+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

Zjeed

Jun 3, 2022
I applied with online portal on feb 24th for first PR and trying to add application to gckey or ecas to get some updates but nothing is found and can't add my application, did it happen to anyone else? Should I call IRCC?

MathToStat

Jan 13, 2017
Hello my friends,

I submitted my paper renewal application around March 20th and so updates so far. I have one question asking for your valuable advice:

My current card expires on end of the November. I plan to leave Canada around July 20th and return in one month, i.e., around August 20th. My question is: can I travel outside of Canada while waiting for my new PR card? My old card has not expired yet.

In normal situations, I should have received my card around July 20th for sure, because I submitted application around March 20th. That would be 4 months of processing time. However, with the strike, I am not 100% certain.

Please share your valuable experience and opinions. Thank you very much!

amirshaikh88

May 17, 2016
I had several issues during PR card renewal applications. Sep 2022 submitted. Application came back without info on what's missing.
resubmitted in Dec 2022. now application status shows receive on Jan 18. but no status or updates so far. it's been over 90 days processing time. Web forms gets standard message.
What should I do next? how can i link application to my GC key account?
appreciate help!
Thanks

Reactions: Andrea1199

myreplies1975yh

May 2, 2023
Does anyone know on the PR Renewal Online portal if status changes from "Submitted" to something else. What happens next?. What status shows next before you receive the card?.

hiricky5

May 8, 2023
I sent my paper application for PR card renewal through courier on Feb 09, Courier was delivered on 13 Feb. No updates so far, I sent few emails and called them couple of times but it is of no help, anyone else has same timeline?

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Does anyone know on the PR Renewal Online portal if status changes from "Submitted" to something else. What happens next?. What status shows next before you receive the card?.
It never changed when I applied for my wife’s PR card. Even after receiving the card the status is still “submitted”

gataM

Nov 6, 2018
My renewed PR card was mailed yesterday. Here's my timeline:

March 6: submitted the application online
May 4: "incomplete application" appeared under the return reason section with no email notification to request anything. Also able to link my application with GC key and got the AOR.
May 8: my pr card was mailed. I saw this updates in GC key. my pr portal says still "incomplete application" so I'm sure it's a glitch like what @jeff198901 said.

Last edited:

MathToStat

Jan 13, 2017

May 4: "incomplete application" appeared under the return reason section with no email notification to request anything. Also able to link my application with GC key and got the AOR.
May 8: my pr card was mailed. I saw this updates in GC key. my pr portal says still "incomplete application" so I'm sure it's a glitch like what @jeff198901 said.
Congratulation! I used paper application though and I submitted around March 20th. Hope I will receive soon as well!

n.moustafa

Star Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulation! I used paper application though and I submitted around March 20th. Hope I will receive soon as well!
Hello I submitted via paper March 20th as well. Have you received any AOR or communication regarding your renewal?

Thank you in advance.

poornimagogi

Aug 18, 2017

That's nice to hear!! I submitted mine on the 6th Mar late night as well for renewal. So far no updates yet and I am not able to link my application on GC Key either. Were you able to link yours and did you receive any emails with application number or any sort of communication while your application was being processed?

Mine is expiring on the Jun 5th and I have a travel scheduled on 9th Jun, quite nervous of the timeline overall.

shaheersinn

Star Member
Jan 23, 2016
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
App. Filed.......
16th Feb 2016
Doc's Request.
No request
Med's Request
29th May 2016
Med's Done....
6th May 2016
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
10th July
VISA ISSUED...
25th July 2016
LANDED..........
Scheduled on 12th Aug
I sent my paper application for PR card renewal through courier on Feb 09, Courier was delivered on 13 Feb. No updates so far, I sent few emails and called them couple of times but it is of no help, anyone else has same timeline?
I applied online on 3 February. Not a SINGLE update since then.

NRI16

Aug 21, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2014
Nomination.....
Early Sept 2014
Med's Request
Mid oct 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM 8th feb 2015, PPR 11th Feb 2015
Need advise from seniors for one of my relative's case...She became canadian PR in July 2018 and stayed in Canada for 10 months & went to home country in May 2019 and came back to Canada last week...There was no issue while coming back even though her PR card is expiring in Sept 2023.
During last 4 years , she could not come back to Canada due to pregnancy, covid and young baby's visitor visa got rejected etc.
What is the best way to get her PR renewed ?
option-1, apply for renewal in Aug or Sept 2023, if anyone has worked this option
option-2, wait for 2 years and then apply for renewal, which lawyer recommends, Can she get a job with expired PR cards ?

Last edited:

torono24

May 3, 2023
Need advise from seniors for one of my relative's case...She became canadian PR in July 2018 and stayed in Canada for 10 months & went to home country in May 2019 and came back to Canada last week...There was no issue while coming back even though her PR card is expiring in Sept 2023.
During last 4 years , she could not come back to Canada due to pregnancy, covid and young baby's visitor visa got rejected etc.
What is the best way to get her PR renewed ?
option-1, apply for renewal in Aug or Sept 2023
option-2, wait for 2 years and then apply for renewal
According to https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=727&top=4, her PR might not be valid during renewal. It would be best to work with a knowledgeable immigration lawyer as this is a complicated case.