+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal - RQ and now Travel Document requested

M.R.S

Star Member
Aug 27, 2009
Hello every one.

I had applied for PR card renewal last year. The Hamilton Office sent me the RQ and requested some documents, i have sent the RQ form and some other form along with the documents ii had with me. As my PR card is expired and i am outside Canada now they have asked me to apply for travel document and submit the copy of travel document to them by mid of august otherwise my PR card application will be abandoned.

The wrote that
" With the information you have provided we are unable to positively decide the residency requirement so you should apply for travel document at the local high commission and that high commission will decide that whether you have met the residency obligation or not. Once you get the Travel document send us the copy and we will advise the next step. "
Unquote

Now i have two questions.

1 - If i get the TD from CHC then what will happen to my PR Card application ?
2- The travel document processing times is 8 weeks, if ii do not get the TD by mid August then what should i do ?

Please advise

Thanks

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
I'm actually a little confused by CICs request because when you apply for a PRTD, CIC does a PR RO check to see if you qualify.

But CIC already did a PR RO check for your PR application and was unable to determine if you fulfilled your RO. So they ask you to submit a PRTD so they can check your RO again? Huh?

Maybe I'm missing something on how CIC works. Hopefully someone can clear this up.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I suspect that the whole point of this is that the CIC office outside Canada may be better able to do a full residency examination and that CIC inside Canada wants them to make the final residency decision.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
How many days you stayed in Canada in the last 5 years?

M.R.S

Star Member
Aug 27, 2009
ttrajan said:
I stayed in canada for more than 800 days but during this time i was not doing any job all i did was some cash based jobs at local grocery stores. and stayed at my childhood friends place.

I have sent them my bank accounts and credit card statements as well as my tax returns.

M.R.S

Star Member
Aug 27, 2009
ttrajan said:
I stayed in canada for more than 800 days but during this time i was not doing any job all i did was some cash based jobs at local grocery stores. and stayed at my childhood friends place.

I have sent them my bank accounts and credit card statements as well as my tax returns.

Dreamszalone

Star Member
Oct 5, 2013
MRS,

I am\was in same situation as yours until 3 weeks back, mine is more tricky case than yours (just 250 Days of stay) than yours anyway the letter what you got is a standard procedure if you are outside of Canada so dont be panic, and yes they (CIC) have already determined your status for PR so when you send the same documents\facts to consulate for PRTD all they gonna do is refer to FOSS database see the notes and approve your PRTD application. And just to let you know I got my PRTD approved 2 weeks ago from US (LA Office) and you wont believe they approved in 2 days and my case isn't straight. But make sure send the same stuff what you sent in first place. I am pretty sure you will get if you wasn't meeting the residency requirement they would have straight forward denied you or asked you to appeal.
Anyway man good luck....Refer to below bulletin and it will clear your few things...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob536.asp

Thanks

M.R.S

Star Member
Aug 27, 2009
Dreamszalone said:
MRS,

I am\was in same situation as yours until 3 weeks back, mine is more tricky case than yours (just 250 Days of stay) than yours anyway the letter what you got is a standard procedure if you are outside of Canada so dont be panic, and yes they (CIC) have already determined your status for PR so when you send the same documents\facts to consulate for PRTD all they gonna do is refer to FOSS database see the notes and approve your PRTD application. And just to let you know I got my PRTD approved 2 weeks ago from US (LA Office) and you wont believe they approved in 2 days and my case isn't straight. But make sure send the same stuff what you sent in first place. I am pretty sure you will get if you wasn't meeting the residency requirement they would have straight forward denied you or asked you to appeal.
Anyway man good luck....Refer to below bulletin and it will clear your few things...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob536.asp

Thanks
Thank you for replying, your post is very helpful and have released some stress :)

As you said you just spend 250 days, did you mentioned the 250 days in your application ? and did you get the PR Card ?

Thanks again

Dreamszalone

Star Member
Oct 5, 2013
I havent entered Canada yet and haven't send the PRTD copy I will send the copy once I am in Canada so they are satisfied that I am in, you probably should do the same once you get PRTD and yes no worries just go-ahead and apply you should be fine.
And about my 250 days the rest was I was working for employer in US.

M.R.S

Star Member
Aug 27, 2009
Dreamszalone said:
I havent entered Canada yet and haven't send the PRTD copy I will send the copy once I am in Canada so they are satisfied that I am in, you probably should do the same once you get PRTD and yes no worries just go-ahead and apply you should be fine.
Thank you dear. Your post was very helpful.

jamshad

Star Member
Apr 13, 2010
I am in very bad situation, could not met the residency status I tried through some lawyer he applied me 1 year back and he sent me receipt of payment for application and then follow up email 6 month back that CIC asked color copies of PPs. Then sent me other letter from CIC that to wait till june. but now no contact from this lawyer. Can I contact directly to CIC with reference to CIC letter for my status of application. I have UCI from CIC letter. But i don't know these letters are original or not.
but had bank statements and tax payments. Please guide me what to do. my and my family PR expired 5 years back. Should I try for TD. Someone told me don't try you will loose for ever. But I want to shift to Canada for my children education.
Please advise. I will be thankful please

M.R.S

Star Member
Aug 27, 2009
Dreamszalone said:
Hi Dreamszalone,

I got the PRTD today and i have sent the copy to CIC as requested.
Just wondering how your case proceeded ? did you enter Canada or still waiting and did you get the PR Card ?

Thanks

alanericka

Aug 8, 2015
My wife applied last November 2014 , they sent out letter asking for prove of her absent from Canada February 2015 , we sent her copy's of her passport sent February, we are still waiting and is now 9 months and saying still in process, my has no criminal record in the passed 5 years properly absent from Canada on average 30 days .My daughter (5) is with my wife had to return due sickness of her mom. Now my daughter will miss school, My daughter is Canadian. I pleaded with PM to try to help me, Laugh wat do they do is nothing . every government agency is crooked. no one nows who is do way and this is Canada. :mad:

Anyone gone through this before.

Thx