CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2020
AOR Received.
25-02-2020
Med's Done....
04-03-2020
I searched a lot now. Now I have decided , I will take legal advise then I may resubmit my application.
If you can share what the legal advise for you, that would be great! Thanks!

But how long you have work permit ? What is the current status in Canada?
I have my work permit since 2016 after my student permit. and I already renewed it last year and my status is open-work permit but it will expire on June this year.

123ganda

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2020
AOR Received.
25-02-2020
Med's Done....
04-03-2020
I had to re-apply for a study permit and paid the restoration fee as I was out of status for a day. I didnt even know about my canadian points for education that IRCC didnt award me, which my lawyer pointed out that I should have gotten the 15 points cos i schooled here in Canada for two years. Even with the deduction of the 50 points for my foreign experience, I would still have been above the lowest crs point for my round of invitation. So my lawyer submitted the reconsideration yesterday. He also advised me to re-write the ielts asap as there is no guarantee that they will re-open my application as the missing 15 points may have been either my mistake or a glitch in their system (I submitted all my transcripts from my school here in canada and also filled my profile correctly so I am sure its from their end). So I am not allowed to work anymore as my work permit already expired, just preparing for ielts and hoping for the best.

How about you? What steps are you taking now?
Hi I think you have to go back to your EE profile. When you fill up the part where it said 'Was more than half the study program English or French as a second language courses?' you have to answer NO to get 15 points. unless you studied ESL. that was my mistake last time I did my profile.

Im doing the same thing. right now I'm improving my ielts score and will apply for another PR soon. Praying and hoping that I will get invited so that I can apply for another BOWP as my work permit expires in June. Also hopefully this year ill get my PR status.

Hoping for the best for you too!

Reactions: Diamond42

Hassan89

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Hi I think you have to go back to your EE profile. When you fill up the part where it said 'Was more than half the study program English or French as a second language courses?' you have to answer NO to get 15 points. unless you studied ESL. that was my mistake last time I did my profile.

Im doing the same thing. right now I'm improving my ielts score and will apply for another PR soon. Praying and hoping that I will get invited so that I can apply for another BOWP as my work permit expires in June. Also hopefully this year ill get my PR status.

Agree That's a common mistake, and I think it is poorly worded.

Reactions: 123ganda

Diamond42

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019

I just checked. I chose Yes. Thats where the issue is coming from then. I am already preparing for another IELTS and will write it in February. Now I am not allowed to work anymore and its really tough for me. Any suggestions as to what to do to survive?

123ganda

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2020
AOR Received.
25-02-2020
Med's Done....
04-03-2020
I just checked. I chose Yes. Thats where the issue is coming from then. I am already preparing for another IELTS and will write it in February. Now I am not allowed to work anymore and its really tough for me. Any suggestions as to what to do to survive?
Yes you should probably change your answer. I will write another exam too in February. Hoping we get high score to boost our crs points.
Im sorry to hear that. Don't you have any family member or relatives or friends that can help you out? Hang in there it will be better soon. God bless!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey guys,

Does IRCC send a confirmation of submission or any kind of receipt of submission when you submit via a webform? My lawyer submitted a reconsideration yesterday and sent me an email that it has been submitted. Please reply.
When were you refused? Reconsiderations can sometimes work - but it's key to submit the request as soon as possible after the refusal.

No - there's no submission receipt.

Diamond42

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Yes you should probably change your answer. I will write another exam too in February. Hoping we get high score to boost our crs points.
Im sorry to hear that. Don't you have any family member or relatives or friends that can help you out? Hang in there it will be better soon. God bless!
Thanks for your kind words. Yes I do have siblings here and they have been very helpful. So this means the reconsideration request will probably be declined, since it was my mistake, right?

Diamond42

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
When were you refused? Reconsiderations can sometimes work - but it's key to submit the request as soon as possible after the refusal.

