+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRC Residency obligation

aaadi1998

Jul 13, 2017
Hello there
i landed in canada in 20th of june 2017 and i got my PR Card , i landed in canada when i was at the age of 18 and 9 months and by that time i was already in 2nd year medical students , when i came here to canada all unis did not accept any credit so i have nothing to do ,they told me you don't have the Pre-requisistes (not sure if i wrote it clearly) so i have to repeat the high school , and then do 4 years of bachelors of science and out of the 1200 students in bachelors of science they would only pick the best 30 so this is really a great risk for me , so i will be visiting canada during the holidays and summer time each year and i will be here in canada before the prc expiry date by a month but again i will be visiting canada each holiday and summer vacation as i have all my family there and we got a house there and my dad is paying all the taxes on income from his job in KSA , as you can all see i wont be able to meet RO but i will be in canada a month before card expiry
can anyone offer an advice i will be grateful

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The short answer is that it's impossible for anyone to say for certain if you'll be able to retain your PR status or not. You may be able to - or you may not. Once you're ready to return to Canada permanently, you'll enter and will have to hope you aren't reported at the border for failing to meet RO. If you're reported, chances are probably pretty high you'll lose your PR status. If you're not reported, then you'll simply remain in Canada without leaving until you meet RO and will then be able to renew your PR card.