+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

pHrankee

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
So then the answer to my question is: yes taxes/NOA are required for PR renewal
I think your question was if need to to submit NOA in the application. Arleast what I read. Then the answer is still no. For the application we don't have to submit the NOA. IRCC as per their verification process will go to CRA and chk if the applicants taxes are in order.

mayple

Star Member
Dec 30, 2017
I think your question was if need to to submit NOA in the application. Arleast what I read. Then the answer is still no. For the application we don't have to submit the NOA. IRCC as per their verification process will go to CRA and chk if the applicants taxes are in order.
So you've met the 730 days requirement but have no tax returns. IRCC can check with CRA and then what? Ask the applicant hey why did you not file taxes? And the applicant says not required. And then whay? IRCC says okay cool and moves on? I'm not sure what the meaning behind that circular cycle is? I don't think IRCC has asked such questions directly to an applicant renewing their PR cards. Atleast I haven't heard anyone mention that on here.

pHrankee

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
So you've met the 730 days requirement but have no tax returns. IRCC can check with CRA and then what? Ask the applicant hey why did you not file taxes? And the applicant says not required. And then whay? IRCC says okay cool and moves on? I'm not sure what the meaning behind that circular cycle is? I don't think IRCC has asked such questions directly to an applicant renewing their PR cards. Atleast I haven't heard anyone mention that on here.
That's a good point. Now I don't think many here know the working on how iRcC verify stuff. What I mentioned earlier is pure specualtion. Apologies if I did not mention it earlier. There is very good chance ppl won't have income.

angu_gu

Apr 20, 2023
Hi everyone,
My bf applied to renew his PR in early March and today he got a status update as "returned due to missing documents" but there is no detail as to what exactly was missing.
Can you please help us with the following questions:
1- how can he contact IRCC to ask about what exactly was missing?
2- does he have to make another payment to reapply?
3- how to fill in question 3.5- Have you ever been issued any of the following documents? [Travel document, PR travel document]. What exactly do they mean by travel document? My bf, an Indian citizen who used to live in USA in H1B visa, became a PR in 2018 for which he was issued a COPR and a visa to enter the country and later the PR card which is now expiring. We are so confused and there is no guidance as to what exactly are they referringto by "travel document"...

We'd really appreciate your help as we have travel plans with non refundable plane tickets... Thank you!

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi everyone,
My bf applied to renew his PR in early March and today he got a status update as "returned due to missing documents" but there is no detail as to what exactly was missing.
3- how to fill in question 3.5- Have you ever been issued any of the following documents? [Travel document, PR travel document]. What exactly do they mean by travel document? My bf, an Indian citizen who used to live in USA in H1B visa, became a PR in 2018 for which he was issued a COPR and a visa to enter the country and later the PR card which is now expiring. We are so confused and there is no guidance as to what exactly are they referringto by "travel document"...

We'd really appreciate your help as we have travel plans with non refundable plane tickets... Thank you!
@jeff198901 - you may be able to help again :)

Reactions: angu_gu

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Hi everyone,

Are you able to view the application? Or is the view button greyed out? If the view button is greyed out it’s a glitch

torono24

May 3, 2023
Have a couple questions for those who submitted PR renewal forms online
1. Did you receive an AOR eventually as part of your application processing, or did it go straight to another status?
2. After application becomes available for tracking with GC key, can you see the details of the forms that you submitted?

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
I'll wait a couple of days and then see... thanks for your help :)
It could take several weeks. I had 2 error messages. First one took around a month to disappear. Second one took less than 24 hours.