IRCC, It will ask you for the UCI , press 2 i.e. no UCI available and then as soon as the message for Afghanistan and Ukraine refugees start playing press 3 3 0 in quick succession you will be able to reach

ashwin35

Star Member
Jun 14, 2018
Try this -

You can call IRCC at 1 (888) 242-2100 .When you call IRCC, It will ask you for the UCI , press 2 i.e. no UCI available and then as soon as the message for Afghanistan and Ukraine refugees start playing press 3 3 0 in quick succession you will be able to reach
Thank you @CNP I was able to figure it out. Just had to keep holding without any presses and got transferred to a rep. Unfortunately, it was futile since all IRCC systems are apparently down today and the reps can't access any system.

Reactions: sguru01

skyzee

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
Vancouver, B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
11-10-2016
Interview........
BGC-In Progress: 22-02-2017, DM: 06-04-2017
Passport Req..
11-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-24-2017
I really don't think the Inspect browser status means anything. Mine was in "completed" state for over a month with no updates. Anyways, here's my timeline update for a moderate/high complexity case (my spouse and I both live outside of Canada):

Applied Online: Dec.19, 2023
Submission Received / Linked with GcKey: Dec. 21, 2023
Application Approved: Feb 21, 2023
PR Card Mailed: Feb 21, 2023

According to others having gone through similar circumstances on this forum, I had expected to have to fly back to pick up the card in person, but evidently, they decided to just mail it to the Canadian address we provided which is awesome.

Pavan7111

Aug 11, 2021
How did you fix the photo issue? I'm getting the following message after uploading my photos.

Warning: Your photo does not meet the following requirements:

· Brightness: Your photo may be too bright or too dark.
· Pixel Range Requirements: Your photo does not have a pixel range between 715x1000 and 2000×2800
pixels.

It is encouraged that you edit the photo using the photo editing tool or upload a new photo that meets all
requirements. If you cannot edit the photo, an IRCC agent can do so on your behalf when reviewing your case file.
The IRCC agent will then deem your photo acceptable / unacceptable for your PR card.
If it is a brightness issue, many online websites can brighten your image, just google it. If it is the pixel range issue then crop the image. You can do that with your phone or Paint in Windows.

choo2024

Feb 6, 2024
I really don't think the Inspect browser status means anything. Mine was in "completed" state for over a month with no updates. Anyways, here's my timeline update for a moderate/high complexity case (my spouse and I both live outside of Canada):

Applied Online: Dec.19, 2023
Submission Received / Linked with GcKey: Dec. 21, 2023
Application Approved: Feb 21, 2023
PR Card Mailed: Feb 21, 2023

According to others having gone through similar circumstances on this forum, I had expected to have to fly back to pick up the card in person, but evidently, they decided to just mail it to the Canadian address we provided which is awesome.
Same here its in completed state for over a month and when I call they still say they are reviewing. Unfortunately not able to link to GCkey. Not sure how much more time it'll take.
Application submitted: Dec 12 2023

ashwin35

Star Member
Jun 14, 2018
Submitted my PR card renewal application online on Feb 15th 2024.

Today (02/22), in inspect, it says

Rejection Reason: Incomplete application
Rejection Details: "Your photos do not meet the specification (poor image quality, smiling/teeth showing, shadows, light glare) - please review Guide IMM5445

First - I haven't received any email and the status in the online portal still says "Submitted". Do I just re-submit a new application or do I have to wait for some communication to come through (will it?)?

Also, any ideas on photo? It's a digital photo from a photographer who does nothing but PR, Passport and citizenship photos. It can't get better than this. Maybe I should try submitting a sub-par scanned version instead? (that's what they accepted and approved for my initial PR application lol)
An update fwiw:

Spoke to a customer service rep today and she was able to lookup the application and said everything looked good and that she didn't see any rejection (yet). She said my application was in 'production' - meaning the card was in the process of being printed. She was actually kinda surprised that my application was already being processed and in production given I had just applied last week. She asked if I had requested urgent processing (I did not) since they were still processing PR card renewal applications from January.

Inspect still shows the above rejection reason. So we'll see if she's right.

I also obtained my application number and tried linking it to my IRCC account. It linked my initial PR card application (but date associated with it indicates my current PR card renewal application) but was unable to find my current PR card renewal application. Weird.

sguru01

May 11, 2021
An update fwiw:

Spoke to a customer service rep today and she was able to lookup the application and said everything looked good and that she didn't see any rejection (yet). She said my application was in 'production' - meaning the card was in the process of being printed. She was actually kinda surprised that my application was already being processed and in production given I had just applied last week. She asked if I had requested urgent processing (I did not) since they were still processing PR card renewal applications from January.

Inspect still shows the above rejection reason. So we'll see if she's right.

I also obtained my application number and tried linking it to my IRCC account. It linked my initial PR card application (but date associated with it indicates my current PR card renewal application) but was unable to find my current PR card renewal application. Weird.
What time you called? I cant get hold of the rep. I was able to link my application to IRCC though and it shows processing. I applied on Jan 25th.

sguru01

May 11, 2021
I called at 11a ET and was on hold for 21 minutes.
Thanks. Did you use your earlier mentioned technique like not pressing anything once on the call? Because I tried to press 3, 3 and 0 after refugee messages and it kept saying all our agents are busy and then the call got disconnected.

ashwin35

Star Member
Jun 14, 2018
Thanks. Did you use your earlier mentioned technique like not pressing anything once on the call? Because I tried to press 3, 3 and 0 after refugee messages and it kept saying all our agents are busy and then the call got disconnected.
I did enter my UCI. After entering my UCI, when playing the refugee messages, I pressed 3, 3, 0 in quick succession and was put on queue.

eastgwzh

Mar 7, 2021
From IRCC: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5445-applying-permanent-resident-card-card-first-application-replacement-renewal-change-gender-identifier.html
If you apply for a new PR card, your current one will stop being valid 60 days after the date we issue your new card. If you leave Canada with your existing card, you won’t be able to return to Canada with it if the new one has been issued and you don’t have it. If this happens, you’ll need to apply for a PRTD to return to Canada.

So even if my current card is within 60 days, as long as new card is issued,I have to have new card with me in order to travel?
Anyone with experience travelling while new card gets issued?

rockstarcg90

Star Member
Dec 6, 2022
I actually did that inspect method after a while and by the time I checked it was already completed. But the status as per the ircc call is still reviewing, so not sure if what we see is the inspect method is application is complete and they do not need any further information or if the review is complete and we can expect the card anytime soon after that.
How do you check the inspect? from the status pill > right click and inspect?