+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

poornimagogi

Aug 18, 2017
Has anyone submitted the PR renewal application in first week of March 2023 and received any updates?
I need to travel on Jun 9th and return on the 18th, but my PR card is expiring on the 5th Jun. My application was submitted online on the 6th Mar, so far no updates. It just shows application submitted.

lealealea

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 24, 2023.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 17, 2023.
  3. We started processing your application on March 17, 2023.
Phoned IRCC during the strike and was told nothing is updated in my mailed-in application after March 17. I could only find my first pr card application (back in 2017) when using gc key account. First PR card expired on Jun 2022, my case might need extra time to verify since I submitted the application a week after I met the residency obligation.

Does anyone think if I can make the case urgent for summer vacation reason? It doesn't fit in the three listed urgent situation but my kids want a summer vacation.

shaheersinn

Star Member
Jan 23, 2016
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
App. Filed.......
16th Feb 2016
Doc's Request.
No request
Med's Request
29th May 2016
Med's Done....
6th May 2016
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
10th July
VISA ISSUED...
25th July 2016
LANDED..........
Scheduled on 12th Aug
Online applications don't get AOR, atleast I never got one.
If online applications dont get AOR, then how are we to find out when application is processed? I have been trying to link my application to IRCC portal for the past month but I couldn't. Its my understanding if you enter the details all correct and still cant link the application, then the application hasnt even started getting processed. I submitted my application on 2 Feb and requested urgency. But is there any way to check the progress on my application?

Also, I don't know how you guys get hold of CIC over the phone. I have tried a dozen times and they always hang up on me or keep me waiting for hours. Is there a trick to it?

shaheersinn

Star Member
Jan 23, 2016
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
App. Filed.......
16th Feb 2016
Doc's Request.
No request
Med's Request
29th May 2016
Med's Done....
6th May 2016
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
10th July
VISA ISSUED...
25th July 2016
LANDED..........
Scheduled on 12th Aug
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 24, 2023.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 17, 2023.
  3. We started processing your application on March 17, 2023.
Phoned IRCC during the strike and was told nothing is updated in my mailed-in application after March 17. I could only find my first pr card application (back in 2017) when using gc key account. First PR card expired on Jun 2022, my case might need extra time to verify since I submitted the application a week after I met the residency obligation.

Does anyone think if I can make the case urgent for summer vacation reason? It doesn't fit in the three listed urgent situation but my kids want a summer vacation.
Good luck doing that. I had to cancel my travel plans TWICE because of CIC taking too long to process my PR renewal. I was charged a hefty penalty fees for cancellation and I couldn't even get a refund. I have thought about sending them an itinerary of booked flights but I doubt it will count as urgent. Meanwhile, I have applied for my citizenship as well (been exactly 1 year now) and its only getting frustrating the more it drags on. I hope I get either a PR renewal or my passport in time. I had so many plans for this summer and all got ruined.

Reactions: Andrea1199

gataM

Nov 6, 2018
Hi guys,

March 6: submitted the application online
May 4: I saw "incomplete application" under the return reason section with no email notification to request anything. I was not able to click the view button under the action button because it's grey. Also I was able to link my application with GCkey.

I called IRCC and they said I should wait for 1 or 2 days to see if I receive any email from officers, but it is normal to be able to link my application with GCkey even though my application is incomplete?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi guys,

March 6: submitted the application online
May 4: I saw "incomplete application" under the return reason section with no email notification to request anything. I was not able to click the view button under the action button because it's grey. Also I was able to link my application with GCkey.

I called IRCC and they said I should wait for 1 or 2 days to see if I receive any email from officers, but it is normal to be able to link my application with GCkey even though my application is incomplete?
I think @jeff198901 faced the same issue, they might be able to help

Also check this thread - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-portal-incomplete-application.790515/

VanMTG

May 4, 2023
Hi everyone. I applied for PR renewal for myself and family by mail, delivered March 6th.
We have a vacation abroad coming up in August and was starting to get worried about them arriving on time then the strike happened and my anxiety went way up!
I found this thread so helpful in keeping track on where things are up to in the system - thank you for sharing your timelines - so thought I'd join in and share too. Hoping the processing moves quickly for everyone!