+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal

rkdchd

Oct 29, 2014
Hi all,
Need some help.
At the time of immigration of my family I was completing my graduate studies and because of that I was outside of Canada and couldn't complete the 2 year eligibility period for PR I was here for around 4 months with multiple visits to my parents. I now applied for pr card renewal in December . My application is still in process .

I have to go outside of Canada due to some urgent reasons

I have questions related to this:
1.Is there a way I could approach the authority regarding this?
2.Does applying for the urgent pr processing helps or does it worsens my case?

Really appreciate if any1 can help me with this. thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1) No - there is no one for you to approach. Studying outside of Canada is not accepted as a reason for failing to meet the residency requirement.
2) You can expect to be refused if you apply before you meet the residency requirement. CIC will not process your application as an urgent case.

If you applied to renew your PR status without meeting the residency obligation you should withdraw your application and not apply again until you actually meet the residency requirement. When you applied in December, did you only have 4 months in Canada in the last 5 years? If so, withdraw your application immediately (unless you have some kind of H&C considerations you haven't told us about).

rkdchd

Oct 29, 2014
thank you so much for your reply.

I have another question, i called up the immigration office and they said my file has reached the local office, does that make any difference in the status of my application?
I mean does it reach there after acceptance or does it just go through processing there?