+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR support LMIA

Kajal rana

Nov 1, 2022
Hi guys
Let me know if anyone can help me here

i have applied for (50points) pr support lmia and its been more than 4 months but no decision so far.

is there anyway we can follow up as my work permit is expecting june 2024

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
They submitted on july 14th and its February going on right now (almost 7months)

i dont know what to do now
Ask your employer to follow up. I assume they meet conditions/requirements for LMIA. If so what is your current CRS score? Will adding 50 points give you ITA (over 500)?

track002

Star Member
Oct 16, 2023
They submitted on july 14th and its February going on right now (almost 7months)

i dont know what to do now
Your employer should call the Employer Center : 1-800-367-5693 (I think that's the contact). My employer applied in October and I had them contact last week to follow-up as I'm already on a visitor's visa. Apparently ESDC is processing September applications right now. You must have your employer contact, that way you'll know if your application has any issues. What's your NOC?

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Your employer should call the Employer Center : 1-800-367-5693 (I think that's the contact). My employer applied in October and I had them contact last week to follow-up as I'm already on a visitor's visa. Apparently ESDC is processing September applications right now. You must have your employer contact, that way you'll know if your application has any issues. What's your NOC?
So employer applied for LMIA to support your PR. Why did you decide on this and not paying fee for a LMIA since you are a visitor? What is your CRS?

harmol

Jul 25, 2017
Hi . I applied for LMIA in Sept, but have not received it yet . I am on PGWP currently and it’s expiring soon .
can anyone please give an honest idea about when do I receive it ? Anyone who has applied before August received it?
please reply

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi . I applied for LMIA in Sept, but have not received it yet . I am on PGWP currently and it’s expiring soon .
can anyone please give an honest idea about when do I receive it ? Anyone who has applied before August received it?
please reply
So your employer paid $1k and applied or is it to support your PR? Has employer followed up with EDSC? If not, ask them to do so. When does your PGWP expire?

track002

Star Member
Oct 16, 2023
So employer applied for LMIA to support your PR. Why did you decide on this and not paying fee for a LMIA since you are a visitor? What is your CRS?
I was on a PGWP, and actively working with the employer at the time of LMIA application submission and in the middle of everything PGWP expired. So, I'mwaiting on LMIA to come thru so I can apply for PR, get PR and resume my work with the same employer.

track002

Star Member
Oct 16, 2023
please reply
Maybe wait for another two two weeks, you might hear something. Get your employer to follow-up for sure though.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I was on a PGWP, and actively working with the employer at the time of LMIA application submission and in the middle of everything PGWP expired. So, I'mwaiting on LMIA to come thru so I can apply for PR, get PR and resume my work with the same employer.
Ok. So you cannot work until you have PR. Will you get ITA with the 50 points?