+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card, Please help!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know some embassies can give you a travel document the same day. I don't know if they are multiple entry and how long they are good for. Their purpose is for you to be able to get back to Canada to apply to renew your PR card. They are not really meant to replace the need for a PR card completely.

windsorguy

Oct 11, 2009
Thanks, Leon!

I am filling the application form for PR card. For question 21:
21. Have you travelled or lived outside of Canada in the last five years (or if you became a permament resident less than five years ago, since become a permenent resident)?

which let me fill out the month-year, the location (city, country), reason for absence and number of days for the absence.

Since I am working in the US and ocassionally go back to Canada to see my wife, I will use my wife (i.e., my home) address in Canada to renew my PR card, if I fill out the fields with US city, the reason (working) and the totally days absence (206 days now), I guess I will be rejected for the PR card renew.

Any suggestion is appreciated!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have been outside Canada for more than 1095 days in the last 5 years or since you became PR, whichever is the shorter time, you will be refused. If not, then you should get a renewal.