+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card time line

nilsej

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
Hi Guys,

I have landed on 13th March and I am still waiting for my PR card. what is the recent time line for application at Toronto.

Thanks

QRabbit

May 3, 2010
My husband landed on March 15th, 2010 in Mississauga and still not yet receive PR card. How long does it usually take?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

QRabbit said:
My husband landed on March 15th, 2010 in Mississauga and still not yet receive PR card. How long does it usually take?
30 days, so phone the call centre and ask if there is a problem.

nilsej

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
I am in problem now, As my wife has already gone back to drop my 10 month old baby to India in a week after landing. I was just waiting for her PR card here and just called today to check and came to know that they want me to go to their office with Photo because there is some problem with photo and before they proceed with PR card they need to have new photos. and I think the same problem should be with mife wife and mu daughter application also.
I really dont know what to do now.

Please somebody help.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

nilsej said:
I am in problem now, As my wife has already gone back to drop my 10 month old baby to India in a week after landing. I was just waiting for her PR card here and just called today to check and came to know that they want me to go to their office with Photo because there is some problem with photo and before they proceed with PR card they need to have new photos. and I think the same problem should be with mife wife and mu daughter application also.
I really dont know what to do now.

Please somebody help.
Get your fixed up, then when your wife and child want to return, they apply for a travel document at Delhi.

QRabbit

May 3, 2010
PMM said:
Hi

I did call the immigration call centre and they told me it would take around 4 - 6 weeks. I am unable to check for him because he is the main applicant and they said I can't check the process unless it's my husband. (He doesn't speak English).

Is there any other local phone number I can call other than call centre number? I am in Mississauaga, ON.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
I landed today, May 20th 2010, Immigration Officer informed us that currently it is taking 12 weeks to get a PR card.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

angelbrat said:
I landed today, May 20th 2010, Immigration Officer informed us that currently it is taking 12 weeks to get a PR card.
I think that I would believe what CIC posts on their web site, rather than what an IO states. 30 days for new PRs and 130 days for renewals.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
PMM...I sure as hell hope you are right....am dam well routing for this figure to be wrong and you be right. 30 days sounds just fine to me

Mahender

May 23, 2010
Hi All,

I have received my Canadian Permanent Resident Visa recently few months back under Alberta

Provisional Nomination Program.

I have booked the ticket and planning to land in Calgary on May-31st Night, Can someone

provide me their mailing address to be provided to the authorites at airport.

So that my permanent resident card will be mailed by authorities to the address mentioned...I

will greatly appreciate your help for my life long!!!!.

Hoping for Quick Help!!!!!!!!!!.

Regards,
Mahender.
email : mahenderreddy8@gmail.com

Maly

May 2, 2010
I can tell you from expreince that most people are getting PR after minimum 2 months these days. Some people might have got ealrier, probably those who landed during the earlier part ofthe year.

Sunlight

May 26, 2010
Phoning the Call Centre is of no help... we tried that.

My husband landed on April 12, and we were assured that his PR card would arrive in 4 weeks, and no later than 6 weeks. It's been over 6 weeks now, and nothing. We have plans to go to Arizona next week, so he called to find out if the card had been mailed, if it was still in processing, or what. They couldn't tell us anything. The only thing they told him was that he could still leave the country without it (and I confirmed that with WestJet, that they'd let him board), and since we are driving back with his truck, he's not required to have the PR card to return by land, in a private vehicle -- his Landing Papers/Confirmation of Permanent Residence papers would be enough.

I still wish the PR card would arrive before we leave -- I'm a bit nervous about it.

PMM said:
Hi

darelro

Mar 16, 2010
It looks like is taking more then 30 days. My friend landed on 21st of April and didn't get the PR card yet.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
Having called CIC to confirm time lines for the PR card, as there seems to be conflicting information, they did confirm that the web site time line of 30 days was wrong, they have not got around to updating the site yet.

It appears they are having problems with their photo scanning machines, the CIC agent on the telephone was not sure herself what the problem was, but she advised me that currently, realistically, PR cards were being issued approx 60 - 90 days from landing.

This is bad news for my 17 year old son, whom was hoping to get his SIN number for the summer so he could work. But as Service Canada will not give a SIN number with just the COPR paper, he is still stuck not being able to work.

Sometimes, immigration just sucks!!!!.... :p

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

angelbrat said:
Having called CIC to confirm time lines for the PR card, as there seems to be conflicting information, they did confirm that the web site time line of 30 days was wrong, they have not got around to updating the site yet.

It appears they are having problems with their photo scanning machines, the CIC agent on the telephone was not sure herself what the problem was, but she advised me that currently, realistically, PR cards were being issued approx 60 - 90 days from landing.

This is bad news for my 17 year old son, whom was hoping to get his SIN number for the summer so he could work. But as Service Canada will not give a SIN number with just the COPR paper, he is still stuck not being able to work.

Sometimes, immigration just sucks!!!!.... :p
Go to another Service Canada office, if you check the forum you will see tons of new immigrants getting their SINs with their COPR.