+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR extension

Saikrn

Aug 12, 2021
Hi, I am a Canadian PR Holder. I used to live in US and I got my Canadian PR while I was in the states. Once when I went to India to visit my family, on my return I was deported from US while I was on my H1B. I was deported under section 234 (b)(1) and gor banned to enter to US for 5 years by misinterpreting that I used proxy's for interviews to get a job.

Now recently I moved to Canada as I already have Canadian PR. My question is, When I apply for my PR extension, I think they're going to ask me a question like 'If I was ever rejected visa or denied entry into some country in the past'. when I answer yes and give them the reason, Is it going to affect the outcome of my PR Extension? What is the best way to handle this situation? Can you please help me out.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I am a Canadian PR Holder. I used to live in US and I got my Canadian PR while I was in the states. Once when I went to India to visit my family, on my return I was deported from US while I was on my H1B. I was deported under section 234 (b)(1) and gor banned to enter to US for 5 years by misinterpreting that I used proxy's for interviews to get a job.

Now recently I moved to Canada as I already have Canadian PR. My question is, When I apply for my PR extension, I think they're going to ask me a question like 'If I was ever rejected visa or denied entry into some country in the past'. when I answer yes and give them the reason, Is it going to affect the outcome of my PR Extension? What is the best way to handle this situation? Can you please help me out.
You don’t get a PR extension only apply for a PR card extension.

Saikrn

Aug 12, 2021
Yeah sorry that’s what i meant, pr card extension. Will there be any problem for PR card extension?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yeah sorry that’s what i meant, pr card extension. Will there be any problem for PR card extension?
There won't be an issue as long as you meet the residency requirement when you renew your PR card.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
If you are so paranoid, you dont need to even apply for renewal of PR card. AFAIK, PR card is NOT mandatory. PR Card's main use is to re-enter canada IF you are outside canada. Its like a multiple entry visa. It is however important that you have proof of your presence in Canada. Things like visits to doctor or hospital, any medical tests done, rental agreement, job and tax return, utility bills..