+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal Online 2024

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
24 april 2024- PR portal inspect mode status showed completion but in rejection notes it showed passport pic not according to guidelines.
I keep seeing references to this 'inspect status' mode - is this using some browser trick or is it a mode provided on purpose by IRCC?

If the first (and there have been other such browser tricks): I would be skeptical that such a trick provides what the user thinks it does. It might - or it might be a programming/html error.

seattlecalgary

Aug 1, 2008
PR card renewal timeline-

10 april 2024- Completion of 730 days

12 april 2024 - Filed application non-urgent

24 april 2024- PR portal inspect mode status showed completion but in rejection notes it showed passport pic not according to guidelines.

1 may 2024- PR card received in mail

Thank you so much.
Have you applied through Online? How many days did you have RO before you applied?

fat0024

Mar 5, 2023
I keep seeing references to this 'inspect status' mode - is this using some browser trick or is it a mode provided on purpose by IRCC?

If the first (and there have been other such browser tricks): I would be skeptical that such a trick provides what the user thinks it does. It might - or it might be a programming/html error.

Inspect mode is indeed browser trick - so internally, the information that gets populated on a webpage is a result of certain API requests being made. The inspect mode allows to see the result of those API calls.

I agree the information may not be what the user thinks. However, it appears that if the status shows as "Completed" - that means that the application has been opened, reviewed and decision has been made - but wouldn't give details on what the decision is.

Last edited:
Reactions: armoured

Connectuae

Sep 20, 2018
UAE
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Dubai

Pocess I tried:
1. Launch PR Portal (google chrome only)
2. Right Client on the page, anywhere and select Inspect
3. On the right side a pane will be launched.
4. Enter your user id and password
5. On the right pane, Select "Network" from the menu (Elements | Console | Sources | Network | Performance ....)
6. Once you are in Network, at the bottom pane, search for the name which would be similar to: "cases?phaseid=3&count=1000"
Tip: Sort by the the Type and look for "xhr"
7. Once you click on the name (as in above), you will see the response payload on the right.
8. Look for status.

Connectuae

Sep 20, 2018
UAE
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Dubai
Have you applied through Online? How many days did you have RO before you applied?
I applied online. My residency obligation of 730 days completed on 10 april. I appelied PRcard renewal on 12 april. My first pr card was expiring in aug 2024, my new renewed pr card has expiry april 2029

Connectuae

Sep 20, 2018
UAE
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Dubai
i included notice of assessments of the years i spent days in canada. I included bank statements too of months january feb of years 2020,2021,2022,2023.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Inspect mode is indeed browser trick - so internally, the information that gets populated on a webpage is a result of certain API requests being made. The inspect mode allows to see the result of those API calls.

I agree the information may not be what the user thinks. However, it appears that if the status shows as "Completed" - that means that the application has been opened, reviewed and decision has been made - but wouldn't give details on what the decision is.
I've no strong opinion on this, just warning others that 'this might work, or it might not, and you'll have no way of knowing.'

vrahulan

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
i included notice of assessments of the years i spent days in canada. I included bank statements too of months january feb of years 2020,2021,2022,2023.
Hi, I'm a PR since May 2019 and PR expiring May 9th, 2024. I'm planning to include NoA from CRA. For bank statements, did you include just two months statements for each of the above years quoted?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I'm a PR since May 2019 and PR expiring May 9th, 2024. I'm planning to include NoA from CRA. For bank statements, did you include just two months statements for each of the above years quoted?
One NOA and a single bank statement (from a different period within the 5 year window) will suffice. You only need two pieces total, not two of each.

Khy.

Apr 29, 2024
I tried the inspect mode in the chrome does it really proves the processing of the renewal?

Connectuae

Sep 20, 2018
UAE
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Dubai
I submitted NOA from 2021,2022,2023,
For bank statements i submitted january and dec statements from 2020,2021,2022,2023 i compressed pdf’s. There are no clear instructions so i submitted these.

Reactions: vrahulan

Connectuae

Sep 20, 2018
UAE
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Dubai
I tried the inspect mode in the chrome does it really proves the processing of the renewal?
I don’t think it proves but it may indicate like ghost updates that something have happemed to the application

Reactions: Khy.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I submitted NOA from 2021,2022,2023,
For bank statements i submitted january and dec statements from 2020,2021,2022,2023 i compressed pdf’s. There are no clear instructions so i submitted these.
I agree about the unclear instructions...which is a tragic waste of time since only two (of anything) are required.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are we also allowed to show mobile bills as proof?
I guess, but...what would it prove? There's no way to show that the calls were made/received in Canada, right?

Active evidence, like ATM activity in your area, or a local store transaction are much stronger since it shows that you were THERE.