+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR RENEWAL IN JULY 2015

A_ali

Jun 5, 2012
Hi,

Need some information My PR is expiring in July 2015.

I firstly landed in May 2010 then left after 40 days,and then re- entered again in 2012 Feb.

I am working in middle east in 2011while working there my mother dies so, I have to move with my wife to Pakistan to take care of my father as I am working in middle east on rotation basis i.e. 39 days work and 30 days off,in the mean time my father had a open heart surgery and when all gets settled my father gets recovered then me and my wife came to Canada in Feb. 2012.

Here I also do the same job so up till now I mean till Jan 2015 I have finished 600 days stay in Canada .
My wife never travel since Feb. 2012 and I have my 2 kids born here I know as per nature of my job I cant finish these days so I would like to apply for PR card renewal can I do it now ?please advise I need to know because I recently booked a house in Canada and the possession I will have in October so by that time if I wont be here then a possession will be a problem that's why asking appreciate your help and answer in this regard.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You need to wait until you have 730 days residency in Canada in the last 5 years before you will be able to apply to renew your PR card. Don't apply with just 600 days - if you do, you can expect a refusal.

Your wife can go ahead and renew her PR card since she meets the residency requirement.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Your post is confusing. Are you currently even inside Canada now?

If you last entered Canada Feb 2012 and have stayed since then, you should easily meet RO by now and could apply for PR card renewal.

If you have simply been leaving and coming back to Canada since then, and are currently in Canada now but just have 600 days residency, then as was mentioned above you need to wait until you have 730 days in past 5 years before you can renew your PR card.

If you have been outside Canada for more than 3 years now and are still outside, then you may have a big problem in that when you try to return to Canada CBSA could report you for not meeting RO, and CIC could revoke your PR status.

A_ali

Jun 5, 2012
Hi Rob I am still in Canada as I mentioned the job is still same but I didnt travelled since October 2014 till now.

now my company is keep calling me to come and join as they are paying very good money there,I also booked a house which I will get the posession in Oct 15 dont really know what to do very confused what I am trying to ask is will the H&C request in my case as mentioned below will not work for me as my mother died and father was sick.

Also my card is expiring in july 15 what does it mean does this mean 1 july 2015 OR 15 july 2015.

Please senior members also advise me if you think some lawyer can also help.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A_ali said:
Also my card is expiring in july 15 what does it mean does this mean 1 july 2015 OR 15 july 2015.
Does it say 15 July / July 15? If so, it's 15 July 2015.

In the end, you would need to decide what is important to you:
1) Return to middle east for work and earning good money;
2) Look after your sick father in Pakistan and then apply for H&C / PRTD if your PR card expired;
3) Continue staying in Canada until you get your renewed PR card;
4) Take possession of your house in Canada in October - I think this is the least important. You can entrust someone to do it for you.

angelmyo

Feb 4, 2015
PR card renew in June 2017

Hi There,
my wife's PR Card will be expired in June 2017. She is living here and back home back and forth. Sometime, we were on vacation as a family. So how long does she has to stay in Canada in order to renew her PR Card? Another question is when we were on vacation together out of country as family does they count those days for renew her PR Card? Please .... let me know . Thank you.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
A_ali said:
now my company is keep calling me to come and join as they are paying very good money there,I also booked a house which I will get the posession in Oct 15 dont really know what to do very confused what I am trying to ask is will the H&C request in my case as mentioned below will not work for me as my mother died and father was sick.
What happened to your mom and dad happened back in 2011/2012. How does that explain rest of 2012, 2013, 2014 and now 2015... and why you didn't stay in Canada during that time? It sounds like the only reason you may eventually not meet RO is because of your personal decision to work for a foreign company overseas. I don't see how your personal choice here would qualify under H&C. However H&C decision is up to CIC if they will grant it or not, nobody here can tell you if you would be successful here.

angelmyo said:
my wife's PR Card will be expired in June 2017. She is living here and back home back and forth. Sometime, we were on vacation as a family. So how long does she has to stay in Canada in order to renew her PR Card? Another question is when we were on vacation together out of country as family does they count those days for renew her PR Card? Please .... let me know . Thank you.
At the time she renews her PR card, she must have at least 730 days residency in Canada.

If you are a Canadian citizen only, then time spent traveling for any reason will count towards her residency obligation as long as you were traveling together.

A_ali

Jun 5, 2012
Hi Rob you are absolutely rite that what ever happened to my mom and dad was in 2011 and its totally my choice to work in overseas.
What I am trying to ask here is my PR card is valid till July 15 can I apply in July yo renew my PR card.?

Also I booked a house here and already made down payment i will get posession in October if I am not here can my wife take the posession on my behalf is it easy i know I mixes 2 things but really want to clear my self.

Can they revoke my PR even if my family lives here and I have even a house.

pls let me know

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
A_ali said:
Hi Rob you are absolutely rite that what ever happened to my mom and dad was in 2011 and its totally my choice to work in overseas.
What I am trying to ask here is my PR card is valid till July 15 can I apply in July yo renew my PR card.?
As Scylla mentioned above, you can only apply to renew your PR card once you have the required 730 days residency in Canada over past 5 years.
It's ok if your PR card expires in the meantime as long as you remain in Canada. You can apply to renew your card after your previous card expires if you are waiting to hit the 730 days.

Also I booked a house here and already made down payment i will get posession in October if I am not here can my wife take the posession on my behalf is it easy i know I mixes 2 things but really want to clear my self.
You should have a real estate lawyer that will be doing the legal work for your home purchase. Best you ask them this question.

Can they revoke my PR even if my family lives here and I have even a house.
Yes of course they can, if you are investigated and found in breach of RO. You can present H&C reasons to keep your PR, but it's completely up to CIC whether to accept them or not. Simply having a family/home in Canada, does not exclude you from the residency obligation.

I think others here have more experience in what your chances are for a successful H&C case, if you are discovered by CIC.

A_ali

Jun 5, 2012
Thanks a lot Rob to give attention to my questions.

i landed in 20 may 2010 and pr is expiring in july 2015
Can i apply in july for renewal.by july i will.be present fot 730 days.

please advise.

days count in canada normally i fly for work at night time that day will.be countable or not.

please advise