No - there's no submission receipt.
I was refused on December 13th 2019, recon request submitted January 27th 2020. The reconsideration was submitted about 42 days after the refusal. Does this mean the request will be refused?
Also, I think the missing 15 points was my mistake. The reconsideration request will be refused, right?

dr_jaat

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2015
Doc's Request.
Upfront
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2016
LANDED..........
05-06-2016
I was refused on December 13th 2019, recon request submitted January 27th 2020. The reconsideration was submitted about 42 days after the refusal. Does this mean the request will be refused?
Also, I think the missing 15 points was my mistake. The reconsideration request will be refused, right?
As far as I know there is no reconsideration time limit specified in EE PR applications (Appeals are different story). So, I don't anticipate refusal based on 42 days mark. Eligibility is whole different thing. If they found a mistake in assessment on their part you may see a positive result. Otherwise, you would likely get a communication confirming the same decision.

Diamond42

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
As far as I know there is no reconsideration time limit specified in EE PR applications (Appeals are different story). So, I don't anticipate refusal based on 42 days mark. Eligibility is whole different thing. If they found a mistake in assessment on their part you may see a positive result. Otherwise, you would likely get a communication confirming the same decision.
Thanks for your reply. My lawyer already told me to start preparing for another IELTS so if this gets refused, I will re-apply for a new pr entirely. I have also applied for GCMS notes since January 1st 2020.

Quick question: the reason for my refusal is as stated below:

Upon review of the letter of employment you provided, I am not satisfied that you have performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC 6211 [R87.1(2)(b)]. As well, I am not satisfied that you have performed a substantial number of the main duties, including all the essential duties, of the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC 6211 [R87.1(2)(c)].
This change in your qualifications resulted in a loss of points that brought your rank below the lowest ranking person who was invited to apply in your round of invitation, under the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System."

When I create a new EE profile, I dont intend to claim foreign work experience because I may not be able to prove it exhaustively. Rather, I am aiming to max out the ielts points and also include french as I am learning it now. What do you think?

dr_jaat

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2015
Doc's Request.
Upfront
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2016
LANDED..........
05-06-2016
Thanks for your reply. My lawyer already told me to start preparing for another IELTS so if this gets refused, I will re-apply for a new pr entirely. I have also applied for GCMS notes since January 1st 2020.

Quick question: the reason for my refusal is as stated below:

Upon review of the letter of employment you provided, I am not satisfied that you have performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC 6211 [R87.1(2)(b)]. As well, I am not satisfied that you have performed a substantial number of the main duties, including all the essential duties, of the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC 6211 [R87.1(2)(c)].
This change in your qualifications resulted in a loss of points that brought your rank below the lowest ranking person who was invited to apply in your round of invitation, under the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System."

When I create a new EE profile, I dont intend to claim foreign work experience because I may not be able to prove it exhaustively. Rather, I am aiming to max out the ielts points and also include french as I am learning it now. What do you think?
Looks like the issue came from the letter of reference from your foreign employer. IRCC is very particular about the job duties and responsibilities specific to one's job. Your letter likely didn't provide the details they were looking for.

Reactions: bpink

Diamond42

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Looks like the issue came from the letter of reference from your foreign employer. IRCC is very particular about the job duties and responsibilities specific to one's job. Your letter likely didn't provide the details they were looking for.
Yea I think so too. I will know better when I get the gcms notes, hopefully by next week. But what if I dont claim this work experience in a new application for points (but include it in my personal history), and get an ITA, will this create any issues?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I hate to say it but the missing points would have definitely been your mistake. I think the chances of reconsideration are low but worth a shot. Good luck.

Diamond42

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Hi guys,

I am preparing for another IELTS test (General Training) for re-application of PR. Which is better, paper-based or computer based? I know the computer based results comes out faster, but I have taken only paper based before, so dont know what to expect if i take computer based. @scylla @dr_jaat @123ganda @Hassan89

123ganda

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2020
AOR Received.
25-02-2020
Med's Done....
04-03-2020
Thanks for your kind words. Yes I do have siblings here and they have been very helpful. So this means the reconsideration request will probably be declined, since it was my mistake, right?
I don't know it depends on the officer. They might check and confirm it and give you the points. I don't know. hoping for the best.