+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

viraj7565

Aug 17, 2018
I am waiting for eCOPR for my parents (PGP application). P1 and P2 done. Wanted to check if they can fly to US and reenter Canada on visitor visa ? Do i need to inform IRCC of this travel ? Since during P1 and P2 declaration, they are in Canada. Next week they travel to US so i am not sure if i need to inform IRCC of this since they havent received eCOPR yet. Any help on this is greatly appreciated !! Thanks !

queenring17

Feb 8, 2024
@queenring17
This is what happened last week. i think maybe it just happens sometimes. You will eventually get your email. Search Peter92 to see what happened. It must of been fine becaue their PR card was already mailed
good morning, everyone!
Still didn’t get the second email, hope it’s not a problem, but i already link my PR card to my account.
Who knows, how the first update should looks like?

8343fries

Star Member
Jan 11, 2023
I am waiting for eCOPR for my parents (PGP application). P1 and P2 done. Wanted to check if they can fly to US and reenter Canada on visitor visa ? Do i need to inform IRCC of this travel ? Since during P1 and P2 declaration, they are in Canada. Next week they travel to US so i am not sure if i need to inform IRCC of this since they havent received eCOPR yet. Any help on this is greatly appreciated !! Thanks !
I think you need to let IRCC know if they leave Canada. I don't think it is advisable to leave if you have are waiting on Ecopr and already declared you are in Canada. Once they have an ECopr and if they have a valid US visa (or are a US citizen) they can enter Canada at a land border even if they do no have a PR card.

Reactions: yangje1230

yangje1230

Feb 8, 2024
I believe ecopr is not for travel so it’s the safe way that you let IRCC know about your parents travel to US

8343fries

Star Member
Jan 11, 2023
I believe ecopr is not for travel so it’s the safe way that you let IRCC know about your parents travel to US
You can cross a land border (US and Canada) in a private car if you have a signed eCoPR. But you have to be able to get into the US (either as a citizen, or with a valid visitor visa). If you do not have an ecopr and you already confirmed you live in canada you should not leave. It is best to reach out to IRCC and tell them your situation and they can tell you what to do. Your parents may have to cancel their trip if they do not have an ecopr yet.

https://legalservicesincorporated.com/immigration/can-i-travel-outside-canada-with-an-approved-copr-while-i-am-waiting-for-my-pr-card-to-arrive-in-the-mail/#:~:text=If you are crossing the,only valid for 1 year.

viraj7565

Aug 17, 2018
You can cross a land border in the US if you have a signed eCoPR. But you have to be able to get into the US (either as a citizen, or with a valid visitor visa). If you do not have an ecopr and you already confirmed you live in canada you should not leave. It is best to reach out to IRCC and tell them your situation and they can tell you what to do. Your parents may have to cancel their trip if they do not have an ecopr yet.
Yes, I will inform ircc.
Entering US - they have valid US visitor visa and travel to US frequently, so they can enter US without issues I think.

Re- entering Canada - they have valid Canadian visitor visa, so I was thinking they should be able enter Canada as well. E-COPR doesn’t need to come up in the conversation during immigration at the airport.

What say ?

8343fries

Star Member
Jan 11, 2023
Yes, I will inform ircc.
Entering US - they have valid US visitor visa and travel to US frequently, so they can enter US without issues I think.

Re- entering Canada - they have valid Canadian visitor visa, so I was thinking they should be able enter Canada as well. E-COPR doesn’t need to come up in the conversation during immigration at the airport.

What say ?
I think if they don't have a valid ecopr they should not leave. But I am not a lawyer so I would call IRCC and ask so they don't create more problems for themselves.

You don't want to accidentally have them misrepresent themsevles, because immigration has all the data for the border, so even if it does not come up, it could still be a problem down the line if they find out. Just call IRCC and see what they recommend.

perurima

Dec 27, 2023
I was in the middle of work so I could not write right away, but I just wanted to thank @Carrot__ and @8343fries for the work with the sheet, it made the wait so much better. Also thank you to all of the people that interacts here with helpful info and also with funny jokes sometimes. In here, you feel like you are not alone and that's great guys. Lastly, hang tight, it will come soon , just believe it. Thanks!!