+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal - one family member application taking longer

HI14

Oct 11, 2023
Hi, I applied for PR Card renewal for my family in August 2023. I and my wife received our new PR cards on the same day September 20. My older son's new PR card arrived on the next day September 21. However, we are still waiting for the PR card for my younger son. Application status is showing as 'In Process'. Is it normal to see such a wide gap between processing of new PR card for one family member when the application for the whole family was mailed in the same package?

Thank you!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi, I applied for PR Card renewal for my family in August 2023. I and my wife received our new PR cards on the same day September 20. My older son's new PR card arrived on the next day September 21. However, we are still waiting for the PR card for my younger son. Application status is showing as 'In Process'. Is it normal to see such a wide gap between processing of new PR card for one family member when the application for the whole family was mailed in the same package?

Thank you!
It's reasonably normal, yes. I'd say give it six weeks before doing anything or inquiring, unless it's urgent for some reason.

HI14

Oct 11, 2023
Thank you for your response!

Is there a dedicated helpline for PR card related inquiries? I tried contacting CIC but could not reach an agent, the call ended while I was waiting.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your response!

Is there a dedicated helpline for PR card related inquiries? I tried contacting CIC but could not reach an agent, the call ended while I was waiting.
No, there is no dedicated helpline. You have to keep calling the general line until you get through to an agent.

Reactions: armoured

Prashanth_12

Nov 5, 2018
Hi HI14,

Did you create separate accounts on the online portal for renewal for each family member or did it all in one account ?

Need to apply for PR renewal for my wife and I, wondering if it should be done in one account or two separate accounts, any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance!

HI14

Oct 11, 2023
Hi,

I started my application online but I got confused on how to apply for the whole family together as part of one account. Because of that I eventually applied by paper.