+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card timeline - 2023

coprpartha

Dec 1, 2023
VO Calgary
PR Confirmed on Jan 17
GU1-March 27 (Final Decision)
GU2- March 28 (PR Cards mailed)

I contacted my MP on March 20, his assistant replied the same day and asked for more information and further authorization which I did all on March 20 as well! They said they would have to book an appointment first with IRCC and talk about my case and then they will go from there!
The MP office confirmed that they sent a message to the processing office on March 26th!

FYI: I just asked my MP to see if they can facilitate the process since I would like to plan a trip! I also told my MP assistant about the standard processing time and the delay that I have been facing!

Good luck everyone! I hope I get the cards soon after this long weekend. Calgary VO folks, I know how you feel! But you will get your cards!
Did you send the email to MP? What are the information they asked to track the PR card? Thanks

manojkumarkotte

Dec 29, 2023
What are GU1 and GU2?
As far as I understood. Once the PR Card applications are linked to GCKey, IRCC updates the PR Card application's Final Decision twice. However, most of the times applicants don't receive any notifications during these updates. Hence these updates are called Ghost Updates (GU1 and GU2). GU1 usually means that your photo is accepted and is in queue for PR card printing. GU2 is when it will show in your GCkey that your PR Card is printed and mailed to your address.

manojkumarkotte

Dec 29, 2023
Did you send the email to MP? What are the information they asked to track the PR card? Thanks
Usually MP will ask you to sign a consent form, and request for the details below:
  • Full name (first, last and, if applicable, middle names)
  • Date of birth
  • Country of birth
  • Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number (if available)
  • Application number (if available)

amiic

Jan 17, 2024
Th
They cannot track anything as they firmly told me. They can let them know you would need your card. IRCC also declares what causes delays. Everything is in hand of IRCC! My MP simply said the backlog is huge now but he also said he sent a facilitating note to request some more information and speed-up on my progress. I think they simply paced my process!

Atts

Jan 20, 2024
As far as I understood. Once the PR Card applications are linked to GCKey, IRCC updates the PR Card application's Final Decision twice. However, most of the times applicants don't receive any notifications during these updates. Hence these updates are called Ghost Updates (GU1 and GU2). GU1 usually means that your photo is accepted and is in queue for PR card printing. GU2 is when it will show in your GCkey that your PR Card is printed and mailed to your address.
Hi, for me it’s been 37 days now since my ecopr and I still haven’t received my pr card. I have my gc key, so what do I do next to see updates? Do I check everyday till they start my card process? Thanks

manojkumarkotte

Dec 29, 2023
Hi, for me it’s been 37 days now since my ecopr and I still haven’t received my pr card. I have my gc key, so what do I do next to see updates? Do I check everyday till they start my card process? Thanks
Its been 71 Days since I received my eCoPR (Calgary VO), no GU1 update yet.

Checking the status in GCKey on regular basis is the only way to check GU1 and GU2 updates.

Which is your VO by the way?

Reactions: Atts

manojkumarkotte

Dec 29, 2023
Feb 17, 2021
Hi,
I have a question which is slightly related to this:
I have received my COPR but had to to travel urgently to India on an emergency. Now I am looking to return via USA (have a B1/B2) and enter Canada via land.

My question and it might sound silly: If I a book a one way ticket, would I face any issues at the port of entry in USA?

Zion786

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
CELEBRATING DAY 100!!! SINCE eCOPR, with not even GU1 yet, YAY!!!!. Three cheers for IRCC, HIP HIP..... HIP HIP.... HIP HIP!!!. My MP informed that there are production errors for my card since early January. They haven't reached out to me for an updated picture or anything. At this point I feel like the PR application has started all over again, What a NIGHTMARE!. Any suggestions guys?

YOBBIBI

Feb 27, 2024
CELEBRATING DAY 100!!! SINCE eCOPR, with not even GU1 yet, YAY!!!!. Three cheers for IRCC, HIP HIP..... HIP HIP.... HIP HIP!!!. My MP informed that there are production errors for my card since early January. They haven't reached out to me for an updated picture or anything. At this point I feel like the PR application has started all over again, What a NIGHTMARE!. Any suggestions guys?
High5✋✋Me waiting for 101 Days,I got an error too. My MP said after an error, the current protocol to request further action requires 6 weeks to pass from the error occurring to fully pass before the request can be made.‍ But IRCC informed me to reupload the photo. Good luck

Zion786

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
High5✋✋Me waiting for 101 Days,I got an error too. My MP said after an error, the current protocol to request further action requires 6 weeks to pass from the error occurring to fully pass before the request can be made.‍ But IRCC informed me to reupload the photo. Good luck
Hi there. When did they inform you to reupload photo?, and when was the error ?, some timeline here would be helpful...cheers.....:)