+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card renewal Aug 2022 (Online portal)

shivjot

Aug 28, 2023
Hi,

What's the current wait times to get the renewed PR card?
Hey, I applied my PR Card renewal on 20th June, 2023 on online portal. Status is Submitted. I left Canada on 2nd August 2023 and currently in India. My Current PR Card expires this year in December. Processing time was 92 days when i applied online and I expect 22 Sept 2023. What are your thoughts?

Should I ask my friend to receive my card from mailbox or should i travel back to Canada to receive my card myself around that time?

Thanks

ramansingh05

Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CRS- 422
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
08-10-2016
Med's Request
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
Hey, I applied my PR Card renewal on 20th June, 2023 on online portal. Status is Submitted. I left Canada on 2nd August 2023 and currently in India. My Current PR Card expires this year in December. Processing time was 92 days when i applied online and I expect 22 Sept 2023. What are your thoughts?

Should I ask my friend to receive my card from mailbox or should i travel back to Canada to receive my card myself around that time?

Thanks
Hi @shivjot - Same happened with me last year. I submitted PR Card renewal on 18Aug and left for India on 13th Oct thought there wasn't any update even 90 days i.e. after 18 Nov 2022(PS: Till date it says submitted) then to be on safer side I sent my friend to check mailbox and BOOM PR card was there and they delivered on 14th Oct(within 60 days) so don't rely on online status and keep checking mailbox.

Please do update the date once you receive the card so this can help other's query.

All the best...

Cerebros

Nov 27, 2008
Posting here to see if anyone can offer advice on what to do. I applied for my PR renewal on May 9th. I have not received any kind of contact from IRCC regarding it. The online portal says submitted since the first day. Not sure what to do. I have reached out through the web form but not received any response either.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Posting here to see if anyone can offer advice on what to do. I applied for my PR renewal on May 9th. I have not received any kind of contact from IRCC regarding it. The online portal says submitted since the first day. Not sure what to do. I have reached out through the web form but not received any response either.
Try these steps if not already exercised -

1. Link PR card application to GCkey - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html OR
2. Call IRCC at 1 (888) 242-2100 .When you call IRCC, It will ask you for the UCI , press 2 i.e. no UCI available and then as soon as the message for Afghanistan and Ukraine refugees start playing press 3 3 0 in quick succession you will be able to reach them. Ask them your PR card application number and use the same to link

shivjot

Aug 28, 2023
Hi @shivjot - Same happened with me last year. I submitted PR Card renewal on 18Aug and left for India on 13th Oct thought there wasn't any update even 90 days i.e. after 18 Nov 2022(PS: Till date it says submitted) then to be on safer side I sent my friend to check mailbox and BOOM PR card was there and they delivered on 14th Oct(within 60 days) so don't rely on online status and keep checking mailbox.

Please do update the date once you receive the card so this can help other's query.

All the best...
hey, today I just linked my application to GCkey. I was not able to find my application last month. This time it linked. Is GCkey accurate about status update or should I ask my friend to keep checking my mailbox. Let me know.

shivjot

Aug 28, 2023
try to find and link your application to GCKey account to stay updated about your application. Make a GCkey account . Select Permanent Residence Cards and type in your details to find your application. Once, found link it with your GCkey account.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
hey, today I just linked my application to GCkey. I was not able to find my application last month. This time it linked. Is GCkey accurate about status update or should I ask my friend to keep checking my mailbox. Let me know.
GCKey status is reliable and accurate. Keep an eye on status as it will be updated when card is mailed out

Cerebros

Nov 27, 2008
Try these steps if not already exercised -

1. Link PR card application to GCkey - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html OR
2. Call IRCC at 1 (888) 242-2100 .When you call IRCC, It will ask you for the UCI , press 2 i.e. no UCI available and then as soon as the message for Afghanistan and Ukraine refugees start playing press 3 3 0 in quick succession you will be able to reach them. Ask them your PR card application number and use the same to link
Thank you for your response. I did as you said and was able to connect with an agent . After providing them with the info , she informed me that the application is under process and the latest update is that it is in the production facility for the card. Does this mean that I should receive it soon? She also mentioned it was being processed manually so it took longer.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Thank you for your response. I did as you said and was able to connect with an agent . After providing them with the info , she informed me that the application is under process and the latest update is that it is in the production facility for the card. Does this mean that I should receive it soon? She also mentioned it was being processed manually so it took longer.
I assume production facility means it is sent for printing. So hopefully soon. Keep an eye on GCKey updates for PR card.

Cerebros

Nov 27, 2008
Just a quick update in case anyone is looking for timelines.
May9th , applied online for PR renewal. No email or confirmation was sent for anything. At this point the days was listed as 96 days.
Waited until 3 months and then filled the webform. No response.
I called in as per @CNP suggestions and actually got through the an actual human. They confirmed the card was in production.
Card showed up in mailbox on Thu Sep 7.

ramansingh05

Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CRS- 422
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
08-10-2016
Med's Request
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
try to find and link your application to GCKey account to stay updated about your application. Make a GCkey account . Select Permanent Residence Cards and type in your details to find your application. Once, found link it with your GCkey account.
Hi shivjot, hope you are doing well. Could you tell me how can we link PR renewal application to GC Key account? and is it beneficial interms of tracking?
Also did you get your renewed PR Card?

ramansingh05

Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CRS- 422
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
08-10-2016
Med's Request
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
Just a quick update in case anyone is looking for timelines.
May9th , applied online for PR renewal. No email or confirmation was sent for anything. At this point the days was listed as 96 days.
Waited until 3 months and then filled the webform. No response.
I called in as per @CNP suggestions and actually got through the an actual human. They confirmed the card was in production.
Card showed up in mailbox on Thu Sep 7.
Congratulations. which phone no did you called? could you please share and also any extension or shortcut so we can connect to the agent.

ramansingh05

Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CRS- 422
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
08-10-2016
Med's Request
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
@CNP @shivjot - what documents did you submit with your PR renewal application? Do we need to provide proof like passport stamps if we were out of the country within 2-3 yrs?