NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2020
AOR Received.
25-02-2020
Med's Done....
04-03-2020
Hi guys,

I am preparing for another IELTS test (General Training) for re-application of PR. Which is better, paper-based or computer based? I know the computer based results comes out faster, but I have taken only paper based before, so dont know what to expect if i take computer based. @scylla @dr_jaat @123ganda @Hassan89
Hi there I was able to do an IELTS computer-based last month and I liked it. I am a bit of a tech person so I feel like its more convenient for me. On what to expect on the computer-based I watched the videos here
https://ieltscanadatest.com/prepare-for-ielts/computer-delivered-ielts-tutorials-and-practice-tests/
You can also see more videos on YouTube.
To be honest its really a preference on where you are more comfortable doing an exam. Also if you want a faster results you go with computer-based one.

Hoping for the best!

Reactions: Diamond42

bpink

Star Member
Oct 2, 2019
Looks like the issue came from the letter of reference from your foreign employer. IRCC is very particular about the job duties and responsibilities specific to one's job. Your letter likely didn't provide the details they were looking for.
Hello, may I ask what should be indicated on the letter of reference from my foreign employer? Thank you

elchar

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Hello.

Is it common that people who went through a GPWP get a PR refusal? It frightens me since I´m thinking in migrate whit my family through study stream. What do you think?

Thnks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello.

Is it common that people who went through a GPWP get a PR refusal? It frightens me since I´m thinking in migrate whit my family through study stream. What do you think?

Thnks.
Studying in Canada and getting a PGWP does not guarantee PR. There are plenty of examples where people have come to Canada to study and then not been successful in getting PR.

Reactions: elchar

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hello.

Thnks.
There is not such thing as 'Study Stream'.

The Canadian Experience Class 'stream', if we may, is the category through which people with at least 1-year skilled work experience in Canada might be able to apply for PR. The easiest way to, because it grants you more points is doing this, is by first earning a Canadian degree as a foreign student, then obtain a PGWP (only granted once in a lifetime to each person) and earn the Canadian experience under this type of open work permit.

However, there are other ways of earning Canadian experience without having ever studied in the country.

Of course, there is no warranty you will be granted PR if you earn a Canadian degree, it all depends on your CRS score (age, highest level of education, years of foreign and Canadian work experience, knowledge of English/French, whether your have Canadian/PR close relatives, and the same factors for your spouse) and whether or not you're able to provide the supporting documentation for what you're claiming.

Reactions: elchar

AshRK

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
For those whose PR got rejected, did you guys also attach pay stubs because your role is mentioned in that too and sometimes that can be considered more authentic and trustworthy than your ref letter.

Diamond42

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Hello guys, I hope you all are staying safe in these trying times?

I guess I should start from the beginning. So my PR was declined in December 2019 (BOWP was also declined) and then I was out of status. I had to quickly re-apply for a study permit and paid restoration fee. My study permit was just approved yesterday and studies are to start in September 2020 (it was deferred from May to September by the school due to covid-19). I have most of my documents ready for another PR application (including WES and IELTS). My question is can I apply for PR before i resume studies? I will be in school when its being processed.

Mar 7, 2019
Hi All,

I had applied for express entry CEC under NOC 1221. My application was rejected stating that my job roles and duties did not appear to be consistent with those listed on the NOC website.
However, my colleagues had applied under with same job description and their PR was accepted.
Now, my PGWP is expiring in August 2019.
What options do I have?
Can i apply under same NOC 1221 by modifying my duties?
Please advise...
hi,
My application was same as u. same Noc as well. i got rejected but i sent for reconsider . just yesterday I got my approval. I amended my job duties and attached reference letter from manager . however, I hired lawyer this time just for safe side. he helped me to modify me duties. try again all the best

Harleys

Apr 9, 2024
Hi,

I submitted my PR application on February 17th,2024, and then I realized only one of my job duties matched with those listed on the NOC website. Therefore, I got a new job letter from my employer with similar job roles and submitted a web form that included my new Job Letter, recent paycheck, and bank statement. Will this be a reason for IRCC to reject my PR application? Or will they be questioning me as to why I changed the duties in it?