PR Card Renewal Online 2024

HDcanada

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Hi Everyone,

Quick Update on my and my wife's PR Renewal Timelines:

My PR Expiry Date: May 23, 2024
My Wife's PR Expiry Date: May 13, 2024
PR Renewal Submission Date: May 01, 2024 with normal priority (not urgent application)
Approved on Date: May 09, 2024
Received in Mail Date: May 16, 2024

We submitted PR Renewal application for both us one by one within the same portal on May 1st. Recently yesterday I came to know about "inspect" tool to track down the status which I have checked today by following below steps.
It shows status updated on May 9th for both us. For both us status shows as "Completed", however for my application it shows additionally rejection reason with photo doesn't match the requirement. I have read through in this portal that many of us got this message via inspect tool or many had seen on portal status as well.
Today on May 16th both of us got PR card in mail and date in effect is May 9th.

FYI - PR Portal status still shows as "submitted" as of today May 16th.

1. Launch PR Portal (google chrome only)
2. Right Client on the page, anywhere and select Inspect
3. On the right side a pane will be launched.
4. Enter your user id and password
5. On the right pane, Select "Network" from the menu (Elements | Console | Sources | Network | Performance ....)
6. Once you are in Network, at the bottom pane, search for the name which would be similar to: "cases?phaseid=3&count=1000"
Tip: Sort by the the Type and look for "xhr"
7. Once you click on the name (as in above), you will see the response payload on the right.
8. Look for status.

Last edited:

Zaloony

Jul 8, 2017
Hello everyone. I submitted my PR renewal application on May 4th for myself and my son. My husband submitted his application on May 10th. On May 13th I saw that our applications moved to “completed status” using inspect trick. However, my husband and I had both rejection because of the photo. Mine was that it doesn’t meet the photo requirements, smiling/teeth, lighting…”. For my husband, it was because of photographer stamp and date were missing while they are not.
today, I found the PR card for my husband and my son in the mailbox but mine was not there.
I have not received any rejection letter from IRCC.
What do you think my card was not sent?
GCkey shows that my application has been linked successfully but I can only see my old card details.
FYI, my application was submitted with urgency because of business trips.
Thank you

Last edited:

pablotoronto

May 16, 2024
Hello. Anyone here who also applied online on May 6th? Any update? I have not been able to link my renewal application to my account up to today.

pablotoronto

May 16, 2024
Hi Everyone,

Quick Update on my and my wife's PR Renewal Timelines:

My PR Expiry Date: May 23, 2024
My Wife's PR Expiry Date: May 13, 2024
PR Renewal Submission Date: May 01, 2024
Approved on Date: May 09, 2024
Received in Mail Date: May 16, 2024

We submitted PR Renewal application for both us one by one within the same portal on May 1st. Recently yesterday I came to know about "inspect" tool to track down the status which I have checked today by following below steps.
It shows status updated on May 9th for both us. For both us status shows as "Completed", however for my application it shows additionally rejection reason with photo doesn't match the requirement. I have read through in this portal that many of us got this message via inspect tool or many had seen on portal status as well.
Today on May 16th both of us got PR card in mail and date in effect is May 9th.

FYI - PR Portal status still shows as "submitted" as of today May 16th.

1. Launch PR Portal (google chrome only)
2. Right Client on the page, anywhere and select Inspect
3. On the right side a pane will be launched.
4. Enter your user id and password
5. On the right pane, Select "Network" from the menu (Elements | Console | Sources | Network | Performance ....)
6. Once you are in Network, at the bottom pane, search for the name which would be similar to: "cases?phaseid=3&count=1000"
Tip: Sort by the the Type and look for "xhr"
7. Once you click on the name (as in above), you will see the response payload on the right.
8. Look for status.
Hi, may I ask if you requested urgent processing?

HDcanada

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Hello everyone. I submitted my PR renewal application on May 4th for myself and my son. My husband submitted his application on May 10th. On May 13th I saw that our applications moved to “completed status” using inspect trick. However, my husband and I had both rejection because of the photo. Mine was that it doesn’t meet the photo requirements, smiling/teeth, lighting…”. For my husband, it was because of photographer stamp and date were missing while they are not.
today, I found the PR card for my husband and my son in the mailbox but mine was not there.
I have not received any rejection letter from IRCC.
What do you think my card was not sent?
GCkey shows that my application has been linked successfully but I can only see my old card details.
FYI, my application was submitted with urgency because of business trips.
Thank you
There were many in this group who stated that even their status changed from submitted to returned or rejected (not via inspect) and after a week status got reverted back to submitted and later a week or so they received the PR card. So what I am trying to say just based on many posts, it seems IRCC automated system is rejecting and then when it comes to visa officer they simply approving and dispatching pr card.

