+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR obligations, Report at Airport

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anitaa said:
I told the First officer who scanned my passport and he did not say anything.You have not Read my First post in details. This time customs officer or immigration officer was the SAME person who told me in my last visit that he want to write a report.
My bad.

Another option you have is to relinquish your PR status at a visa office abroad. I believe there is an application for that.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So this time, the officer was satisfied that you aren't trying to sneak in to keep your PR so he didn't think it was that important to report you right now or let you renounce. Maybe next time, he will have time for it. In the meantime, you can contact the embassy in the US about renouncing your PR but I believe they will ask you to fill out an application for a travel document anyway to verify that you don't meet the PR status.

Anitaa

Aug 26, 2014
Leon
I will do the same in my next visit to Canada and request officer that I want to Voluntary relinquish my Canada PR status.
What I don't understand is that in my last visit when the officer said that he will write a report and did wrote some note in his Computer why that "Note" did not pop up when he swiped my passport? Or he did not write any note and pretended to be writing.
I may not apply to Canada Embassy. I prefer to give the work of Revoking PR to immigration officer at Canada Airport.

Thanks.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anitaa said:
Leon
I will do the same in my next visit to Canada and request officer that I want to Voluntary relinquish my Canada PR status.
What I don't understand is that in my last visit when the officer said that he will write a report and did wrote some note in his Computer why that "Note" did not pop up when he swiped my passport? Or he did not write any note and pretended to be writing.
I may not apply to Canada Embassy. I prefer to give the work of Revoking PR to immigration officer at Canada Airport.

Thanks.
CIC issued an Operational Bulletin effectively promoting/ pushing PR relinquishment to be via the PRTD process because it involves a formal RO review and is judicially more sound by removing the can change your mind VR route with extra step of CBSA issuing a departure order. The CBSA agent at the airport may decide not to deal with your VR request for operational reasons as was the case this time. Mail of a PRTD with expired PR Card and letter stating you waive all appeal rights. Its only 50 bucks Canadian and the visa office can deal with it since this is what they do daily. Then you can travel knowing CIC are dealing with it. If you keep asking for VR at a small/ low resource airport you may keep getting the 'next' in line treatment.

NITINBHALLA

May 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2014
Hi All,
I have applied for PR and am hopeful o getting the same in 6 months time. I have a family of 3 - (Myself + Spouse + 1 kid). After receiving PR, I plan to come to Canada alone first for 6 months - 1 year and settle with a job. My spouse and kid can join me later once I find a sustainable job in Canada. I wanted to check if my family doesnt come with me, does it impact their PR visa? I hope it doesnt get revoked?

Looking for information and advise here..

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
NITINBHALLA said:
Hi All,
I have applied for PR and am hopeful o getting the same in 6 months time. I have a family of 3 - (Myself + Spouse + 1 kid). After receiving PR, I plan to come to Canada alone first for 6 months - 1 year and settle with a job. My spouse and kid can join me later once I find a sustainable job in Canada. I wanted to check if my family doesnt come with me, does it impact their PR visa? I hope it doesnt get revoked?

Looking for information and advise here..

Thanks
Your family must land (come to Canada and activate their PR) before the expiry date on their PR visas. Otherwise you will have to apply to sponsor them from scratch again.

NITINBHALLA

May 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2014
scylla said:
Your family must land (come to Canada and activate their PR) before the expiry date on their PR visas. Otherwise you will have to apply to sponsor them from scratch again.
What is the validity of a PR Visa?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
NITINBHALLA said:
What is the validity of a PR Visa?
You'll have to see when you receive your visa. It's typically tied to the expiry of your medical. It could be close to a year or it may just be a few months.

Anitaa

Aug 26, 2014
I entered Canada again on January 12. At Canada Airport they just looked at my US passport and no questions were asked Regarding Canada PR status or report and I was out.

Anitaa

Aug 26, 2014
Did the Requirement of "voluntary relinquishment my Canada PR status" Changed recently??

someone wrote to me that now you can download the Form for voluntary relinquish or PR status and just Submit the Form at POE (when enter Canada) and now the immigration officer has not to Consul or advice you that one can appeal after filing. He told me that once you submit "voluntary relinquish or PR status Form" that is enough and no time waste of officer and no appeal once Form is submitted.

If that is the latest Info then good for me because I will be coming to Canada in last week of November for a meeting and I can Submit the Form.

Please let me know if the Info is correct or not.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anitaa said:
Did the Requirement of "voluntary relinquishment my Canada PR status" Changed recently??

someone wrote to me that now you can download the Form for voluntary relinquish or PR status and just Submit the Form at POE (when enter Canada) and now the immigration officer has not to Consul or advice you that one can appeal after filing. He told me that once you submit "voluntary relinquish or PR status Form" that is enough and no time waste of officer and no appeal once Form is submitted.

If that is the latest Info then good for me because I will be coming to Canada in last week of November for a meeting and I can Submit the Form.

Please let me know if the Info is correct or not.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5781ETOC.asp

Anitaa

Aug 26, 2014
Thank you Msafiri,

Now it seems simple and I will fill up the forms and will attach what is asked and will give it the Immigration/CBPA officer at Canada Airport when I reach Canada.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anitaa said:
Thank you Msafiri,

Now it seems simple and I will fill up the forms and will attach what is asked and will give it the Immigration/CBPA officer at Canada Airport when I reach Canada.
Yes its simplified. Let the forum know how things work out for you.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anitaa said:
I will be posting here once I give the Papers at POE in Canada.
The instructions require you to mail the PR VR forms to CIC HQ in Ottawa,ON if you are in Canada so the CBSA agent at the POE may refuse to take the paperwork but he/she may...something to be aware of. If you do end up mailing it use a method requiring proof of delivery.