+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Relocate from Nova Scotia to Quebec after 1.5 years.

xohairtoo

Nov 6, 2013
Hi,

Well, I came to Canada through PNP from Nova Scotia.

I got settled here pretty good, came here, had successful landing, became a PR, got a Job, got an apartment, received PR cards withing 2-3 months and since then I have been leading a life in Nova Scotia.

But now (after 19 months living in NS) i want to shift from Nova Scotia to Quebec because of multiple personal circumstances related to my mother and wife' education.

I plan to get a better or at least equivalent (to my existing job) job in Quebec and then shift there along with my family.

Question Is: Will there be problems in order to get citizenship afterwards, or will the NS Immigration people would have problems with me after i shift?

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
My understanding is that once you are a PR (no matter how you got it) you have the right to settle anywhere in Canada.

For your citizenship application, make sure that you keep all the proof that you have to be able to show the days in canada so this would include bank account statements, rental agreements, utility bills, employment contracts, pay-stubs etc.

I don't think that you would have any problems down the line should you decide to move to Québéc.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi,

Well, I came to Canada through PNP from Nova Scotia.

I got settled here pretty good, came here, had successful landing, became a PR, got a Job, got an apartment, received PR cards withing 2-3 months and since then I have been leading a life in Nova Scotia.

But now (after 19 months living in NS) i want to shift from Nova Scotia to Quebec because of multiple personal circumstances related to my mother and wife' education.

I plan to get a better or at least equivalent (to my existing job) job in Quebec and then shift there along with my family.

Question Is: Will there be problems in order to get citizenship afterwards, or will the NS Immigration people would have problems with me after i shift?
No problems at all. You are free to relocate without any possibility of being accused of misrepresentation to NS.

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
I know quite a few people who have moved from India to PEI. They have conditions on their permanent residency. They have to live in the province for 2 years but then there are few who were in Canada but got their Permanent residency through the same province and are free to live anywhere in Canada.

Make sure you go through your Permanent residency documents and see if there are any restrictions.

Reactions: xohairtoo