+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

john_doe_

Mar 23, 2022
I don't understand why was my thread not posted and no moderators approved my reply? I just want to update my status. That's all.

//
UPDATES

4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on March 23, 2022.
Current Status: Complete

I am very surprised they went through the process pretty fast. I was quite frustrated because I found that I had made some small mistakes in my application soon after I sent the package. I thought my application might be delayed due to this reason. My theory is that my physical presence is way beyond 2 years so IRCC just doesn't really care. The mistakes I made were that I did not record my unemployed status before I got into school, and the accessing period was supposed to be ended by 20220203 but I put 20220223. LOL.
another applicant got the status on 23 Mar. Magic day.

Americanwife94

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Mine expires august 7th, sent in renewal.

Mailed: Feb 25
Received in mailroom: March 3

Hoping for AOR sometime this week/next

loree_2009

Star Member
Jun 27, 2009
Thats right, you dont need to apply for pr card. However, you can link pr card application,which officer would have raised, to your gckey account to track the progress.

Please see steps here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html
Another question - do i need any specific information/data in order to link the application? The officer did not say anything other than I have time to update my address if needed while I am here in Canada. So I'm wondering how to do that? I can't see any pending application in my GCKey, nor do I know how to update it... :(

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Another question - do i need any specific information/data in order to link the application? The officer did not say anything other than I have time to update my address if needed while I am here in Canada. So I'm wondering how to do that? I can't see any pending application in my GCKey, nor do I know how to update it... :(
1. To update address, you have 180 days from date of landing. To do that, call IRCC and update it. You can also raise a webform.
2. I shared with you steps to link a PR card application to GCKey account. Follow the steps and you should be good. (another link to help you understand - https://askkubeir.com/pr-card-application/)

john_doe_

Mar 23, 2022
Share my status here:

Application Mail-Out: 2022-1-1*
AoR: 2022-2-1*
DM & Card Mail-Out: 2022-3-1*

Thanks for the forum posts and members.

BTW, to those who concerned about whether the application will be impacted if only few days longer than 730?
My status about 10 days longer than 730 dated from the day application mailed out.
Update:
Just received my card today.
Coincidently, my friend also get her card today, her DM & Card Mail date is also 23-MAR, imo, this means the DM & Card Mail date is real.:D

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021
Update:
Just received my card today.
Coincidently, my friend also get her card today, her DM & Card Mail date is also 23-MAR, imo, this means the DM & Card Mail date is real.:D
BY LAW you are ENTITLED to receive your new PR card, as long as you have been in Canada 730 days or more out of past 5 years. There is no such a thing as "too close to 730" or "I will deny this guy who has less than 800 days in Canada, because I am a Grand Poohbah of immigration laws and I just want so!". No such arbitrary idiocy is written into law by the Parliament. Needles to say, some CBSA officers act as vigilantes and make up their own rules, in defiance of the law passed by Parliament, and they give hard time to people whom they assume to be most vulnerable and least able to advocate for their rights. They are scumbags, criminals who use their badge to commit crimes with impudence.

If all CBSA was doing was getting busy stopping violent, criminal illegal aliens, human traffickers and drug dealers, we could say "Ok, these guys are protecting us", and we would support it. Because no Canadian PR in his right mind wants his daughter and wife to walk the streets where they can be attacked, robbed, killed or kidnapped for servitude and slavery. But instead of doing what they have sworn to do (uphold the law and protect innocent civilians), some of them resort to sadistic actions that cause so much pain and despair to people whose only fault is being lawfully present in Canada and asking for the document that allows them to leave the country and return without hurdles.

Last edited:

SbewrNMKt

Mar 3, 2022
I don't understand why was my thread not posted and no moderators approved my reply? I just want to update my status. That's all.

//
UPDATES

Current Status: Complete

I am very surprised they went through the process pretty fast. I was quite frustrated because I found that I had made some small mistakes in my application soon after I sent the package. I thought my application might be delayed due to this reason. My theory is that my physical presence is way beyond 2 years so IRCC just doesn't really care. The mistakes I made were that I did not record my unemployed status before I got into school, and the accessing period was supposed to be ended by 20220203 but I put 20220223. LOL.
LAST UPDATE!!
Mail reached today! Received the PR card on March 28, 2022.
I live in BC.

Full timeline:
Application sent: Feb 3
Mail Reached: Feb 9
AOR mail: Mar 7
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on February 9, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 7, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on March 7, 2022.
  5. Got the PR card on March 28, 2022.

Reactions: GuyanaGirl

Americanwife94

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Hi all,

I live rurally and Canada post does not deliver mail to my address, everyone here has PO Boxes. I listed my actual home address as my residential address because I live here, not at the post office. I listed my P.O. Box as my mailing address. I saw that they don’t deliver PR cards to P.O. Boxes unless it’s your residential mailing address. I would consider my P.O. Box as my residential mailing address, but I’m wondering if this is going to cause issues and cause my card to be sent to an office somewhere to pick up.
I wonder if I should have put my po box as my residential address or if I messed up?
I updated my license and it lists my po box as my address on it.

just not sure what to do or if I should worry?

Edit: I did list my P.O. Box next to my home address in the residential address section.
Example: 123 Maple Leaf St, PO Box 1
Syrup City, NS
1A2 B3C

Last edited:

ethelstan

Sep 16, 2016
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on February 21, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 17, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on March 17, 2022.
The above is one is for one of my applications (sent two). The other one still has no AOR

ethelstan

Sep 16, 2016
application received-7th december 2021
still waiting for pr card.
anyone have idea what to do?
So it's been 3.5months. However December is a holiday season, so really 3 months (standard processing is 112 days) . I would wait until mid to late April. If no news, I would raise the web form to follow up.

ramsaran2022

Jan 6, 2022
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on February 21, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 17, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on March 17, 2022.
The above is one is for one of my applications (sent two). The other one still has no AOR
Hi,

did you send both the applications in same packet or different?
In our case we sent two packets (delivered March 11th) and one received AOR yesterday.

Mohamed1810

Mar 23, 2022
Hi,

In our case we sent two packets (delivered March 11th) and one received AOR yesterday.
Is it fine to to send in yhe same packet ? I did send f4 applications in the same packet , but each in separate envelopes ? Is this okay

ethelstan

Sep 16, 2016
Hi,

Hi,

We sent in two different packets. There are other forum member who sent in same packet and also reported to having received one AOR as well.

My theory is that they just entered one application into the system and bundled the other one as it await processing. Another theory is that it is sent to different officer and it hasn't begun processing. Either way, we should receive some sort of update closer to 2-3 months mark for decision.