+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card timeline - 2023

Feb 17, 2021
Does anyone know if we can leave the country with out a PR card after having the Ecopr issued? I got my Ecopr on 29th Jan from Calgary VO. It’s been more than 2 months and I haven’t received my PR card and need to travel to India urgently. Will it be an issue if I leave the country now and have my friend pick the PR card from my mailbox when he travels to India and I get back to Canada with my PR card when I have it ?
Yes you can but you can only enter by land via private vehicle

gazzerman

Aug 19, 2019
I went to Mexico and Hawaii in the last few weeks, no issue. Its up to the airlines digression, nothing to do with the border.

Pk47

Nov 16, 2017
Anyone know why cards are taking so long? Ecopr from Etobicoke Dec 28, saw what I thought was a GU on Jan 10 but they just changed the date on the GCKey list of applications, no status update. I’ve watched the average processing go from 15 days to 47 but I’m almost double that. I did a web form request a couple weeks ago and just got a generic “we’ll contact you if we need anything” reply. Just keep waiting, or should I reach out to my MP?

shoko-inori

Mar 19, 2024
VO Etobicoke
eCOPR: Jan 29
GU1: Mar 22
GU2: Mar 26
Card Received: Apr 2

For those using Canada Post App, the mail may not appear as from an identified sender. In my case it showed as “General Mail” from start to end, so keep an eye on those general mails as well.
Otherwise, thanks for all the updates and data shared to this thread! These were way more helpful than the IRCC timeline which is a complete joke.

Reactions: Mandarin0212

YOBBIBI

Feb 27, 2024
Anyone know why cards are taking so long? Ecopr from Etobicoke Dec 28, saw what I thought was a GU on Jan 10 but they just changed the date on the GCKey list of applications, no status update. I’ve watched the average processing go from 15 days to 47 but I’m almost double that. I did a web form request a couple weeks ago and just got a generic “we’ll contact you if we need anything” reply. Just keep waiting, or should I reach out to my MP?
I think most of the application with longer waiting time because of the card processing error which is photo error. IRCC need to review the photo manually that caused it take a long processing time.
Honestly, I don’t think webform is useful, you can try to call hotline or find your MP.

chawelle

Star Member
Nov 2, 2023
Hi everyone,

I received my card yesterday and now everything is done for me.
I wish you all the best for the future, and for those of you who are still waiting, please be patient, it will happen no matter what.

Here is my complete timeline :

AOR : 3rd August, 2023
Biometrics completed: 27th September, 2023
Final decision: 30th October, 2023
Portal 1 email: 16th November, 2023 (Montreal VO)
Portal 2 email: 12th December, 2023
eCOPR: 27th December, 2023 (Calgary VO)
Linked PR Card Application to GCKey: 28th December, 2023
Photo rejected: 13th March, 2024
Send new photo: 14th March, 2024
GU 1 (Final Decision): 21th March, 2024
GU 2 (PR card mailed): 27th March, 2024
PR Card Received: 2nd April, 2024

Maybe we'll see you again for citizenship ! ;)

Kico

Nov 15, 2023
As far as I understood. Once the PR Card applications are linked to GCKey, IRCC updates the PR Card application's Final Decision twice. However, most of the times applicants don't receive any notifications during these updates. Hence these updates are called Ghost Updates (GU1 and GU2). GU1 usually means that your photo is accepted and is in queue for PR card printing. GU2 is when it will show in your GCkey that your PR Card is printed and mailed to your address.
I receive my ecopr on 9 feb from calgary but, I can’t link my pr card application in gc key how can i track for gu1 or gu2 so far gc key don’t show nothing

manojkumarkotte

Dec 29, 2023
I receive my ecopr on 9 feb from calgary but, I can’t link my pr card application in gc key how can i track for gu1 or gu2 so far gc key don’t show nothing
What is the issue you are facing while linking PR Card application? I was able to link PR card application to GC Key account with UCI & Family Name