Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Received application : March 8 2022
Sent AOR: March 31st 2022
started processing : March 31 2022

Status in overall application in tracker is Decision Made .

Reactions: CNP and jakklondon

Mohamed1810

Mar 23, 2022
LAST UPDATE!!
Mail reached today! Received the PR card on March 28, 2022.
I live in BC.

Full timeline:
Application sent: Feb 3
Mail Reached: Feb 9
AOR mail: Mar 7
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on February 9, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 7, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on March 7, 2022.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on March 23, 2022.
  5. Got the PR card on March 28, 2022.
Regarding step 1 (we received your application on feb 9) how did you got this info and when , is it with tge AOR mail?

ramsaran2022

Jan 6, 2022
Hi,

We sent in two different packets. There are other forum member who sent in same packet and also reported to having received one AOR as well.

My theory is that they just entered one application into the system and bundled the other one as it await processing. Another theory is that it is sent to different officer and it hasn't begun processing. Either way, we should receive some sort of update closer to 2-3 months mark for decision.
I hope the bundle hypotheses is true. Let’s wish for the best.
Please keep the thread posted if there is any development, I will also do the same.

kanwaljeet

Jan 7, 2018
Hey Guys,
Anyone knows, if the PR card takes time to be closed. Can we travel outside of Canada ? What are the implications or if anyone has done it please reply.
Thanks in advance

igg

Star Member
Dec 9, 2021
Visa Office......
Mississaga
Application received: Mar 11
AOR: Mar 31
DM in ecas: Mar 31 [updated next day, no date in ecas]

We've got 3 out of 4 AOR emails, but could successfully link all 4 applications in gckey and ecas shows them all. Sent in one package.

ethelstan

Sep 16, 2016

We've got 3 out of 4 AOR emails, but could successfully link all 4 applications in gckey and ecas shows them all. Sent in one package.
Is this for initial or renewal PR?

ramsaran2022

Jan 6, 2022

How were you able to track the 4th application for which AOR is not received?

igg

Star Member
Dec 9, 2021
Visa Office......
Mississaga
I guess because in this case the application was actually registered by the agent, it appeared in the system.

So what I did:

1. I tried to link it in gckey but using options without the application number, because I didn't have it. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html

It was successfully located and linked on the same day of AOR for others. At this point I had the application number and should be now receiving updates for it to the email as well. (if the reason for missing AOR was wrongly typed email address)

2. On the next day, I checked ecas, and the application appeared there without any action on my end. Ecas is only updating on next business day morning, so be patient. I already used it for other applications (using UCI as identifier), so didn't have to try different options of identifiers, etc.
Ecas: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=ecas

Last edited:

igg

Star Member
Dec 9, 2021
Visa Office......
Mississaga
Response with links waits for moderator review. Here is a copy without the links.

I guess because in this case the application was actually registered by the agent, it appeared in the system.

So what I did:

1. I tried to link it in gckey but using options without the application number, because I didn't have it.

It was successfully located and linked on the same day of AOR for others. At this point I had the application number and should be now receiving updates for it to the email as well. (if the reason for missing AOR was wrongly typed email address)

2. On the next day, I checked ecas, and the application appeared there without any action on my end. Ecas is only updating on next business day morning, so be patient. I already used it for other applications (using UCI as identifier), so didn't have to try different options of identifiers, etc.

Reactions: ramsaran2022

eagerbeaver!

May 13, 2020
My application for renewal was received on December 16, 2021. Processing commenced in February 2022. A decision was made today, April 1st 2022 (unsure if it was rejected or approved). So about 103-104 days.

Reactions: ethelstan

ethelstan

Sep 16, 2016
My application for renewal was received on December 16, 2021. Processing commenced in February 2022. A decision was made today, April 1st 2022 (unsure if it was rejected or approved). So about 103-104 days.
Thank you. Per CIC processing timeline - currently it is 108 days for most applications, so you're right on the money.

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
So im trying to link my app to GCkey and realized by AOR does not have an application number . Did everyone else’s have the application number ? does it start with a letter or how many numbers are in it