+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Renewal application gone to Ministers Delegate

CANPRIMMI

Nov 25, 2014
Hi,

I had applied for PR renewal in June 2014, I had not met the 730 days requirement. Nov 2014, I received notice for additional information and that too within 30 days, the same was submitted and also mentioned to consider Humanitarian situation considering that both my wife and daughter are Canadian citizens. All three of us are in Canada.

Again today, I received a mail stating that my application has been forwarded to a Ministers Delegate.

What is my best recourse to this situation?
Would the ministers delegate take an action without me being able to convey my situation to them?

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There's really not much you can do but wait for a decision to be made.

If your only H&C argument is that your wife and daughter are Canadian citizens, then refusal is a real possibility and your wife may have to sponsor you again for PR.

CANPRIMMI

Nov 25, 2014
scylla said:
There's really not much you can do but wait for a decision to be made.

If your only H&C argument is that your wife and daughter are Canadian citizens, then refusal is a real possibility and your wife may have to sponsor you again for PR.
Thanks Scylla,

Do you happen to know whether my wife can start the sponsorship application now so as to save time or is it necessary to wait for the delegates decision .

Also will I be able to stay back in Canada while the sponsorship application goes through.. or do I need leave Canada..

Is there any possibility that the delegate might communicate with me before a decision is made?

Thanks..

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
CANPRIMMI said:
Do you happen to know whether my wife can start the sponsorship application now so as to save time or is it necessary to wait for the delegates decision .

Also will I be able to stay back in Canada while the sponsorship application goes through.. or do I need leave Canada..
She cannot submit a sponsorship application while you are still a PR. You must wait for the decision.

If your PR status is revoked, you will be told to leave Canada.

Asa22

Oct 27, 2014
Hi CANPRIMMI
Im curious to know when in june did you send the application? I appreciate it if you shared your timeline :)