+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR CARD Received ..can i relocate to a different place

sand8000

Jun 27, 2011
Hi

Dumb question....

I landed in winnipeg and completed all landing formalities. I have now received my PR CArd and am ready to travel back to Canada.
Can settle in Ontario/toronto (or any other place ) instead of Manitoba/Winnipeg.
I have the pr , and ssn number.
I had not applied for Medical Card ..is that a problem?

-sand8000

BC2013

Feb 21, 2012
LANDED..........
7-16-2014
sand8000 said:
Hi

Dumb question....

I landed in winnipeg and completed all landing formalities. I have now received my PR CArd and am ready to travel back to Canada.
Can settle in Ontario/toronto (or any other place ) instead of Manitoba/Winnipeg.

-sand8000
No problem.
With a PR Card you may relocate anywhere, as long as you do not have any binding contracts with provincial governments (as some PNPs require).

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sand8000 said:
Did you get your PR through Manitoba PNP? If you did, you signed a document stating that you intend to settle in Manitoba. If you did not intend to settle in Manitoba when you landed, you misrepresented yourself when you signed that document. Misrepresentation towards immigration can cause your PR to be revoked. Currently, as far as I know, they are only going after people who don't land in their PNP provinces and do not look like they are planning on going there. Right now not going after people who already landed and didn't stay long but who knows when they will change that.

So.. if you did get your PR through Manitoba PNP, you should at least make an attempt to settle. If you are unsuccessful and end up going somewhere else because you had problems finding a job etc., that is a completely different story. It would mean at least you held up your end of the bargain and tried.

If you did not get your PR through Manitoba PNP, you can go to Ontario or any other province you want. Keep in mind if you go to Ontario or BC that there is a 3 month wait for health care so you would need emergency insurance for the first 3 months.

xohairtoo

Nov 6, 2013
Hi,

Well, I came to Canada through PNP from Nova Scotia.

I got settled here pretty good, came here, had successful landing, became a PR, got a Job, got an apartment, received PR cards withing 2-3 months and since then I have been leading a life in Nova Scotia.

But now (after 19 months living in NS) i want to shift from Nova Scotia to Quebec because of multiple personal circumstances related to my mother and wife' education.

I plan to get a better or at least equivalent (to my existing job) job in Quebec and then shift there along with my family.

Question Is: Will there be problems in order to get citizenship afterwards, or will the NS Immigration people would have problems with me after i shift?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi,

Well, I came to Canada through PNP from Nova Scotia.

I got settled here pretty good, came here, had successful landing, became a PR, got a Job, got an apartment, received PR cards withing 2-3 months and since then I have been leading a life in Nova Scotia.

But now (after 19 months living in NS) i want to shift from Nova Scotia to Quebec because of multiple personal circumstances related to my mother and wife' education.

I plan to get a better or at least equivalent (to my existing job) job in Quebec and then shift there along with my family.

Question Is: Will there be problems in order to get citizenship afterwards, or will the NS Immigration people would have problems with me after i shift?
See Relocate from Nova Scotia to Quebec after 1.5 years.