+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Process - Notifications - Status

a_NYC

Aug 13, 2014
I recently joined this forum and this is my first questions. I had to create a new post as finding similar question in the forum is a too tedious.

I filed my PR application in May 2014 under FSW (Federal Skilled Workers) program from New York, USA. I sent the application to Sydney in Canada. I looking for some information that I have mentioned below. If anybody can shed some light on it, it will be really helpful!

1) Fees charged on my Credit Card by CITIZENSHIP & IMM FSW SYDNEY NS - FOREIGN CURRENCY 1,100.00 CANADIAN DOLLAR On mid July, 2014.
which tells me that my package is COMPLETE, OPENED AND IS IN PROCESS. Just wanted to highlight these words and they carry specific meaning in CIC language.

2)Correct processing time
As mentioned in the CIC websites, (I am not allowed to post links.. don't know why :( ) that approximate processing time is 34 months. Am I looking at the correct data? I sent my application to Sydney NS from New York USA. So which city I should look for correct processing time?

3)Status of my application
I am visited CIC online status check service over here.
(I am not allowed to post links.. don't know why :( )

but since I have not received ANY communication from CIC I do not have any document that will help me fill the necessary online information. I am presented with following options to fill which I don't have any information about.
a) Client ID Number/ Unique Client Identifier (Don't have one as per this link:(I am not allowed to post links.. don't know why :( ) )
b) Receipt Number (IMM 5401) :- I don't see any form that I submitted with Form number as IMM 5401. :(
c) Immigration File Number / Account Number: - Where to find this on the forms that I submitted? I have electronic copy of the forms that I sent.
d) Record of landing Number: Of course I won't have this as I have not landed in Canada at all.
e) Permanent Resident Card Number: Don't have
f) Citizenship Receipt Number: Don't Have
g) Citizenship File Number: Don't Have
h) Confirmation of Permanent Resident Number: Don't Have

4) Anybody received any communication from CIC

I am still waiting for any communication from CIC to tell me that my application has been put into processing. Any idea that I will ever receive this communication?
I understand that 'No News is Good News' but still want to make sure what's happening with my application and how much time it will take to process the application.

Any help is greatly appreciated.. :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Post your questions to the Federal Skilled Worker section of this forum.