I’d say wait for few days and best to call to IRCC on Tuesday to check the status

Reactions: Zaloony

HDcanada

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Hello. Anyone here who also applied online on May 6th? Any update? I have not been able to link my renewal application to my account up to today.
That’s normal where u can’t link the new pr renewal application and if u can do then it would link the old pr application. If ur PR card expiry is near then I believe they have some sort of system that run query and put the file on top queue. If expiry is not near then likely take over a month to get a new pr card. Wait for a week and then do check heck to review the status using ‘inspect’ tool , if u r not sure u can check past posts on steps to follow

seattlecalgary

Aug 1, 2008
That’s normal where u can’t link the new pr renewal application and if u can do then it would link the old pr application. If ur PR card expiry is near then I believe they have some sort of system that run query and put the file on top queue. If expiry is not near then likely take over a month to get a new pr card. Wait for a week and then do check heck to review the status using ‘inspect’ tool , if u r not sure u can check past posts on steps to follow
Is it a fact that they check the expiry date of the current PR card? If that is not close by, does the process take more? Or you are just guessing?

seattlecalgary

Aug 1, 2008
PR card expiry: November 2024
PR Renew application date: May 11, 2024
May 17 ( today): That is still Submitted status in the portal, but inspect mode: Completed with the Primary identification is not provided as below. But, I am pretty sure, I provided the Passport/ ID/ PR card copy. What does this primary ID not provided mean? Is this a system error, or do I really need to provide the primary ID details again?

"status": {
"id": 20,
"statusEn": "Completed",
"statusFr": "Complété"
},
"rejectionReasons": [
{
"id": 18,
"rejectionReasonEn": "Primary identification is not provided",
"rejectionReasonFr": "L’identification primaire n’est pas fournie",

JEDI-007

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Hello Everyone,

I had my photos clicked from CAA, it's digital photo but they gave me a printout as well but it donot have my name or date of birth mentioned on it.
Can some one please advise if I can use this for my PR Card renewal online? If yes, as there is no name and dob printed anywhere what should I do? Thanks

davn15

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Hi - I submitted my application on May 9 and on May 16 I got an email saying my application has been updated.
When i logged into the pr portal, it said my photo was not accepted.
I submitted a new photo again on the same day, May 16.

I know many people got the photo rejection email but after this how long until the next update on average?

Thank you

JEDI-007

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Hi - I submitted my application on May 9 and on May 16 I got an email saying my application has been updated.
When i logged into the pr portal, it said my photo was not accepted.
I submitted a new photo again on the same day, May 16.

I know many people got the photo rejection email but after this how long until the next update on average?

Thank you
Can I pls ask what was the issue with your photo?

parpr2018

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Hi,

any suggestion on below?
Submitted Application on 1-Apr
It was updated to completed on 15-Apr, no rejection reasons.

Inspect shows:
"createdAt": "2024-04-01 14:53:44.639031",
"updatedAt": "2024-04-15 17:48:42.135683",
"submittedAt": "2024-04-01 15:18:26.475433",

"status": {
"id": 20,
"statusEn": "Completed",
"statusFr": "Complété"
},
"rejectionReasons": [],
"members": [],
"phase": {
"id": 3,
"phaseEn": "Renewal",
"phaseFr": "Renouvellement"
}

No PR card in mail yet. with IRCC i always get cannot put into queue due to high call volume. via IRCC webform they provided me with application number but unable to track with that

Zaloony

Jul 8, 2017
There were many in this group who stated that even their status changed from submitted to returned or rejected (not via inspect) and after a week status got reverted back to submitted and later a week or so they received the PR card. So what I am trying to say just based on many posts, it seems IRCC automated system is rejecting and then when it comes to visa officer they simply approving and dispatching pr card.

I’d say wait for few days and best to call to IRCC on Tuesday to check the status
Thanks for the feedback. The status changed from “ready for review” to “completed” with the rejection note 8 days after submitting the application so I think that it was opened by an officer not processed by the system. The other evidence is that I got the application number from IRCC today and it’s starting with R not XR. The agent said it was under processing and nothing is required from my side. It’s just frustrating to know that mine that was submitted with urgency is delayed while my son’s and husband’s non urgent ones were finalized in a week time.
It’s insane how IRCC deals with applications nowadays.

Zaloony

Jul 8, 2017
Why is it normal not to be able to link it? Am I missing something ?