+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

pr questions

pinkaqua

Nov 25, 2014
Dear Sir
good morning ;
I am a Canadian PR as of June 2010 (date of Landing) my actual PR card expiration date
is August 2015. My total days spent in Canada are about 150 days . , every time I start to settle in Canada ,I have care issues related to my parents ( who live in my home country and I got a 3 month job position in a gulf country.
I was asked to resume the job in this gulf country this February, and I have a 2 year contract that will end in 2016.
Of course its very tempting since I need the money to settle in Canada.
My questions are
1 .Should I end my contract here and return to Canada before my PR card expires., eg may/June 2015?

2. If I complete my contract , and for eg keep going back and forth to add up days , is there a way to renew my PR card ?
3. If I do , and go to Canada permanatly as of for eg June of 2015 , will I be denied entrance since the officer at the airport can tell that my 5 yrs are almost up and I haven't completed my residency requirements?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

pinkaqua said:
Dear Sir
good morning ;
I am a Canadian PR as of June 2010 (date of Landing) my actual PR card expiration date
is August 2015. My total days spent in Canada are about 150 days . , every time I start to settle in Canada ,I have care issues related to my parents ( who live in my home country and I got a 3 month job position in a gulf country.
I was asked to resume the job in this gulf country this February, and I have a 2 year contract that will end in 2016.
Of course its very tempting since I need the money to settle in Canada.
My questions are
1 .Should I end my contract here and return to Canada before my PR card expires., eg may/June 2015?

2. If I complete my contract , and for eg keep going back and forth to add up days , is there a way to renew my PR card ?
3. If I do , and go to Canada permanatly as of for eg June of 2015 , will I be denied entrance since the officer at the airport can tell that my 5 yrs are almost up and I haven't completed my residency requirements?
1. Well you haven't met or won't be able to meet your residency requirements by June/15 of 730 days, so there is a good chance that on an entry to Canada, you could be reported and receive a removal order/
2. Your choice, as above there is a good chance you will be reported, if you return now.
3. If you take the contract, it is unlikely that you will be able to renew your PR card.
4. See #1.

pinkaqua

Nov 25, 2014
Dear PMM ;

sir/ how sure are you about the removal order. because , someone had before told me that as long as my PR card is valid I cant be denied entrance. They can report me But I can stay till I conclude the 730 days then apply for renewal of my card.
will it be useful if I speak or ask a lawyer for representation?

Thank You

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
pinkaqua said:
Dear PMM ;

sir/ how sure are you about the removal order. because , someone had before told me that as long as my PR card is valid I cant be denied entrance. They can report me But I can stay till I conclude the 730 days then apply for renewal of my card.
will it be useful if I speak or ask a lawyer for representation?

Thank You
You've misunderstood what PMM said. They can't deny you entry. They can, however, report you for failing to meet the residency requirement in which case a removal order could be issued if you're unable to present strong H&C reasons for failing to meet RO. If you are not reported, you can then remain for 730 days until you meet the residency obligation. FYI -having a job outside of Canada will not be accepted as a reason for failing to meet RO.